Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's best 'thing' you've purchased for your home ....

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Tough choice, I have a few things that I love.
I think closest to my heart would be my collection of Star Wars autographs. So far I have Dave Prowse (Darth Vader), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Daisy Ridley (Rey), John Boyega (Finn), Ewan McGregor (Obi-wan Kenobi), Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett), Ian McDiarmid (Darth Sidious), Ray Park (Darth Maul) and Adam Driver (Kylo Ren).

Lush

Mods' Pet
I had a very nice Bose Sounddock that went obsolete when Apple upgraded the iPhone and connector.

Last year, I bought a DockBoss Air which plugs into any pre iPhone 5 dock and you can bluetooth music from your latest iPhone. For the princely sum of £12.50 I have fully working Bose speakers again. I love a workaround.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A wood burner. It's really not a great way to heat a modern house but I love collecting wood, chopping, building the log store etc. and it is great in the winter months. Adds a heart to the house.

Kitting out the garage with tools and benches was good though I didn't buy that stuff an uncle who got too old for it all gave me the whole kit and caboodle. Every tool and power tool one could imagine. Including the best vice clamp I've ever used . I used to bang on about it so much I got my nick name.

Other than that, a turbo trainer thing for the push bike. I'm not that into music (R4 man) and a normal telly does for me so no fancy stereo kit round at the The Clamps.

Those showers sound nice though.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I wanted an american style fridge with icemaker and that. I even put a pipe in for one when I did the kitchen.
I trooped off to Currys last year and found one I liked. I said to the woman "I'd like one of them please". She said "how many steps up to your kitchen ?" which I thought was odd. Counting in my head I said " 3 at the front then 7 up to the kitchen from the landing". "Sorry", she says, "Our deliver people will only go up two steps. Health and safety you see".
So I went off looking elsewhere but it seems loads of places employ schoolgirls to deliver heavy stuff.
I did find a local shop that said they'd deliver one, even with stairs, but they said "We've only got one in stock, have a look on the internet then come back and we'll see if we can get it".
Gave up in the end.

Got ours from a.o. Com, don't have steps or stairs on the ground floor so no problems, I did remove the kitchen door before the delivery came.
Two solid looking blokes delivered the fridge/ freezer and they even had a cordless screwdriver to remove the front door handle.

Also recently used QDA in Peacehaven for a new dishwasher, very good service and no delivery problems.
They didn't have the type of fridge/ freezer we wanted in QDA that's why we used a.o.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I've recently bought one and only used it twice so far, I'm impressed. Looking for some decent briquettes, but as the stores/garden centers etc. are starting to believe that summer is over, they are becoming harder to source.

I buy the Weber briquettes. Not sure where you live, but I get mine from either Mayberry's in Portslade or South Downs Nurseries at Hassocks.

They are more expensive than the supermarket ones, but at about £11 for a big bag, they do last a while.

image.jpegimage.jpegWood burning stove and rescue lurcher. A classic combo.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
I buy the Weber briquettes. Not sure where you live, but I get mine from either Mayberry's in Portslade or South Downs Nurseries at Hassocks.

They are more expensive than the supermarket ones, but at about £11 for a big bag, they do last a while.

Thanks,

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I use the Weber briquettes too and much better than normal ones. Worth paying for, they go a long way too so evens out vs price of cheaper ones. Have a look online, you can usually find them priced competitively even with shipping costs

Jul 7, 2003

Jul 7, 2003
I wanted an american style fridge with icemaker and that. I even put a pipe in for one when I did the kitchen.
I trooped off to Currys last year and found one I liked. I said to the woman "I'd like one of them please". She said "how many steps up to your kitchen ?" which I thought was odd. Counting in my head I said " 3 at the front then 7 up to the kitchen from the landing". "Sorry", she says, "Our deliver people will only go up two steps. Health and safety you see".
So I went off looking elsewhere but it seems loads of places employ schoolgirls to deliver heavy stuff.
I did find a local shop that said they'd deliver one, even with stairs, but they said "We've only got one in stock, have a look on the internet then come back and we'll see if we can get it".
Gave up in the end.

Try Carters. They have a few shops across Sussex or you can look at cartersdirect.co.uk

Competitive pricing and very helpful delivery people.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I just bought this shelf unit from IKEA to store my football shirts in. Reckon I'll fill all the shelves by the time I finish organising them

6b16e1146370e8d4bf8ff51cc57c105c.jpg

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
A loft conversion with 2 dormers & rooms. Turned my 3 bed 1 bath house into 4 bed 2 bathroom with master bedroom & built in wardrobes - much better, no queues for bathroom / not sharing with kids & have personal space on a different floor from them

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
At the moment I'd have to say my fan.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Toaster

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here