Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
No matey. If you are going to post opinions, try not to make them contradictory. Or just don't post...your choice.

Tell me what I said that was untrue, actually don't bother. The older I get the less patience for nonsense I have.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
We are on a very bad run, luckily Brighton have never had to endure that. It's all rosy down there at the moment, those that laugh last......

Some teams can go up with 72 points. We might finish this season with 91 points and still be in the Championship next season.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Hughton is a good, honourable man. He's almost the anti-Pardew.

Finishing ahead of three of Burnley, Derby, Hull and Middlesbrough was always going to be difficult for anyone, and it may ultimately prove beyond us. Maybe we'll get a lucky break in the play-offs instead this time. Maybe we'll get to the play-offs, lose again and you lot will be laughing all Summer long.

One aspect of promotion to the Premier League that makes me slightly uncomfortable is how some of our players won't be able to step up. You see it at many clubs, and I guess it's just part of football evolution. Those who gave their all to help propel a club to the dizzying heights of the Premier League are replaced by others deemed more up to the task.

Should we make that jump up, I hope that as a club and fans we remain dignified towards those players.

Surely though the obvious message of this season (all of the promoted clubs are staying up) and of recent Premiership seasons (QPR etc.) is that sides who basically keep their promotion squad together and just try to add a few "premiership-level" talents in key positions, will have a far better chance than sides who buy big. A team like Leicester is far bigger than its individual talents.

All promoted sides have to jettison some players, in Palace's case famously in 1989 after the 9-0 humiliation we had to dump our keeper for Nigel Martyn. You will (if promoted) have to look at players like Bruno, Lualua and others in that light.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Says a Palace fan claiming they're a top ten side. Go on admit it, you love all this nonsense, trouble is you're just not very good at it.

Basically if Aston Villa or Newcastle go through the Championship and into Div. 1 next season Palace WILL be a Top Ten club; only Villa and Ipswich have been longer in the Top Ten list of "longest stay in the top two tiers" and have been in the third level at any time, The other 8 clubs (Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Man U, Liverpool, Everton, and Newcastle) have never been in the third tier.

Palace are 11th in the list, we got out of Div.3 in 1977 and have never been back.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Basically if Aston Villa or Newcastle go through the Championship and into Div. 1 next season Palace WILL be a Top Ten club; only Villa and Ipswich have been longer in the Top Ten list of "longest stay in the top two tiers" and have been in the third level at any time, The other 8 clubs (Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Man U, Liverpool, Everton, and Newcastle) have never been in the third tier.

Palace are 11th in the list, we got out of Div.3 in 1977 and have never been back.
With a bit of cheating to make sure

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

You utter prune. More contorted logic to prove they are a top ten side. If you are going to measure a club by longevity at the top then you go by how long in the top flight - it's what everyone does. What kind of moron judges what constitutes a top 10 football club by measuring how good they are in the top 2 tiers and even then caveats it with projections that Newcastle and Villa get relegated to League 1? Oh yeah! Palace fans!

Let's go by how long you've been in the top flight - like most normal fans: You come in at 42nd below Luton, Preston, Bury, Notts County et al

http://www.theguardian.com/football/datablog/2013/apr/17/football-league-125-years

42nd. Forty second. That's 32 away from the top 10. You silly, silly sausage.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
With a bit of cheating to make sure

Word.

It still boggles the mind that they managed to cheat their way to THREE TIMES the amount of pens awarded for than anyone else in the season they went up. They might say that Glen Murray and Winifred Zaha were just too wily for the clod hopping defenders of our division. Or you might say they could teach Tom Daly a thing or two.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You utter prune. More contorted logic to prove they are a top ten side. If you are going to measure a club by longevity at the top then you go by how long in the top flight - it's what everyone does. What kind of moron judges what constitutes a top 10 football club by measuring how good they are in the top 2 tiers but caveats it with projections that Newcastle and Villa get relegated to League 1? Oh yeah! Palace fans!

Let's go by how long you've been in the top flight - like most normal fans: You come in at 42nd below Luton, Preston, Bury, Notts County et al

http://www.theguardian.com/football/datablog/2013/apr/17/football-league-125-years

42nd. Forty second. That's 32 away from the top 10. You silly, silly sausage.

To be fair he is probably of the "when football was invented" circa 1992 by Sky and the Premier League.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
To be fair he is probably of the "when football was invented" circa 1992 by Sky and the Premier League.

To be even fairer perhaps he is a shit for brains retarded palace cockjuggler.

CPFC2010 have only been around since, er, 2010.

How does that work?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
To be fair to Palace, if we can use a crippling injury list as mitigation then so can they.

I would say that injuries have cost the two clubs ten points each.

The loss of ten points has cost Palace an upper-mid-table finish. It might yet cost us promotion.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
We had 2 Palace fans with us for the Fulham game and they were gobsmacked at how good we were, quoting that we would beat Palace quite easily the way we played that night. Also commented that out stadium and atmosphere was amazing, and they could not believe how good Bruno is. After the game they were talking about Palace and they confirmed that they over achieved early doors, but not as bad now as some think and not getting the breaks. Interesting enough they thought that Cabeye is just taking his salary now and putting no effort in. They all think that the Adeybeyor signing was one of desperation and the jury is out on Pardew, but a Wembley final date and all will be rosy. His last comment was he was worried that will overtake them as they have been concentrating on the playing side and forgetting the other important things in football like infrastructure. etc. and shock horror they were nice guys.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
We had 2 Palace fans with us for the Fulham game and they were gobsmacked at how good we were, quoting that we would beat Palace quite easily the way we played that night. Also commented that out stadium and atmosphere was amazing, and they could not believe how good Bruno is. After the game they were talking about Palace and they confirmed that they over achieved early doors, but not as bad now as some think and not getting the breaks. Interesting enough they thought that Cabeye is just taking his salary now and putting no effort in. They all think that the Adeybeyor signing was one of desperation and the jury is out on Pardew, but a Wembley final date and all will be rosy. His last comment was he was worried that will overtake them as they have been concentrating on the playing side and forgetting the other important things in football like infrastructure. etc. and shock horror they were nice guys.

Palace, being palace, will probably fluke and cheat their way to winning the FA cup. Then we'll have a lifetime of them crapping on about it.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
To be fair, I don't mind if they do. I want to concentrate on us to be fair and happy for their fans if they win it, as apart from some of the sad ones that spend their life on here, trying to justify their existence as they don't seem to have a life, most Palace fans I know and meet are in the main great guys and just love their team, so happy if they win the cup and I know if we go up I will get a few texts from Palace fans wishing us luck, as supporting a different team for normal people is not actually a crime?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Yep. Because they have made a deal with he devil.

They certainly seem to ave in relation to crunch matches with us.

Normal league game. Easy romp to the St. Patricks Day massacre then they shit all over our parade in the playoffs. I will hate Winifred Zaha until my dying day. Whoever thought of swapping him from attacking Wayne on the left to Inigo on the right wants shooting too.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Well you lot have spent a lifetime about Smith "crapping off" scoring...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hey, don't be down. If you don't win then just invent some hair-brained system that involves adding up all the times you got beaten by a side who did go on to win it (excluding Newcastle, Villa, Arsenal, PNE, Corinthians and Royal Engineers) to prove that you are the most successful cup side EVER.

And then come onto your rival's forum and boast about that. Honestly, you won't look like a sad sack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here