Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday Night Boxing - Eubank Jr Vs Blackwell

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I think its just precautionary, but been taken out of the ring in a stretcher probably means he wont be in the ring for a long while, if again.

This fight should have been stopped about 3 rounds earlier.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I really enjoyed the fight, it will be interesting to see how far CEJ can go, but he left himself far too exposed and a better opponent would have punished him. Shades of his father in the bruising body shots despatched.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Great fight, Blackwell one tough cookie. Eubank looks world class.

I must be one of the few not to be impressed by Eubank tonight. A world class boxer would have finished him earlier. Kept tiring himself out by going hell for leather for the first 90 seconds and then letting him off the hook by cruising for the second half of the round to recover. Didn't seem to have the power to finish by KO and looked a tit by showboating and nearly getting his arse knocked out by being too cocky

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
all of cej's victories look like hard work. I like him as a fighter but he seems to lack the power to knock opponents out which will no doubt count against him at elite level

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I must be one of the few not to be impressed by Eubank tonight. A world class boxer would have finished him earlier. Kept tiring himself out by going hell for leather for the first 90 seconds and then letting him off the hook by cruising for the second half of the round to recover. Didn't seem to have the power to finish by KO and looked a tit by showboating and nearly getting his arse knocked out by being too cocky

Partially agree tbh.

Outpunched himself on a few occassions as you've said. Someone like Saunders would have taken advantage of that and potentially done damage to a tired Jr.

He didn't show any improvement tonight since the Spike O'Sullivan fight.
Potentially no real trainer in the corner may have caused issues. He obviously can't stand his Dad a lot of the time.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Hope Blackwell is ok, tone doesn't sound great. Let's hope it is all precautionary.

Don't like it when someone seems fine but then deteriorates well after the fight has finished.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
all of cej's victories look like hard work. I like him as a fighter but he seems to lack the power to knock opponents out which will no doubt count against him at elite level

Not sure I agree with this Nick Blackwell is a tough fighter, Eubanks just stopped him and he's now on his way to hospital. For me the reason he doesn't make the victories look easy is he loves to fight rather than box, he can't help himself but get involved in a brawl. Fortunately for him he seems to have his old mans chin.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
World Champion Billy Joe could only beat Blackwell on points.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
World Champion Billy Joe could only beat Blackwell on points.

That may be but still don't think CEJ has that killer instinct and would prefer to showboat rather than get the job done. You can be cocky when the man is down or when you have won something. Just doesn't have the mindset to be a world champion for me. I may well be proved wrong but it's just my gut feeling.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ref only kept it going because of his stubbornness towards Eubank snr.

I didn't enjoy the final 2/3 rds. How many of those upper cuts did Blackwell take?

I know what you mean. As brave as the man is, you just can't let yourself get hit like that. I'd be surprised if he boxed again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here