Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Great Escape Intial Line Up Announcement

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I'm gutted that's it's always in the middle of my exam period. Although I managed to sneak into TRAAMS at The Hope last year after the play off semi final against Derby on the Thursday, they were good.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Last year's heavily electronic day (Sunday) was utterly SUPERB.

Trust
Kan Wakan
Thomas Azier
Vimes
Pale Grey
Black City Lights

all in one day. Superb value for money.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
10 years.....Jesus. Where did that time go? Good for them, and for our fair city, they have stuck with it though. As an aside I have started to meet people across Europe who, when I mention Brighton, they mention TGE. All good.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This sounds interesting

"To mark this tenth anniversary, we are excited to be bringing back some very special guests who have all performed iconic and memorable shows in previous years to play alongside 400 of 2015's hottest emerging artists from across the world."

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not many i recognise there, but I know Hudson Taylor & Bear's Den are playing Brighton in a month's time, so I'm hoping they come down.

As my TGE gigs:

Idlewild @ Honey Club
Johnny Foreigner @ Honey Club
Future of The Left @ Ocean Rooms
Twisted Wheel @ Revenge
Wintersleep @ Unitarian Church
Metric @ Honey Club
Cursive @ Ocean Rooms

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Best Great Escape moments include and in no particular order-
Avi Buffalo- Pavillion
Brakes-Sticky Mikes-not called that at the time
The Amazing Snakeheads- Some venue off West Street mid afternoon.
Metronomy- Hector's House? The Klaxons also played that evening
British Sea Power- The Udder Belly ( a gig made famous for the appalling Tiny Dancers playing beforehand and a lack of toilets which due to the venue being packed left pissing in the corner the only choice. Is this where Yan broke his nose too? Memory is failing me)
The Phantom Band-Audio
These New Puritans- Digital ( in front of 10 people max )
These New Puritans- Dome ( in front of over 1000 people)
A polish electro duo- could have been brother and sister- only teenagers- Green Door Store
Abi Wade- Unitarian Church
Future Of The Left- Salis Benny Hall
Plus many many others.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
British Sea Power- The Udder Belly ( a gig made famous for the appalling Tiny Dancers playing beforehand and a lack of toilets which due to the venue being packed left pissing in the corner the only choice. Is this where Yan broke his nose too? Memory is failing me)

That's the one I meant when I said Spiegeltent. They played loads of unreleased stuff off DYLRM and people were pissing everywhere....

Green Man

Dec 22, 2014
BN2
Mammut and Samaris @ Above Audio
Strypes @ Dome Studio
Snakeheads @ The Hope

(only been going a couple of years!)

the year before Parquet Courts at The Haunt.

Good shout :thumbsup:

But some of the most interesting are the ones you just take a punt on - standing about 6 inches away from Spanish singer/songwriter Russian Red in a basement in St James's Street, French electronica/rap band Erotic Market at the Green Door Store, mad Japanese performance artist with a bunch of homemade instruments one lunchtime at the Spiegelhub ...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I've never heard of any of these acts due to my great age, I only opened the thread labelled The Great Escape, as I thought it referred to the end of season games. :down:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Will you be doing your podcast with some recommendations? It was extremely useful last year.

I was planning on it if time allows, I'm also going to do an article for We Love Brighton on some of the picks of The Alternative Escape. Looking at the line-up just then, I realised how little I know so I need to get cracking.

And thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here