Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm Team CMS - and proud of it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Burnley have scored one goal this season...

Remind me - what division are they in again?

I don't think anyone's arguing that Barnes is a 20 goal a year man at Champ level (though we don't know, he never really got a decent run up front.) Just that he's a better player than CMS.

Remeber Barnes has an excellent track record in L1 at a much younger age than CMS and is also more versatile.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Remind me - what division are they in again?

I don't think anyone's arguing that Barnes is a 20 goal a year man at Champ level (though we don't know, he never really got a decent run up front.)

He was played in a deeper role and you're not comparing like with like admittedly but his goal tally for Albion/ Burnley from c40 appearances in the Champ in each of the last 3 seasons was 11, 8 and 11. He scored 18 for us in the L1 Champ season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Withe the service we are providing Barnes would be on about six goals already I reckon.

As it stands not scored for ****ing ages in the league.

And two of CMS goals have been against lower league teams!!!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm fully prepared for Team CMS to be a mirage.

I'd just like the Albion to travel the extra 30 yards forward, to find out.
I think/hope that day is dawning.

Couldn't say we didn't travel the extra 30 yards forward last night. Lots of support, 2 through balls he seemed to take an eternity to decide what to do and barely got a shot off with either, lots of goal action - he looked a mirage of his former self.

In his first season here, that would have been a brace for him in a match like that. So wanted him to just kick start his season (as well as score obviously)……the shopping trolley sticking out of your pond started to look very real last night...:(

D

Deleted member 22389

Love CMS and will never fault his commitment, ever. I keep sticking with CMS, hoping he will show the sort of form he did at Peterborough, but it's not happening.
Three managers now and nobody can get the best out of him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Couldn't say we didn't travel the extra 30 yards forward last night. Lots of support, 2 through balls he seemed to take an eternity to decide what to do and barely got a shot off with either, lots of goal action - he looked a mirage of his former self.

In his first season here, that would have been a brace for him in a match like that. So wanted him to just kick start his season (as well as score obviously)……the shopping trolley sticking out of your pond started to look very real last night...:(
I bit of a mixed bag last night, what CMS did well he did very well, lots of good link up play etc, but when it went wrong it was very wrong, he definitely could have done better with the 2 through balls.

Had he played the full 90 and not scored I'd be scratching at the floor with my foot while whistling and looking around.

I wonder if everybody else having a dig, JFC, Bennett, Kaz, Gardener (how many shots each did they have) is indicative of a lack of confidence with (as it was tonight) CMS.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Very much this. I thought he was his usual underwhelming self yesterday. His inability to quickly control an awkward ball is killing him at this level, never mind the fact that he wastes chances when he's running at goal, by getting the ball stuck under his feet.

Obviously I wouldn't have wished an injury on him, but it could be a blessing for team that he's not available.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I think they have got the best out of him-unfortunately his best just isn't quite good enough at Championship level. He has scored some very good goals for us but he could have had a lot more if he spent more time in positions where our 'main striker' should be. He has games/moments where we all think he looks like the player we thought he was when he was bought but it never lasts. Nobody can fault him for his effort and commitment but we need more than that.

If Peterborough don't get promoted this season I'd expect to see him go back there and score loads for them because it looks like L1 is his level. No shame in that-I wish I could have played at that level.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Love CMS and will never fault his commitment, ever. I keep sticking with CMS, hoping he will show the sort of form he did at Peterborough, but it's not happening.

And you still fail to see what it tells you........

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Orrrrr he's just not very good?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very much this. I thought he was his usual underwhelming self yesterday. His inability to quickly control an awkward ball is killing him at this level, never mind the fact that he wastes chances when he's running at goal, by getting the ball stuck under his feet.

Obviously I wouldn't have wished an injury on him, but it could be a blessing for team that he's not available.

I know he didn't CHOOSE to cost that much, but I don't understand how a £3.5m player CANT control the ball.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
The one thing he did have going for him was his pace and constant running, looks like he has (understandably) lost a bit of pace since his injury. Result: He is not a Championship player any longer (if he ever was)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I bit of a mixed bag last night, what CMS did well he did very well, lots of good link up play etc, but when it went wrong it was very wrong, he definitely could have done better with the 2 through balls.

Had he played the full 90 and not scored I'd be scratching at the floor with my foot while whistling and looking around.

I wonder if everybody else having a dig, JFC, Bennett, Kaz, Gardener (how many shots each did they have) is indicative of a lack of confidence with (as it was tonight) CMS.
Be honest, do you think CMS would have scored if he'd played the full 90?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I know he didn't CHOOSE to cost that much, but I don't understand how a £3.5m player CANT control the ball.

I don't think in League One he actually HAD to control the ball very much, he just had to run onto through balls and hit them towards goal. Sadly though, that game is never going to work at this level, defenders are way too smart to let it happen.

D

Deleted member 22389

Looking at your replies, your right he is just not up to Championship standard. I like to think the best of CMS but it has never happened for us and never will now.
I'm not in the least bothered he is going to miss some games now, it might actually work in our favour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here