Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The establishment and historic child sex abuse

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
this is impossible as there is no key opening on the inside of a cell door + the key is different to open doors and gates.
as a prison officer of nearly 10 years I have seen many supposed keys that had been made none of which ever worked and some by "supposed" experts.
how anyone can say that by looking at a glance and copying a very complicated key from a distance is living on another planet.
it was suspected at the time that some keys were stolen used and replaced, which is the more believable.
all keys carried by prison officers are hidden by the flap on all jackets on a hook on the belt, and believe me they were a bloody nuisance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakout_(2010_TV_series)

It was program 12 (Island Fortress). The main interview was actually with the escapee himself and he explained how he did it. So I guess you had better tell him how it was impossible.

Program 15, was the South African breakout I refered to, the escapee made 8 or so keys out of wood. That was called "keys to freedom". I can't think why.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
this is impossible as there is no key opening on the inside of a cell door

My memory of various photos from the Mandela era of South African prisons is that they used barred doors rather than solid like used in the UK, so someone with smaller hands could possibly access the external lock from the inside in that case. Someone who has visited Robben Island might be able to confirm or deny.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You can summarise the first 169 pages of this thread as follows:

1. Politician gets terminal illness and avoids prosecution.
2. 70s pop/TV personality is questioned by police, reputation forever tarnished, good chance of a modest jail term.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Janner report suggests that Operation Enamel was able uncover/cooroborate information that should have been investigated and uncovered in '91. An interesting insight into the sort of evidence that is useful in these cases.

Let's hope Midland has been able to do similar.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
lets hope the good old Auntie starts its cull soon
I wonder if they will know where all the foodbanks are
mind you prison food is not all that bad now

EDIT Oh and arshid from rotheram hope you don't have to much trouble with your wheelchair in prison,hope its got a motor on it because if it has not ..................best of luck with that one

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
lets hope the good old Auntie starts its cull soon
I wonder if they will know where all the foodbanks are
mind you prison food is not all that bad now

EDIT Oh and arshid from rotheram hope you don't have to much trouble with your wheelchair in prison,hope its got a motor on it because if it has not ..................best of luck with that one

i hope arshid ends up in a cell with ant and dech......**** me dead what a pair of *****...!!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Here's the Dame Janet Smith Saville/ Hall whitewash in full.

http://downloads.bbci.co.uk/bbctrus..._review/savile/jimmy_savile_investigation.pdf

This Tony Blackburn thing is interesting. Given the BEEB's recent record in dealing with whilstleblowers and his outspoken condemnation of Saville, I'm inclined to side with Blackburn here.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/sacked-tony-blackburn-accuses-bbc-7438580

It will be interesting to see what happens with the proposed lawsuit. One way or another, I don't think it will see the inside of a courtroom.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
john lydon bubbled them all up nearly 30 yrs ago so its not really down to the individual is it.....it was institutionalised kiddy fiddling of the highest degree.....that's why it is so hard to get them to take the lid off....thousands of paedo's and juveniles involved ......very very sad......i used to be proud of my heritage , now i'm approaching my 50th year i'm really starting to wonder...!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
"Where the
concern was of a sexual nature, the practice appears to have been
merely to ask the person accused whether the allegation was true
and, if it was denied, to accept the denial and say that nothing more
could be done. "

Sound familiar?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
and if I hear the words" we must learn from this and never let it happen again"
and all those that knew this was going on and are still at the BBC should be thrown out by the scruff of their necks.
to much of the culture of "what say this and get no promotion" from all sides.
I am sorry I still keep getting this mental picture of a child standing in a police station making a complaint and those who should know better not giving a toss.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
and if I hear the words" we must learn from this and never let it happen again"
and all those that knew this was going on and are still at the BBC should be thrown out by the scruff of their necks.
to much of the culture of "what say this and get no promotion" from all sides.
I am sorry I still keep getting this mental picture of a child standing in a police station making a complaint and those who should know better not giving a toss.

Agree 100%, I would LOVE to be able to get to a session of "Question Time" and stand up and ask "My question Mr Dimbleby is - did you, your brother David or any of the so-called Current Affairs staff at the BBC or indeed the ITV have no inkling at all whatsoever that within the BBC there was a culture of turning a blind eye to child abuse among BBC employees and paid personnel?"

It will never happen though. The Dimblebys and their helpers will make sure of that.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
john lydon bubbled them all up nearly 30 yrs ago so its not really down to the individual is it.....it was institutionalised kiddy fiddling of the highest degree.....that's why it is so hard to get them to take the lid off....thousands of paedo's and juveniles involved ......very very sad......i used to be proud of my heritage , now i'm approaching my 50th year i'm really starting to wonder...!

The report says that Ian Hampton of Squeeze reported inappropriate behaviour from Saville twice in the mid 1970's as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here