Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Grid girls scrapped from F1 races..

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I'm not particularly bothered either way about the grid girls being scrapped however I do find it rather amusing that F1 doesn't consider having grid girls doesn't align with their "brand values and clearly is at odds with modern day societal norms" and yet they are quite happy to host events in countries such as Bahrain, Russia and China, all of whom have varying degrees of abysmal human rights records, huge amounts of fraud and little to no democracy. Funny how money smooths over such things eh?!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
soon the only place we'll see a lady earning on their looks will be in the strip club.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
It wouldn't happen in Trump's America. What would the NFL be without Cheerleaders (apart from the boring Steelers)? Let's face it, something needs to pass the time when VAR is in use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIfbghHdG1s

No body made these cheerleaders do this video, and they have only had nearly 25m viewers.

After posting this video, the Snowflakes have disaperaed. Whera are you?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It wouldn't happen in Trump's America. What would the NFL be without Cheerleaders (apart from the boring Steelers)? Let's face it, something needs to pass the time when VAR is in use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIfbghHdG1s
Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.................

Errmmm......sorry.....is that not allowed.......?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
My husband is an engineer. He recently updated his skills by qualifying in electronic engineering. He said the females on the course were the best engineers he had studied with.
Why aren't the girls wanting to be mechanics, engineers etc?

The number of women working in F1 is growing which is good. There's also Claire Williams running the Williams team and Monisha Kaltenborn was running things at Sauber until last June. It's a step in the right direction:thumbsup:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
My husband is an engineer. He recently updated his skills by qualifying in electronic engineering. He said the females on the course were the best engineers he had studied with.
Why aren't the girls wanting to be mechanics, engineers etc?

I have been in a fair few discussions about this with our local university. They are finding as this report suggests that fewer girlks are choosing Science and Maths subjects, especially Physical Science and Engineering areas.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-...ience-and-maths-studies,-report-finds/6286362

The university have been targeting high school students in a bid to get more girls into the sciences and engineering. The chap i have been working with thinks that by then the ship has sailed to some degree and his idea was to target primary schools. Time will only tell if this as been successful, actually it won't because who know what it was that made people make their life decisions. I suspect that the type of role models people have is a big influence on peoples life decisions so perhaps this decision will mean that younger girls see themselves as active participants in sports rather than eye candy for men to enjoy.

To me this is a small step in the right direction but we have a long way to go yet.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Loving the outrage on behalf of the pit girls from those always complaining about people being outraged on behalf of others.

F1 has taken this decision because:

"While the practice of employing grid girls has been a staple of Formula 1 grands prix for decades, we feel this custom does not resonate with our brand values and clearly is at odds with modern day societal norms," Bratches added.

"We don't believe the practice is appropriate or relevant to Formula 1 and its fans, old and new, across the world."

I haven't heard or seen any demonstrations or petitions from the PC Brigade, in fact the only people getting offended and outraged (on other peoples behalf) seem to be complaining about the decision rather than the girls.

Shhhhh it was the BLOODY snowflakes that BANNED them!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Maybe if those gold diggers grew up with stronger female role models (perhaps we could get some women in the cars driving???) then some of them would have the inner belief that women can do stuff using their brains instead of their bodies. This may make them more independent and not need to be gold diggers. Stronger female role models relying on more than their looks certainly can't hurt with the gold digger problem.

You do realise these "stronger female role models" are the worst kind of gold diggers? These women don't want any part of a broke man. If the guy isn't earning more them they don't want to know about him.

A female Uni Professor from a Uni in Melbourne did research on why there are so many single women in their 40's these days. Her conclusion was they only want to "pair up" which means they won't even consider men who don't earn as much as them and given how many of them make really good money there's very few men left who can meet that criteria.

What outstanding role models they are for young girls.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You do realise these "stronger female role models" are the worst kind of gold diggers? These women don't want any part of a broke man. If the guy isn't earning more them they don't want to know about him.

A female Uni Professor from a Uni in Melbourne did research on why there are so many single women in their 40's these days. Her conclusion was they only want to "pair up" which means they won't even consider men who don't earn as much as them and given how many of them make really good money there's very few men left who can meet that criteria.

What outstanding role models they are for young girls.
Sounds like poor rule models to me. I agree our girls deserve better.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I can't get too worked up over this. If a driver was gay he could have a pit boy (perhaps man is better) & if female could have a pit guy.

I will miss seeing them but i actually watch it for the motor racing so it won't change my enjoyment

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Shhhhh it was the BLOODY snowflakes that BANNED them!

In response to

Quote Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
Loving the outrage on behalf of the pit girls from those always complaining about people being outraged on behalf of others.

"While the practice of employing grid girls has been a staple of Formula 1 grands prix for decades, we feel this custom does not resonate with our brand values and clearly is at odds with modern day societal norms," Bratches added.

"We don't believe the practice is appropriate or relevant to Formula 1 and its fans, old and new, across the world."

I haven't heard or seen any demonstrations or petitions from the PC Brigade, in fact the only people getting offended and outraged (on other peoples behalf) seem to be complaining about the decision rather than the girls.

Sorry I could not find original post from badfish....

I am not outraged or offended, we are debating a decision made by F1 and all have a point of view to contribute.

They made a decision for future based on protecting their brand from negative press based on a potential future incident. It is my view that we hold to account a man who treats women badly, rather than remove temptation and alter a sporting tradition for everyone.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Nobody banned them. The powers that be in F1 decided not to employ them any more.

My favourite comments are when people say these girls are now unemployed as if they have a big red circle on their calendar for the Grand Prix date as the one day a year they work. :ffsparr:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Good riddance I say ....

grid.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
In response to

Quote Originally Posted by BadFish View Post

Sorry I could not find original post from badfish....

I am not outraged or offended, we are debating a decision made by F1 and all have a point of view to contribute.

They made a decision for future based on protecting their brand from negative press based on a potential future incident. It is my view that we hold to account a man who treats women badly, rather than remove temptation and alter a sporting tradition for everyone.

None of us are outraged or offended but for some reason these kinds of threads are littered with posts suggesting that anyone who disagrees is ..... not to mention 'a snowflake'. My post was facetious I know but it was aimed at the posters who go straight for the discussion strangling "PC brigade, permanently offended et al rather than posters like your good self who obviously want to discuss things rationally.

They have made their decision and given their reasons for it and i am happy with their explanation. As I have stated in other posts I applaud them for taking what i hope will be a step towards more women being involved in the sport, sport in general and other places where women can use their brains and skills if they choose. This will, I believe give our girls growing up a wider range of role models and options in their lives. If they then choose to get paid for the beauty and sexual attraction then so be it, at least they knew they had options.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Too much Oestrogen in our tap water supply. The whole male species is turning into women.

Man bags.
Products.
Face fluff.
Designer beer.
Facebook.

We’ve had it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This will, I believe give our girls growing up a wider range of role models and options in their lives. If they then choose to get paid for the beauty and sexual attraction then so be it, at least they knew they had options.

lets face it mate .......they don't all have that option , it's amazing the shit that goes on on twitter , snapchat , private fb groups .....the list is endless , whilst meanwhile the mainstream removes any scent of female sexuality for the sake of it's public image........hypocrisy on a gargantuan scale imho...!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
lets face it mate .......they don't all have that option , it's amazing the shit that goes on on twitter , snapchat , private fb groups .....the list is endless , whilst meanwhile the mainstream removes any scent of female sexuality for the sake of it's public image........hypocrisy on a gargantuan scale imho...!

show us yer wabbs btw....x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here