Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Derby home crowd/tickets sold/seats remaining thread [Merged]

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Might it have been a mistake for the club to say in the initial communication that tickets were unlikely to go on general sale. Could have put a few casual fans off

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Should have made that clearer!

I can't see how the form of the opponent would impact anything when we are probably in the top 4 form in the league.

Could add the buzz of a last minute winner could help bring a few extra.

Form table since 1st April has Derby County on top of the table, us in 6th as an expression of points per game. Not a lot in it though.

Form table since the start of the year has Derby County in 4th, us in 8th. Again only 4 points in it, not a lot.

Feb 14, 2010
Yes. And we were shit enduring a barren spell of results.

You are so hard on this football club. Actually 8000 gates at the time was not too bad, I recall Arsenal getting 18000 at times and Sunderland in the old 3rd div with us (the Goldstone Gaz year) were getting about 11000. Football went into decline in the 1980s and Brighton did also. However with that, Brighton also went into decline on the pitch which made the decline at Brighton even more stark. Brighton have pretty much always played lower league football and the support the club gets is quite remarkable despite that, the Archer years, the Gillingham years, The Withdean years and the lost generations. Not quite as remarkable as the campaign embarked on by Brighton fans and the thousands that week in week out went to Gillingham (even midweek) to watch us finish second from bottom (the second year running) of the entire football league. If you think that is "talking shit" then we have to agree to differ. I think perhaps you have to leave Sussex and look at it from the outside to really appreciate just how lucky the are with its support. Honestly, it really is quite remarkable and there is always a reason or collection of reasons why. The main reason I think is the Sussex identity.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Well, two seasons ago when we beat Derby 2-0 the gate was 18,000 or so.

The seats right at the front don't seem to be very popular.

Not quite like when I saw my first match against Derby back in 1976 though.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
You are so hard on this football club. Actually 8000 gates at the time was not too bad, I recall Arsenal getting 18000 at times and Sunderland in the old 3rd div with us (the Goldstone Gaz year) were getting about 11000. Football went into decline in the 1980s and Brighton did also. However with that, Brighton also went into decline on the pitch which made the decline at Brighton even more stark. Brighton have pretty much always played lower league football and the support the club gets is quite remarkable despite that, the Archer years, the Gillingham years, The Withdean years and the lost generations. Not quite as remarkable as the campaign embarked on by Brighton fans and the thousands that week in week out went to Gillingham (even midweek) to watch us finish second from bottom (the second year running) of the entire football league. If you think that is "talking shit" then we have to agree to differ. I think perhaps you have to leave Sussex and look at it from the outside to really appreciate just how lucky the are with its support. Honestly, it really is quite remarkable and there is always a reason or collection of reasons why. The main reason I think is the Sussex identity.

Excellent post.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
They've awarded 20 for the away leg, which I'm sure is incorrect. However, I've not pointed it out yet because, well, it just doesn't seem important right now.

I have probably missed the thread but I see I have 70 points for renewing my season ticket which I don't understand. Are they changing the 1000 points next season or something or will this disappear again when they rejig the points for the new season

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The 1980's saw poor crowds pretty much everywhere, some of the away crowds with Brighton were shocking, football was out of fashion big time (even local games saw little interest)
1984-85
1985 Palace v Brighton 8,025
1985 Fulham v Brighton 6,990
1985-86
1985 Fulham v Brighton 5,861
1986 Charlton v Brighton 5,932
1986-87
1986 Millwall v Brighton 3,851
1987-88
1988 Doncaster v Brighton 1,683
1988-89
1989 Stoke v Brighton 5,841

A couple of shockers from the 1990
1991 Newcastle v Brighton 12,692 (yet Newcastle say they have been forever loyal!)
1992 Chelsea v Coventry 10,962

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Still think by thurs afternoon we will have close to a sell out.. For those undecided as yet as game gets closer the big game draw will entice more fans to Amex.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Form table since 1st April has Derby County on top of the table, us in 6th as an expression of points per game. Not a lot in it though.

Form table since the start of the year has Derby County in 4th, us in 8th. Again only 4 points in it, not a lot.

A mini table of the top 6 for the season has Leicester top with BHA in second. Derby 3rd... We do do much better against the top teams...

Since going on general sale, tickets have sold well overnight. By the end of today I would not expect there to be anything other than singles left, unless the club release some of the segregation area.

Derby are also selling their leg well, with 2500 seats left for their home fans as of last night.

Currently all available areas have limited availability apart from the shelf. Quick tot up (counting in 50's) suggests about 1500 still to sell.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Actually, they were absolutely dreadful. So I've put this list together to stop you embarrassing yourself (and us, by association) with this rubbish. Please, just stop.

Source: http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/

Division 2 table, with average attendances:

Oldham Athletic (13,247)
West Ham United (22,551)
Sheffield Wednesday (26,605)
Notts County (8,164)
Millwall (10,846)
Brighton & Hove Albion (8,326)
Middlesbrough (17,023)
Barnsley (8,937)
Bristol City (13,495)
Oxford United (5,780)
Newcastle United (16,834)
Wolverhampton Wanderers (15,837)
Bristol Rovers (5,929)
Ipswich Town (11,772)
Port Vale (8,092)
Charlton Athletic (6,548)
Portsmouth (9,689)
Plymouth Argyle (6,851)
Blackburn Rovers (8,126)
Watford (9,576)
Swindon Town (9,353)
Leicester City (11,546)
West Bromwich Albion (11,993)
Hull City (6,165)

How many "similar sized" clubs had lower gates than us that season? I think there are only SEVEN clubs in the whole league that year with a lower average gate. Even Barnsley and Swindon had better gates, with Port Vale and Notts County within a couple of hundred of our gates.

The rest of this post is waffle that we'd all love to agree with, but is merely an attempt to hide the truth - we have had periods where our support has been terrible. We're not a small club and never have been, but you constantly talk as if our support has always been massive. It simply hasn't.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Actually, they were absolutely dreadful. So I've put this list together to stop you embarrassing yourself (and us, by association) with this rubbish. Please, just stop.

Source: http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/

Division 2 table, with average attendances:

Oldham Athletic (13,247)
West Ham United (22,551)
Sheffield Wednesday (26,605)
Notts County (8,164)
Millwall (10,846)
Brighton & Hove Albion (8,326)
Middlesbrough (17,023)
Barnsley (8,937)
Bristol City (13,495)
Oxford United (5,780)
Newcastle United (16,834)
Wolverhampton Wanderers (15,837)
Bristol Rovers (5,929)
Ipswich Town (11,772)
Port Vale (8,092)
Charlton Athletic (6,548)
Portsmouth (9,689)
Plymouth Argyle (6,851)
Blackburn Rovers (8,126)
Watford (9,576)
Swindon Town (9,353)
Leicester City (11,546)
West Bromwich Albion (11,993)
Hull City (6,165)

How many "similar sized" clubs had lower gates than us that season? I think there are only SEVEN clubs in the whole league that year with a lower average gate. Even Barnsley and Swindon had better gates, with Port Vale and Notts County within a couple of hundred of our gates.

The rest of this post is waffle that we'd all love to agree with, but is merely an attempt to hide the truth - we have had periods where our support has been terrible. We're not a small club and never have been, but you constantly talk as if our support has always been massive. It simply hasn't.

That can't be right for The Greatest Fans in the World ©, surely there is a zero missing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That can't be right for The Greatest Fans in the World ©, surely there is a zero missing.

Clearly. Well spotted!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here