Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eight and a half hour round journey - £100+ quid in expenses.......

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You missed the sarcasm Sheldon.

Football isn't a guarantee of good performances and entertaining football. I'm sure the social side of it made up for the point away.

I said a couple of weeks ago that I'm not good with sarcasm. It goes straight over my head.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Without any real pace in the team yet again.

I'm at a loss yet again to explain why the tactic seems to be to hold in games until the 60-70th minute and then start attacking with purpose.

It's crazy. Why not go for it from the start?

Only thing to put a smile on my face today was how great CMS looked. If he'd played the whole second half we may have won. Calders also played well to be fair.

Because we don't have any pace?

We've got so much money tied up in injured/serial injured players - LuaLua, Buckley, CMS, Hoskins. We don't have any other avenues. Not forgetting our other outlets for goals, Orlandi and Crofts.

Pacy and gifted players are expensive and we, seemingly, don't have the means to replace them.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
As said, huge respect for going.
But if the effort, expense, and goodwill was going to come at a price you couldn't swallow without crying on here.

Why go?

You couldn't have seen something v Ipswich, 'boro, Wednesday :lol: or Blackburn, that would make you think today wasn't going to be any different.

Here's the reason: maybe, just maybe we would start to play like we sometimes have - i.e., like football should be played.

Alas, it was anything but that.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
As said, huge respect for going.
But if the effort, expense, and goodwill was going to come at a price you couldn't swallow without crying on here.

Why go?

You couldn't have seen something v Ipswich, 'boro, Wednesday :lol: or Blackburn, that would make you think today wasn't going to be any different.

To be fair to the OP, I think he has earned the right to post his thoughts of today on here! He isn't asking for anything in return for his support and several hours of driving except a team and manager willing to put in a performance for him. You can't go to away games and moan when you lose or draw but you can expect the team to put some effort in and look like they want to try and win the game!

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair to the OP, I think he has earned the right to post his thoughts of today on here! He isn't asking for anything in return for his support and several hours of driving except a team and manager willing to put in a performance for him. You can't go to away games and moan when you lose or draw but you can expect the team to put some effort in and look like they want to try and win the game!
Post away, the OP can slate the team all he wants, he went I didn't, as you say he's earned that right.
But don't moan about the hardship of going when you didn't have to in the first place.

I have been going 30 miles cross county to see a team devoid of effort, unlikely to win.
Why should today have been any different?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Post away, the OP can slate the team all he wants, he went I didn't, as you say he's earned that right.
But don't moan about the hardship of going when you didn't have to in the first place.

I have been going 30 miles cross county to see a team devoid of effort, unlikely to win.
Why should today have been any different?

I live in Kent btw - so every home match is a 4 hour hour round journey. So hey, 8 hours,
4 hours, what's the difference eh.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I live in Kent btw - so every home match is a 4 hour hour round journey. So hey, 8 hours,
4 hours, what's the difference eh.

I wouldn't bother about the fella tbh, we can all claim where we come from for home games. Your original post was fair and earned!! Seems to me that Stat bloke isn't really worth taking too seriously!

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
Because we don't have any pace?

We've got so much money tied up in injured/serial injured players - LuaLua, Buckley, CMS, Hoskins. We don't have any other avenues. Not forgetting our other outlets for goals, Orlandi and Crofts.

Pacy and gifted players are expensive and we, seemingly, don't have the means to replace them.
?
Are you seriously going to carry on making excuses for Garcia? Of course its the injuries, its the budget, its the other teams fault for parking the bus blah blah blah.. well actually its Garcia's fault He is in charge.I have had Enough of this bullshit from this spanish moron. the problem we have Garcia is so obvious for everyone to see its scary (and we aren't even "professional" experts. The problem is the dullard, get everyone behind the ball, pass it sideways and leave anyone remotly attacking nowhere near the team. ... Lua lua isn't injured, he played in central midfield today, last week buckley goes off, we have 2 wingers on the bench, on trots a holding midfielder.. That was just about the last straw for me, today finally i gave up trying to see anything remotley positvie bout this idiot. But hey, if your content watching this dull fest week in week out then carry on supporting him,

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003

Totally spot on, I demand the players put in an effort, if we get beat then so be it, however at the moment it seems like they are totally incapable of doing this, and whats worse is the manager comes out and says he can't ask for anymore... Unbelievable.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's like 11 people thrown together just before kick off who don't know each other and haven't got a clue what they should be doing. I do wonder what happens during the week on the training ground. Seems like our new base could be wasted on the first team!!

I see your point especially when we had a very similar free kick scenario to the Amex last week towards the end when there were four or five players taking ages to decide what was going to happen.

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
And what about Spanish Rodney walking the width of the pitch at snail's pace when substituted as if we were playing for a draw. That really upset me.

D

Deleted member 22389

I honestly hate the way we play now. The system is stupid. All I want is a traditional 4-4-2 and to stop bringing the subs on too late. We have got a really good team, one that should easily be in the top 6 this season. Every single time this season where we had the chance to get in the top 6 we blow it. I reckon we have missed out on about 18 points this season. I don't know what we are spending on wages but I bet it is a lot more than other clubs in this division. Either the players are no longer interested, or the players simply don't know what to do because of the style that we play. I hope next season does not turn out the same. Where's the ****ing passion. Calderon he might not be as skillful as a lot of the other players but here is one player that gives his all to this club.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldn't bother about the fella tbh, we can all claim where we come from for home games. Your original post was fair and earned!! Seems to me that Stat bloke isn't really worth taking too seriously!
I guess I missed a crucial 'only' out of my 30 miles bit.
My point still stands though, giving the team a good kicking because you wasted time money and stuff.
But not the fact that you wasted time, money etc, because nobody forced you to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here