Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk - Refusing to play?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My point oif 'telling time Tuesday' is if he figured in our plans he would be picked if it was our intention to accept an offer fom whoever he will not.
I think he does figure in our plans, but there may be a figure that the club would accept etc, which means they might not want to cup-tie him, in case he's sold - or it might just be that it's difficult for players to concentrate when they're getting huge offers, and so he'll be on the bench until the end of the window.

Seems to me that if the intention is to sell him, they shouldn't be wasting a bench place on him.
The intention might be to keep him, whilst understanding that the right offer from the right club might mean he has to go. The intention is also to get as many points in the league as possible, and even if he's not fully focused, he's in the top 3 CBs we have.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I think Fulham bidding will have triggered a whole host of Premiership clubs interested in such a young and promising player (that scores goals), they now have more money to throw around, especially as the window begins closing.

We don't want him injured and are playing him as cover until Goldson is ready. If a big offer is received I hope it will be used for 2-3 more signings, if not we have great CB cover/competition and can then look at getting in loan signings. I am sure his agent has unsettled him, and although I would love to keep him, Houghtons team building will be seen as more important overall as Dunk sale would be great profit, even if it just funds the academy centre, for 2-3 more years.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Seems to me that if the intention is to sell him, they shouldn't be wasting a bench place on him.
Its just to keep the masses such as on here onside and not moaning, or deciding not to turn up to the games in the mean time..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How about that he hasn't played since?
And that the thread is still here?
More evidence for than against.

Nsc guesswork. He was stripped off ready to come on at Fulham, but Stephens needed to come off, so JFC went on instead.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Not really.

Firstly, the activity of a thread on a message board is completely irrelevant. To suggest that this thread still being active is in any way evidence he refused to play is ridiculous reasoning.

Secondly, further to my earlier post about a possible alternative explanation - cup game, beneficial to both the club and Dunk for him not to play, and his complicity in that decision could be twisted by cynical people or by the lack of fidelity with word of mouth rumours to be a refusal to play, then there's Fulham (the team most known to be interested and bidding for him) so not unreasonable to sit him out.

You then get the situation that we've been successful without him. Hughton seems to be a manager who likes to change his team as little as possible, and leaving the shirt on the players who are playing well and winning you games/points.

That he hasn't played since is no more evidence he refused to play v Southend than that he didn't actually play v Southend is evidence of the reason for his omission.

I'm not saying he didn't refuse to play, just that there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for his continued absence and that your latest evidence is flimsy at best.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

1) New defender, transfer talk is disrupting his concentration
2) It's not going to go away if you keep adding to it.
3) No evidence. More evidence against as he's actually available to play on the bench.

I guess it depends on what you want to read into it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Think a lot of credit should go to the club here. It's good that we are not being held to ransom by player power. If this continues until deadline day then so be it. The club are obviously holding out for the best possible deal. Fulham haven't won a game yet and tensions must be high. Will they meet BHA valuation? Pressure is on them and i can see them panicking and offering more dough

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Can someone explain why, if he is refusing to play, he is being put on the bench? Why pick someone in the match day squad who will refuse to take the field if asked?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Annoying seeing the title of this thread on the front page everyday. The worst form of gossip/itk bull shit.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Whatever you say about Naylor he is unlikely to publish anything on just nsc gossip. Seems like this is correct.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Disappointing that this seems to bear out the original thread. Seems a shame as he could have been instrumental this season. At least we've made strides to cover his departure when it happens. Take him off the bench and give the place to someone who wants to play.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he's sold, I'm not sure Rea will go out on loan as suggested, unless we bring in another centre back.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The club seem to be handling this very well, the player has been disciplined and now founds himself bench fodder. We either get to keep him or get a jackpot in cash for him. With the defensive cover we have I think it's a win win . Just a shame that Dunk had been a foolish young man, hopefully he'll learn from this. Bloom seems to be playing hard ball.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not too fussed if Dunk does go. Not because I don't rate him – he's clearly a class act – but Uwe looked good on Saturday (yes, it was just ONE game), and the club can't really turn down the sort of money being talked about.

Before Ulloa leaving for Leicester who would have really thought one of our players would be going for FIVE MILLION pounds? That is a LOT of money to a championship club, let's put it in perspective.

Players come; players go. Onwards and upwards :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here