Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom looking to sell (rumour)

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
If the right offer came in Bloom would sell. Hes a business man. End of thread.

Correction he is a gambler and we all know you cant win them all,signs are he had not anticipated the running costs and has had to cut back, he has given the club an excellent stadium and training facilities so could well attract a buyer.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If the right offer came in Bloom would sell. Hes a business man. End of thread.

A succesful business man would know that sometimes you have to admit you are sitting on a loser. I refer to his business not my football club.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Correction he is a gambler

correction, he's a fan. he didnt come into BHA as either a business proposition or a gamble (though how he handles things will of course be influenced by his abilities in both)

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
When people say he is looking to sell up, what do you mean. Just the football club, or the stadium and training ground aswell? They appear to be 3 different companies.

The interesting thing for me is that in June he became a director of Rays exhibition company Regent exhibitions (there could be an Imex exhibition at the Amex in a few years time). I don't think he would be interested in selling the stadium or the training ground, as I think he could make money out of them (or atleast not loose money). Infact I don't think he would sell the club, but look for investment instead.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I very much doubt the "Oscar didn't want Conway" rumour is true. I have seen nothing on here to back that up as a factual account of the situation.

And I've seen nothing that backs up your opinion either. Still goes with the other 145 posts of largely speculation with a bit of bollocks thrown in for good measure.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
And I've seen nothing that backs up your opinion either. Still goes with the other 145 posts of largely speculation with a bit of bollocks thrown in for good measure.

Firstly, my opinion is that there is no evidence to suggest that Oscar said he didn't want Conway, because he keeps his opions private. He was too classy to sink to the level of blabbering to any old Tom, Dick or Harry.

Secondly, how can anyone back up something that someone was not supposed to have said :mad:

Everyone has an opinion and mine is based on probability.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I very much doubt the "Oscar didn't want Conway" rumour is true. I have seen nothing on here to back that up as a factual account of the situation.

My information is that Oscar sent mixed messages about Conway. He did want him but failed to communicate that clearly enough to the powers that be.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
My information is that Oscar sent mixed messages about Conway. He did want him but failed to communicate that clearly enough to the powers that be.

I find it hard to believe that it is even possible to send a mixed message with a yes or no answer :shrug: The communication thing works both ways so if the club expected him to phone up Burke 3 times a day begging for Conway, it was never going to happen.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Firstly, my opinion is that there is no evidence to suggest that Oscar said he didn't want Conway, because he keeps his opions private. He was too classy to sink to the level of blabbering to any old Tom, Dick or Harry.

Secondly, how can anyone back up something that someone was not supposed to have said :mad:

Everyone has an opinion and mine is based on probability.

Probability with no evidence to back it up. Therefore speculative bollocks.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
What I think we can agree on, and is not speculative to any degree, is that Oscar left because of poor business in the January transfer window.

No we can't because I've never seen Oscar give any reason as to why he left. Therefore, as there is no evidence in the public domain, you are speculating again.

Some definitions for you:
A FACT - Something which can be backed up by other sources e.g printed media, documents, interviews etc.
AN OPINION - Something which resides in somebodies head and is their interpretation of an event without anything to back up their theory.

AN NSC FACT - Somebody with supposed insider knowledge or a Walter Mitty existence who insists what he says is correct - rarely believed by anybody except the very young, the deranged and BensGrandad.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No we can't because I've never seen Oscar give any reason as to why he left. Therefore, as there is no evidence in the public domain, you are speculating again.

Some definitions for you:
A FACT - Something which can be backed up by other sources e.g printed media, documents, interviews etc.
AN OPINION - Something which resides in somebodies head and is their interpretation of an event without anything to back up their theory.

AN NSC FACT - Somebody with supposed insider knowledge or a Walter Mitty existence who insists what he says is correct - rarely believed by anybody except the very young, the deranged and BensGrandad.

I think you will find that it is widely accepted that Oscar left because he lost confidence in our recruitment policy. Unless you want to speculate to another reason?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think you will find that it is widely accepted that Oscar left because he lost confidence in our recruitment policy. Unless you want to speculate to another reason?

wildly, the word you are looking for. i'd speculate he left because he didnt like or couldnt cope with the pressure.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
wildly, the word you are looking for. i'd speculate he left because he didnt like or couldnt cope with the pressure.

Not what I've heard, I heard from a highly reliable, well informed source, that both Poyet and Garcia becames disillusioned with the recruitment process, with final decisions on players being taken by someone other than the manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here