Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
A pal made a very good point that Pardew has managed to sell most of the players that really give a **** about being there and helping the team out, even Murray can be included amongst them. Bolasie and Jedinak are huge misses for them and Zaha out for the African Cup of Nations is a beauty.

Their defending is comical and that's going to be hard to sort.

Real trouble, there, real trouble.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A pal made a very good point that Pardew has managed to sell most of the players that really give a **** about being there and helping the team out, even Murray can be included amongst them. Bolasie and Jedinak are huge misses for them and Zaha out for the African Cup of Nations is a beauty.

Their defending is comical and that's going to be hard to sort.

Real trouble, there, real trouble.

stop teasing me....

I think to be honest they should pull clear of safety in the coming months, I can't see them getting relegated as much as I would like that to happen.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
stop teasing me....

I think to be honest they should pull clear of safety in the coming months, I can't see them getting relegated as much as I would like that to happen.

I'm not so sure.

I was previously of that opinion, but Wickham out for the season, Zaha (their best player) gone for 4-6 weeks, horrendous form and defensive frailties than run very deep, and an INSANELY hard final run in.

I think they're in a bit of trouble.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'm not so sure.

I was previously of that opinion, but Wickham out for the season, Zaha (their best player) gone for 4-6 weeks, horrendous form and defensive frailties than run very deep, and an INSANELY hard final run in.

You can still get 4/1. It might as well be 40/1. IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Sami Hyypia is available isn't he ?

Would Gus jump ship so early ?

That would make my day, dream end to a season us to pip Newcastle to the title on the last day at Villa and Gus getting Palace relegated....

Imagine that scenario..... go on close your eyes and imagine the sheer joy on the train back from the midlands.....

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Would Gus jump ship so early ?

That would make my day, dream end to a season us to pip Newcastle to the title on the last day at Villa and Gus getting Palace relegated....

Imagine that scenario..... go on close your eyes and imagine the sheer joy on the train back from the midlands.....

Just hope they give us 6,000 tickets like they did for the cup. Somewhat unlikely!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Ask the same question about Hull, Sunderland and Swansea.

Well if we just look over the last 5 games which is current form. Hull have gained 4 points, Swansea have gained 5 points and Sunderland have gained 6 points, Palace have got 0 points. if that form continues over the next five games Palace will be bottom by Christmas.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm not so sure.

He's not going to the ACON. Unfortunately.

Spurs are after wingers though, and had a bid rejected over the summer.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Well if we just look over the last 5 games which is current form. Hull have gained 4 points, Swansea have gained 5 points and Sunderland have gained 6 points, Palace have got 0 points. if that form continues over the next five games Palace will be bottom by Christmas.

I hope you are right, but there are some shit teams in that league, even shitter than Palace!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I hope you are right, but there are some shit teams in that league, even shitter than Palace!

Yes and Palace have played mainly the shit teams and not very many games against teams in the top ten.Palace next away game is at Hull and if they were to lose that one then the slide will really gain momentum in my mind.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Nice quote from the Palace board:

There bloody well should be after the crap the paying fans have had to put up with for the entirety of 2016.

Never mind having to go to the toilet in 2 feet of urine or eat a rock hard burger, these American investors want to get their cheque book out and get us a competent left back and backup striker.

Of course if they don't want to fund the genius that sold Gayle in the first place that's a different matter. Hopefully that will force Parish's hand to get rid of the moron that left us with one striker and one left back.

:laugh:

Found this while looking for info about Zaha going to the ACON. Seems as if some of their lot think he's said that he isn't, but it's not clear.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
There is a Sun story on the Zaha chooses Ivory Coast thread on the BBS saying he's going to stay at Palace in January to help with their relegation battle.

Well, if I were involved with the Ivory Coast, I'd tell him it doesn't work like that.

He can claim allegiance to his nation of birth now that it suits him (because he's accepted he's not England standard), but not then choose WHEN and WHERE he plays for them. What a conceited little prick. Its ALMOST as though he never wanted to represent them at all, and was just throwing his toys about over England selection.

They should just name him in the squad anyway. If they do that he and declines to travel then Palace would be in breach of FIFA rules if they played him.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here