Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would begin queueing outside the Amex NOW to ensure I got in to see Bobby's return to the Albion if we signed him.*

(* - if I didn't have a season ticket that afforded me a great view, even if I stroll up 2 minutes before kick-off)
Christ I've heard it all now :annoyed:
Bloody hope he doesn't sign as the club need to start focusing on the future instead of the bloody past...When he misses 30 games don't start whinging about the budget and cover for him.

Seriously let his great memories stay in the past

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Christ I've heard it all now :annoyed:
Bloody hope he doesn't sign as the club need to start focusing on the future instead of the bloody past...When he misses 30 games don't start whinging about the budget and cover for him.

Seriously let his great memories stay in the past

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It was the most successful period in the history of the club. The bloke was our talismanic striker in a team who won 2 consecutive titles - then opted to stay for another year with us in Division One, despite Premier League interest.

Proper Albion legend. Probably the most important Albion player since Ward (and Reinelt)
WTF
The most successful parts of our history are 79-83-91-13-14:annoyed:
How old are you? 6

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Leon knight banged in nearly 30 goals in the 3rd tier followed by 10 in the championship and a playoff winner.
He deserves credit as well :)
Bobby was awesome though,but he was with us in the bottom two divisions remember :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I doubt we'd pay Zamora more than we paid CMS and I know who I'd prefer even if it's only for half the games. BZ is class, the fact that he's old and a bit knackered is irrelevant to me. We are not going to find a pacey young 20 goal a season youngster because other clubs will pay far more than us. We are also rans in this division when it comes to being attractive to up and coming strikers. I would enjoy watching the silky skills of BZ just like I did of Vicente who was also a sick note.

BZ would entertain me, for that reason alone I am in, sign him up!!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
my main point about BZ is while he is a legend to us at 34 do we want to be paying £10000 pw + to a player who's best days are behind him?

wouldnt it be better to try for a player that has longevity ( no why ive spelt that right) for the same money

Yes, quite. Upson and Bridge did nothing for us did they?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Why would I want a club legend back who was playing for England a few years ago.... Ofcourse I want him back, the feel good factor would be immense, let alone the extra 2,000 fans that would probably by season tickets, it would also be a signing of intent and maybe convince other players we are serious about doing well, Zamora has played in the top flight for 10 years now, his experience and ability to hold the ball up would be epic even for 30 games a season, I bloody love this man, bring him back

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Wrong - 4 trophies in 12 years at Withdean, tripling our amount of all time league trophies - Bobby Z was the key part of that era, without him none of it would have happened.

Worth noting Sir Albion never visited the Withdean, only natural he wouldn't share the love for Bobby or the sense of achievement from trophies/titles gained.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Folks the Op is a Grade A BS merchant. Please put him on ignore.
1 You can still read his posts anyway
2 It will remind you.when he posts another made up load of nonsense again next summer.
Zamora In yessssss

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That's bollocks
The real success is higher than the bottom two divisions I can assure you :)

Couldn't disagree more. That's exactly the premiershite fan bollocks I'd expect a plastic to come out with. Bristol City's League 1 success (like ours 4 or 5 yrs ago) is a much much bigger achievement in football than Abramivic buying the premier ****ing league :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Folks the Op is a Grade A BS merchant. Please put him on ignore.
1 You can still read his posts anyway
2 It will remind you.when he posts another made up load of nonsense again next summer.
Zamora In yessssss

It's weird how this has made so any pages considering there was another long perfectly good BZ thread going. Although Tbf most have ignored the attention seeking opening post. Amazing how this story appeared on Twitter as 'my work mates brother works at the training ground' on the same day this thread appeared... Of course it wouldn't be if it was true... But...

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
It's weird how this has made so any pages considering there was another long perfectly good BZ thread going. Although Tbf most have ignored the attention seeking opening post. Amazing how this story appeared on Twitter as 'my work mates brother works at the training ground' on the same day this thread appeared... Of course it wouldn't be if it was true... But...

yeh.. he couldve at least periscoped it eh sheebs!! grin

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here