Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Tomer HEMED our best EVER penalty taker?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I have never been convinced by his penalties and thought that it will only need a goalie to guess correctly to save it.

I thought the reason he pauses just before striking it was to wait for the goalie to move. If the goalie doesn't move, TH just chooses a corner.

If a penalty taker masters this technique (TH didn't do all of this yesterday), it is unstoppable.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I didn't think the penalty was too bad. Wasn't the best but not the worst. I would rather he got that miss out of the way when it didn't really matter. And if I am honest, I wasn't even sure if it was a penalty.

I hope Tomer continues to take them. We can't go shooting ourselves in the foot by shooting our own strikers confidences to bits at the sign of one missed penalty that really did not matter

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Gotta love NSC.

Tomer is one of, if not the best, penalty taker in Europe but because the NSC brainstrust doesn't like how he kicks the ball he must be replaced by the bloke who kicks the ball hard.

The flat earth society should trawl here for new members.

This....

I thought the reason he pauses just before striking it was to wait for the goalie to move. If the goalie doesn't move, TH just chooses a corner.

If a penalty taker masters this technique (TH didn't do all of this yesterday), it is unstoppable.

...and this....

I didn't think the penalty was too bad. Wasn't the best but not the worst. I would rather he got that miss out of the way when it didn't really matter. And if I am honest, I wasn't even sure if it was a penalty.

I hope Tomer continues to take them. We can't go shooting ourselves in the foot by shooting our own strikers confidences to bits at the sign of one missed penalty that really did not matter

...and this

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
His career record now sits at 19 successful out of 21. For Albion it is 9/11. Seems good on both counts This was not his trademark pen, for whatever reason, time or flustered. As others have said, if you're going to miss, do it at 0-2 in injury time. Move on.

Nope two too many missed for my liking. Imagine he had scored at wolves three points instead of one = promoted.
If we miss promotion this year by one goal i know where im going to lay the blame

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Gotta love NSC.

Tomer is one of, if not the best, penalty taker in Europe but because the NSC brainstrust doesn't like how he kicks the ball he must be replaced by the bloke who kicks the ball hard.

The flat earth society should trawl here for new members.

Against Championship keepers. How would he fare against Premiership standard eh? The higher the level, the better the keeper performs.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Yeah, completely forgotten. [emoji849] Maybe he rushed because he was conscious there was virtually no time left ?

How does Tomer's record compare with other penalty takers in the division over the last couple of seasons ? He misses one and everyone is on the 'his penalties are shit' bandwagon.

Never in my time watching football have I ever seen a ref give a penalty and blow for full time before it is taken, so time was not the issue.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Against Championship keepers. How would he fare against Premiership standard eh? The higher the level, the better the keeper performs.
He didn't have a problem scoring penalties in La Liga.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Never in my time watching football have I ever seen a ref give a penalty and blow for full time before it is taken, so time was not the issue.
I've just looked up Rule 14. It states that extra time is allowed to take a penalty, hence why you've never seen that happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here