Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I dont understand.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Thats cause your too stupid to realise that their wages will be very different.

Baldock + COG for one Glen Murray is a price I would certainly have paid. Shame though considering we could have kept,him all along for a few hundred extra grand. And your comment would be palatable if we weren't about £10m in the black on our transfer dealings over the last 12 months.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I did SCOFF at those that suggested this squad was anything close to ulloa, bridcutt, bridge, buckley, vicente etc. No where ****in near.

Don't forget Upson and PIG - along with Bridge we had 3 players who had been in premier league winning squads. And Ulloa's start to the season has shown what a good player he really was - despite what a lot of resident experts would have had us believe.

The truth is I think most of us suspected this is a "consolidation" season - bed in the new manager/system after a turbulent couple of close seasons, reduce the wage bill and go from there. As ever with NSC we went from a relegation squad to world beaters with a few late signings in the transfer window when the truth is we're likely to finish mid table without seriously threatening to get involved at either end of the league. I'd just hope we have a good second half of the season with a view to building momentum for next year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't forget Upson and PIG - along with Bridge we had 3 players who had been in premier league winning squads. And Ulloa's start to the season has shown what a good player he really was - despite what a lot of resident experts would have had us believe.

The truth is I think most of us suspected this is a "consolidation" season - bed in the new manager/system after a turbulent couple of close seasons, reduce the wage bill and go from there. As ever with NSC we went from a relegation squad to world beaters with a few late signings in the transfer window when the truth is we're likely to finish mid table without seriously threatening to get involved at either end of the league. I'd just hope we have a good second half of the season with a view to building momentum for next year.

Damn you and your common sense post. Probably correct, and I'm ok with that as a plan......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here