Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you RENEW your season ticket ?

Will you renew your season ticket ?

• Total voters

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Good article. The club seems to have focussed on attracting new supporters at the detriment of the existing; I have long felt that the club wanted a new breed of football fans with traditional fans being distasteful to them. The atmosphere at the ground suffered first with ridiculous steward behaviour encourage by the arrogant and pompous idiot Chris Baker. There has been some improvement since he was kicked out but it took far too long and the damage was done. The arrogant behaviour and communication from Paul Barber has further alienated fans; again this has been going on for some time. Both issues were swallowed by faithful fans when performances were good, when we had something to be optimistic about. Now that the fare is poor and we are repeatedly mislead regarding intentions/squad improvements etc etc whilst being patronised and criticised by Barber and Co it's not just the new more fickle fans that are losing interest. That loyal supporter base is asking itself why it should continue to back a club that doesn't value them. When we were properly sh!t I still wanted to back the club, put my hard earned into it; I fee completely the opposite now and I know I'm not alone. I'm having serious thoughts about ditching my season tickets for next season and focussing on away games rather than home games, which involve a 130 mile round trip in any case. I wouldn't be considering this if it wasn't for the Barber effect.

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
Good article. The club seems to have focussed on attracting new supporters at the detriment of the existing; I have long felt that the club wanted a new breed of football fans with traditional fans being distasteful to them. The atmosphere at the ground suffered first with ridiculous steward behaviour encourage by the arrogant and pompous idiot Chris Baker. There has been some improvement since he was kicked out but it took far too long and the damage was done. The arrogant behaviour and communication from Paul Barber has further alienated fans; again this has been going on for some time. Both issues were swallowed by faithful fans when performances were good, when we had something to be optimistic about. Now that the fare is poor and we are repeatedly mislead regarding intentions/squad improvements etc etc whilst being patronised and criticised by Barber and Co it's not just the new more fickle fans that are losing interest. That loyal supporter base is asking itself why it should continue to back a club that doesn't value them. When we were properly sh!t I still wanted to back the club, put my hard earned into it; I fee completely the opposite now and I know I'm not alone. I'm having serious thoughts about ditching my season tickets for next season and focussing on away games rather than home games, which involve a 130 mile round trip in any case. I wouldn't be considering this if it wasn't for the Barber effect.

What is "The Barber Effect"? I often read posts saying things like "The arrogant behaviour and communication from Paul Barber......."(above) and it would be great to get some examples to explain what you mean.

I genuinely have no idea what it is posters on here have against him. I can understand complaints about the manager, players, the chairman but the bloke employed to run the club?

What is "The Barber Effect"? I often read posts saying things like "The arrogant behaviour and communication from Paul Barber......."(above) and it would be great to get some examples to explain what you mean.

I genuinely have no idea what it is posters on here have against him. I can understand complaints about the manager, players, the chairman but the bloke employed to run the club?

This the guy has to plug holes in the good ship Albion that's leaking millions not an easy job and seems a thankless task tbh:blush:

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I'd assumed the price of a half season ticket (£265, Zone A) would be half the cost of a full season ticket, so pleasantly surprised with the news. It says DD has to be set up by 13th March, do the payments start that month? (apologies if it's mentioned somewhere, I can't see it)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

I think is a question of how you like your football experience. Perhaps what you look for is different than me.

Examples are numerous but if you're immune to it then you'll not notice the effect.

No doubt the reduction in season ticket renewals will be blamed on league position rather than Barber.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I spoke to a non season ticket fan the other day, and he and his son are getting season tickets next year.

He actually asked me if I there was a waiting list, bless him.

TB

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
I think is a question of how you like your football experience. Perhaps what you look for is different than me.

Examples are numerous but if you're immune to it then you'll not notice the effect.

No doubt the reduction in season ticket renewals will be blamed on league position rather than Barber.

If examples are numerous could you just give me one or two examples please?

As far as "what I look for at football".
Watching the team I support (winning is a bonus), the comfortable new stadium I prefer to our previous "homes".
A few beers before and/or after with mates who've also attended.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
If examples are numerous could you just give me one or two examples please?

As far as "what I look for at football".
Watching the team I support (winning is a bonus), the comfortable new stadium I prefer to our previous "homes".
A few beers before and/or after with mates who've also attended.

Check out the program notes for starters.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is catastrophic for the club. If 15% do not renew an half of the 21% undecided that will be a 25% haemorrhage of season tickets so from 21000 down to around 16000. I think this will be the level next season but about 12000 if in div 1. A drop from 23000 to 16000 in 2 seasons is something the club will have to look at very seriously

Depends if you think that NSC is representative of a typical match day crowd.

Personally i'll be renewing as i go to every home match, hence it makes financial sense. I will though at some stage in the future probably have to move from my current seat, because of cost.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure exactly why some have such a big problem with PB. In all the decades that I have supported the club, I don't think communication from the CEO has ever been better. Of course there are things that some don't like but what you don't like others might. The club wouldn't have to attract the new modern fan if all the old more traditional ones were prepared to spend a lot more to take up the shortfall in income. You might not like the involvement of Nike or American Express but take them out of the equation and this 'traditional' supporter would have to fund even more.

Prices for season tickets remain the same. subsidized travel is being extended and we still have the monthly DDs.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Alright "Matey". I will do a deal with you.

If can find ONE post from your mate that supports the club, and wants them to do well, I will happily concede that I am prat and will apologise, and you can feel free to tell me to feck off, (Which I never say to anyonr on a public forum BTW)

If you don't, we will agree you are a ... Well let's not go there.

Agreed? GO!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

If can find ONE post from your mate that supports the club, and wants them to do well, I will happily concede that I am prat and will apologise, and you can feel free to tell me to feck off, (Which I never say to anyonr on a public forum BTW)

Agreed? GO!

Who's upset you blackadder

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why dont you juist feck orf matey,....... you are so far up your own 'superfan' aarrsehole........... there isnt a single supporter who wants to see the club fail, but there are plenty that are very very disappointed with the last 2 seasons, just deal with it.

Agreed? GO!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here