Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Al Murray

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I once had the misfortune to see him 'support' squeeze. What a complete & utter tosser. Totally devoid of talent and worthy of only utter contempt.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I see. I'm not sure there is a right answer really. If you have two children who are equally as intelligent, but one comes from a family who can't afford better schooling & the other comes from a family who can. Do you prevent the second child getting better education access to give them both an even chance, or do you allow the more privileged child to do their best? I say the latter, but I also understand those who disagree.
I agree with you, as for grammar schools, id rather we tried to improve comprehensives/secondary modern schools up to grammar standard than the other way round.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
a big fan of al murray but that was not the way to mock a political party. he should save it for the stage.
Conversely, I don't really find him funny at all but really liked his reaction (fake or not) during the results.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn't like the twats shouting 'bye Nigel' and mocking him in that clip. I have no alligience to any party but to try and humiliate someone who's just had a blow like that is sad to see. Is that what politics is about these days? Not often you get that even in football from players to mother players after the game..!

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Yes and no, I had learnt to box at a reasonable level so could look after myself, I did get picked on a bit for a short while but it stopped.

Private school does teach you much more about life skills than some give it credit for I guess, my school (which is no more, got knocked down in the late 80s early 90s for development) only ever had 96 pupils at best, the discipline was incredible! If you got the cane or the slipper it was in front of everyone at the morning assembly, trust me it bloody hurt alot as well, but all that said the discipline was for the good IMO, that said I remember my form teacher in Whitehawk (Ron Yates??) hitting me over the knuckles of my left hand with the edge of a ruler, as he walked past my desk, to this day I still don't know what I did to warrant him doing that? making me aware of who he was I guess :shrug: He was nothing but a bully, that said he was in good company as Whitehawk had it's fair share of them :lol: still got great memorys from those days though......

If that teacher was Paul Yates, there during the early, mid sixties, he did it because he was a flash, sadist bully, liked to impress the schoolgirls as well, definitely a wrong in.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Murray's antics were because he was making a TV programme about the campaign for South Thanet. That programme is on in 5 minutes on Dave.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Didn't like the twats shouting 'bye Nigel' and mocking him in that clip. I have no alligience to any party but to try and humiliate someone who's just had a blow like that is sad to see. Is that what politics is about these days? Not often you get that even in football from players to mother players after the game..!

Leading the infantile chorus of leftist poseurs was the purple headed harridan Bunny La Roche (yes that is her real name). You may recall seeing her in typical fashion shouting abuse at Nigel Farage on Question Time.

UKIP had the last laugh though. As the far left celebrated in Ramsgate, they saw the light of a new day bring them the news that they now lived under the first UKIP controlled council in the country.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I take umbrage to that. I'm fed up with defending a private education and being written off as 'posh private school boy'. Some of us are functioning and rounded human beings.

I don't have issue with any one individual politician having been to private shool but having a government dominated by people who went to private school and are all in an old boys club, and who use private health care when they run the state schools and hospitals is surely not right?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yes and no, I had learnt to box at a reasonable level so could look after myself, I did get picked on a bit for a short while but it stopped.

Private school does teach you much more about life skills than some give it credit for I guess, my school (which is no more, got knocked down in the late 80s early 90s for development) only ever had 96 pupils at best, the discipline was incredible! If you got the cane or the slipper it was in front of everyone at the morning assembly, trust me it bloody hurt alot as well, but all that said the discipline was for the good IMO, that said I remember my form teacher in Whitehawk (Ron Yates??) hitting me over the knuckles of my left hand with the edge of a ruler, as he walked past my desk, to this day I still don't know what I did to warrant him doing that? making me aware of who he was I guess :shrug: He was nothing but a bully, that said he was in good company as Whitehawk had it's fair share of them :lol: still got great memorys from those days though......

See me.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I don't have issue with any one individual politician having been to private shool but having a government dominated by people who went to private school and are all in an old boys club, and who use private health care when they run the state schools and hospitals is surely not right?

If they are democratically elected, surely it is more wrong to suggest that they don't deserve their positions due to circumstances which were never in their control?

Yoda

English & European

And then have the ordasity to say they are a normal person like us as well grinds my gears.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If they are democratically elected, surely it is more wrong to suggest that they don't deserve their positions due to circumstances which were never in their control?

But that's because the political system favours the ruling elite.

I'm not, by the way, questioning the result of the election (i.e. that the tories won), but I do think we need a better system that allows your average Jo/Joe to get into parliament more easily, whatever their political views. I also think that parliament needs a lot more scientists, economists, philosophers, etc. and far less career politicians.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Leading the infantile chorus of leftist poseurs was the purple headed harridan Bunny La Roche (yes that is her real name). You may recall seeing her in typical fashion shouting abuse at Nigel Farage on Question Time.

UKIP had the last laugh though. As the far left celebrated in Ramsgate, they saw the light of a new day bring them the news that they now lived under the first UKIP controlled council in the country.

Ill give that council a year, if not less, before it falls apart.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Desperate publicity stunt on the back of poor ticket sales for his tour that went too far. Very cringeworthy.

He really needs to find something new, his act is so unbelievably shit.

Always has been always will be. My wife knew him pretty well before he was famous, as he was married to the woman who sat next to her at work. He used to sit in the pub trying to be funny by shouting loudly. Everyone thought he was a bellend. The lack of humour in his pub landlord act came as no surprise. What did surprise me was that anyone found it funny at all and that Sky paid £1m for his series.

As for education, I'm with [MENTION=31796]alfredmizen[/MENTION] and a few others on here. I'd have grammar schools back at a stroke, and then sink money into the comp side if needs be to get them up to standard.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

They are democratically elected but there is nothing democratic about how each party selects its candidates. For example you have safe seats that either party can select who they want in parliament. Is this on political skill or merit of those in the party will equal opportunity to rise up to become a candidate, or is it on, well he went to Eton, lets get him/her in. Might be democratically elected as you say, but the selection process isn't.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Always has been always will be. My wife knew him pretty well before he was famous, as he was married to the woman who sat next to her at work. He used to sit in the pub trying to be funny by shouting loudly. Everyone thought he was a bellend. The lack of humour in his pub landlord act came as no surprise. What did surprise me was that anyone found it funny at all and that Sky paid £1m for his series.

As for education, I'm with [MENTION=31796]alfredmizen[/MENTION] and a few others on here. I'd have grammar schools back at a stroke, and then sink money into the comp side if needs be to get them up to standard.

The 11+ and the criteria set to get into a Grammar shouldn't be bought back at a stroke though. Our flogging of our kids up to the age of 11 because we have an educational paradigm based on Victorian principles of educational achievement is out of touch in the modern world. We still feel the need to stress kids out with SATS, while creativity, lateral thinking, imaginative learning all go by the wayside in an obsession with a limiting criteria of what is educational progress.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The 11+ and the criteria set to get into a Grammar shouldn't be bought back at a stroke though. Our flogging of our kids up to the age of 11 because we have an educational paradigm based on Victorian principles of educational achievement is out of touch in the modern world. We still feel the need to stress kids out with SATS, while creativity, lateral thinking, imaginative learning all go by the wayside in an obsession with a limiting criteria of what is educational progress.

It's the principle of streaming kids who are talented and want to and have the ability to learn that I am in favour of. I'd rather listen to the views of head masters as to how that is then best achieved, as these people are accountable for the results from kids.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here