vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We are the new Leicestershire !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
126-7

So, we're still waiting for a century from one of our five senior batsmen. Shocking

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good morning session lads, 91-6 ....

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Definitely not the pitch this one. Was a bit of swing last night.

Batsmen do not seem to be capable of playing themselves in, too much one day mode stuff there.

Imagine if there was a proper batting coach to teach them these things...

I am listening to you Buckie. Trouble is these threads were funny when we had some spirit and the side were capable. There seems limited opportunity to offer comment for debate now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The batting really is a disgrace........

I've not seen all of Robbo's interviews recently, but I'm assuming he's very concerned and is determined to do something about it? It's not like we've got an key batsmen out injured after all.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I've not seen all of Robbo's interviews recently, but I'm assuming he's very concerned and is determined to do something about it? It's not like we've got an key batsmen out injured after all.

Yehthey are missing prior and Robinson keeps coming out with the same excuses and blaming the pitch

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Our woeful batting stats are INCREDIBLE. If you combine Nash, Joyce, Yardy, Wells and Cachopa's season this is what you get:

Matches: 31
Innings: 58
Not out: 0
Runs: 1,141
Highest: 92
Average: 19.67
100: 0
50: 5

For anyone that's interested, the batting stats for the 5 bowlers with the most overs (Shahzad, Robinson, Magoffin, Hobden and Jordan) are as follows:

Matches: 27
Innings: 52
Not out: 14
Runs: 705
Highest: 110
Average: 18.55
100: 1
50: 2

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Our woeful batting stats are INCREDIBLE. If you combine Nash, Joyce, Yardy, Wells and Cachopa's season this is what you get:

Matches: 31
Innings: 58
Not out: 0
Runs: 1,141
Highest: 92
Average: 19.67
100: 0
50: 5

For anyone that's interested, the batting stats for the 5 bowlers with the most overs (Shahzad, Robinson, Magoffin, Hobden and Jordan) are as follows:

Matches: 27
Innings: 52
Not out: 14
Runs: 705
Highest: 110
Average: 18.55
100: 1
50: 2

Surprised the average is that high to be honest.

The problem is that at least four of these five (plus Wright, who's not much better) are pretty much guaranteed to play every game. So they know they're not going to lose their place and, equally, don't have much opportunity to get back their form in the Seconds. Yes, we need a batting coach but the decision not to get another batsman in the winter looks bonkers

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Over the last couple of years our season seems to have picked up a bit during and after Horsham. Can't see it this year though. Our batters weaknesses are clearly common knowledge for all Div 1 bowling attacks and our batting coaching department (if such a thing exists) are clearly clueless regarding the adjustments the individual players need to make to stop getting out. The only saving grace this season may be that there could be two teams worse than us (perm one from Worcs., Somerset or Hants), bit like the Albion last season. Although now Hants have got Bird and Edwards playing for them, and based on their recent demolition of us at Hove, they are probably going to be ok.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Over the last couple of years our season seems to have picked up a bit during and after Horsham. Can't see it this year though. Our batters weaknesses are clearly common knowledge for all Div 1 bowling attacks and our batting coaching department (if such a thing exists) are clearly clueless regarding the adjustments the individual players need to make to stop getting out. The only saving grace this season may be that there could be two teams worse than us (perm one from Worcs., Somerset or Hants), bit like the Albion last season. Although now Hants have got Bird and Edwards playing for them, and based on their recent demolition of us at Hove, they are probably going to be ok.

I'm hoping that when the Goff turns English, we get a batsman in. I know Uncle B thinks that Sussex will get a spinner but another batter would be great

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here