Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lighthouse Cafe Bar - Worthing

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Err I know the people who run that place, and if you think they're hipsters you don't know what hipster means...

Not necessarily the owners, but the staff with the ginormous pieces of wood in their ears and tattoos!!! They seem to employ emo kids, and I'm sorry but when I ate in there a couple of weeks ago, I was monumentally underwhelmed, which is a shame because I had heard good things, and, as I say, their beer selection was very good. Might give it another go, perhaps I was being unfair.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not necessarily the owners, but the staff with the ginormous pieces of wood in their ears and tattoos!!! They seem to employ emo kids, and I'm sorry but when I ate in there a couple of weeks ago, I was monumentally underwhelmed, which is a shame because I had heard good things, and, as I say, their beer selection was very good. Might give it another go, perhaps I was being unfair.

Well that is a shame, I'm sorry to hear. Hope you do.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I went into M&S earlier today...picked up an item and then followed the sign that said 'PAY HERE' ...waited at the said place ..coughed a little..no one came..looked around no one in sight....then just as i was about to go ..a member of staff asked if he could help...dam i thought i could have started a thread about them

:D

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
It's interesting to see how many Worthingites are on here. I work towards the end of Warwick St so end up strolling down there at least a couple of times a day. I actually tried the Lighthouse for the first time last week. Whilst I must admit the staff were a tad slow (nothing major though) I thought the food was ok. However two of them were arguing well in earshot of the customers for a moment which was unprofessional. If you want decent service, good coffee, and top grub to takeaway then walk to the end of Warwick St and try The Garden Pantry. Very good breakie too IMO.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's interesting to see how many Worthingites are on here. I work towards the end of Warwick St so end up strolling down there at least a couple of times a day. I actually tried the Lighthouse for the first time last week. Whilst I must admit the staff were a tad slow (nothing major though) I thought the food was ok. However two of them were arguing well in earshot of the customers for a moment which was unprofessional. If you want decent service, good coffee, and top grub to takeaway then walk to the end of Warwick St and try The Garden Pantry. Very good breakie too IMO.

noted

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Just looked up the Lighthouse cafe on Trip Advisor, has got plenty of very good reviews but scratch the surface and a few mention rude staff, I don't know how to do a link but the review on page 2 dated 7 June 14 from Tickle Pulborough is worth a read.

When I put in the Lighthouse Cafe Worthing on Google this thread has made the first page.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Just looked up the Lighthouse cafe on Trip Advisor, has got plenty of very good reviews but scratch the surface and a few mention rude staff, I don't know how to do a link but the review on page 2 dated 7 June 14 from Tickle Pulborough is worth a read.

When I put in the Lighthouse Cafe Worthing on Google this thread has made the first page.

A lot of the 5 star reviews are by people with only 1 review on Trip Advisor.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
In Worthing yesterday evening for Splash FM party in Steine Gardens. Fancied some grub outside of the venue as we thought it would be better value for money and/or much better quality. Found this place in Warwick Street I believe?

Evening menus on the table, LOTS of space (in fact just 3/4 tables in use). Menu looked OK, not too fussy as we really just wanted a hot snack type of thing, burger or panini etc.. Spoke to one of the three staff who informed us it was table service. Chose table, sat down, decided on what to have, chose a bottle of wine to order, closed menus, laid them on table and waited, and waited, and waited.

We were sat in FULL view of the staff, two youngsters and maybe the owner, one of whom may have been serving another table. We tried to catch their eye, we 'ahemed' and coughed for three or four minutes as they chatted and discussed whatever was more important than serving us. We were the only table waiting to order, we wanted to spend money in this establishment, it was a quiet period with very few customers. We left without spending a penny, or even getting a glance from the staff as we walked past them.

Apparently this cafe has not been open very long, if the standard of service continues as is then it will close very soon. So if you are after a speedy snack in central Worthing, go elsewhere.

Have you been up to your old tricks again...?! I was in the Lighthouse for lunch with the family on Tuesday and a chap sat down (admittedly for a while) without any acknowledgement from the staff whatsoever. He eventually got up, made a bit of a grumble and walked out. It did bring a wry smile to my face as I wondered if it was you.

By the way, if you want a superb burger, try the Beach House next to The Dome on the seafront - very gourmet-like

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Have you been up to your old tricks again...?! I was in the Lighthouse for lunch with the family on Tuesday and a chap sat down (admittedly for a while) without any acknowledgement from the staff whatsoever. He eventually got up, made a bit of a grumble and walked out. It did bring a wry smile to my face as I wondered if it was you.

By the way, if you want a superb burger, try the Beach House next to The Dome on the seafront - very gourmet-like

LOL! No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here