Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord Bracknell 1 0 Bowelotti

Thanks for all the kind messages and the support that people have given me since I was first diagnosed last year. It was very worrying when I first heard about my health issue (and my bowel cancer didn't reveal itself through pain, so it was easy to remain in ignorance of the developing condition). The advice and treatment that the Sussex Cancer Centre has given me has been top notch and the staff and my fellow patients have been great company when I've been there - which, at one stage was daily for six weeks. It's not been an "ordeal", more of a venture into uncertainty. But the combination of investigation, chemotherapy and radiotherapy has done the trick (painlessly and without me losing my hair or spending hours vomiting, which is what Dr Google suggests might be inevitable) and I'm relieved to be moving on to the next stage - careful monitoring. I'm still a bit wobbly, though, since one of the side-effects of the chemo treatment is something called peripheral neuropathy, which makes hands and feet go numb. It wears off, in time, I'm told. And I'm happy that time is what I now seem to have.

Once again, thanks to everyone. It's been good to have conversations at the Amex with both friends and complete strangers, who have wished me well throughout.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
By the way, Ed: [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] says the drinks are on you on the 22nd :thumbsup:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I always knew you were a lover AND a fighter. :clap2:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Excellent news - very glad to hear it

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Excellent news

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bloody marvelous. Bloody legend. Brilliant, brilliant news. All the best to all the ridiculously fine bunch at Bracknell Towers.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Very pleased for you & your family LB

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Wonderful news for you both, Thank you Mrs Lady B for sharing. I'm another who does not Know you but have thought about your difficult situation often, particularly when reading any of Lord B's many comments since reading of your situation many months ago.Thank you for sharing may you both grow old and happy together.Well done Lord B.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Good news indeed. Enjoy that sip tonight.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am very happy with your good news Ed and Roz.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Great news Lord B you must be feeling great I know from my own experience the relief you get when told that you have beaten the big C, mine happened in 20 years ago and I am still causing trouble so hopefully will you be in 20 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here