Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC Fans given banning order....................

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Just taken a quick look at their Facebook profiles - lots of 'Likes' of groups for football hooligans, ultras and 'casuals'.

What a surprise!

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
I heard the police receive £3500 for every FBO from the home office..This should cover the expenses and justify the jolly of the British police over there. Total disgrace.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Disappointing to see some comments from fellow football 'fans' here.

I was in the square in Marseille when it kicked off, and it was literally do or die. A few hundred Russians re-arranged the square, throwing tables, chairs, umbrellas at anyone, punching and kicking anyone on the ground.

We were fortunate to be at the other end of the square, but that still didn't stop the local police firing tear gas at us and swinging batons at england fans running AWAY.

Shame the lads have been stitched up and our police should be ashamed.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

I was in the square in Marseille when it kicked off, and it was literally do or die. A few hundred Russians re-arranged the square, throwing tables, chairs, umbrellas at anyone, punching and kicking anyone on the ground.

We were fortunate to be at the other end of the square, but that still didn't stop the local police firing tear gas at us and swinging batons at england fans running AWAY.

Now you know not to deal with first hand facts on here.

Others know better and it was your own fault for being in the square at the time.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Forgive me where have I threatened violence? I'm making the assumption that something said online will also be said in person and offering those that opportunity?

For what reason? Because you think it'll go down well........

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
For me anyone who attacked one of those Russian animals who were so quick to attack women, children, disabled people and nearly killed the fan from Portsmouth deserve medals if anything. If that upsets some on here, well it does. But my opinion is irrelevant.

However, if there was a charge to be answered then surely it should've been the responsibility of the French authorities to arrest charge and prove a case against these people? A ban based upon a selective piece of video evidence is not justice, it's not even an attempt at justice it's political theatre designed to give the impression of action. The primacy of justice is under severe attack in this country especially with the removal of legal aid, the right of silence and other quasi legal moves to ensure convictions but they are football hooligans so what right do they have to a trial or justice eh?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It is a worrying turn of "justice" that's for sure. even if they are hooligans who went looking for a scrap they didn't seem to get a fair hearing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Anyone who knew the group I travelled away with in the 90s would know we were far from hooligans and never looked for trouble, yet there were three occasions where we literally couldn't avoid it; Palace away where we turned the corner in to the middle of a massive fight, Chesterfield where they attacked their own pub and Scunthorpe at home who surrounded us afterwards and started on the smallest and weediest of us.

Despite that, to their credit. PC Beard and the rest knew we were mostly trouble free alkies and left us alone to concentrate on bigger issues. Nothing came of those three incidents and, the irony was, it took Bellotti. and Archer before anyone I knew got banned.

Imagine that for a second - you walk out of a ground or pub straight in to a massive fight that you've had nothing to do with causing. Then, a few days later you get taken to a kangeroo court and given a banning order.

These lads may be no angels, I don't know, wasn't there, couldn't comment. But the system could actually have been said to have got worse over the last 20 years - that is less just.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
So lets say you were having a pint in your local tonight and some mush walks in and lumps you for no reason other than he didn't like the look of you. You hit him back and it's on CCTV. Should you be done for assault? And if so would it then be fair for the Argus to splash your name and photograph all over their rag?

Yes. I hit back. If I got caught and he didn't that's my tough bleedin' luck. As for the Argus bit don't local rags often put up court sentences?. Though usually it just "so and so of The Drive, Hove, 6 months for kicking a puppy" or something.

I don't know. It does seem a tad unfair on these fellas but at the same time, unless they're backed into a corner, there is always the option of retreat. Retaliation isn't always necessarily the correct response.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The one thing that reading this thread and the links has reinforced is that 'The Argus' website is really shit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The one thing that reading this thread and the links has reinforced is that 'The Argus' website is really shit.

You can either have the content masked by huge ads or by a huge box asking you to uninstall your ad blocker. It's almost like they don't want people reading their copy.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Better than being called rufus, cecil and eugene

Yobs and Toffs - I hate both (although I've never actually been burgled or beaten-up by toffs)!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Russian lads are given a heroes welcome, our lads get given football bans and get their names dragged through the mud by local media...

These lads were attacked by a group of Russians, who might I add had gum shields, these lads then retaliated in self defence. Conveniently police footage only starts from half way through the confrontation as the Russian lads started to back off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here