Burnley face competition from Wolves for Ashley Barnes

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Breaking news from The Argus - Burnley have put in a bid in the region of £750k

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I think Barnes will sign a new contract this window. I think the club want to keep him and he wants to stay so they will reach an agreement. It needs to be sorted this window or else he will be holding all the aces with a Bosman looming so I think it will get sorted soon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This may sound silly but I would take £750k for Barnes and then sign Kevin Philips for 3 months to sit on the bench and come on , as Barnes does, if we need him.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It would be nuts to sell Barnes, it won't happen.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This may sound silly but I would take £750k for Barnes and then sign Kevin Philips for 3 months to sit on the bench and come on , as Barnes does, if we need him.

What about another injury or suspension to Ulloa? Phillips hasn't started a game since March and that was a 4-0 reverse at home against Birmingham.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

Crikes that sounds silly

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Wolves would be a good move if he wants regular first team football , especially if Ward is part of any deal.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

You're usually quite sound in your judgement but not this time. Ridiculous. Completely different players, Phillips could not provide the degree of defensive cover that Barnes does, if Ulloa gets injured even less of a physical presence with Phillips about.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wolves would be a good move if he wants regular first team football , especially if Ward is part of any deal.

It would be a bloody brilliant move for Wolves, but not us. Again he made a big difference on coming on yesterday.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He has proved his worth to us - we should not sell unless it is for very silly money. He is a great asset to the team. No shock that both Gus and Oscar have had him as a near ever present if available.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Yup, very VERY silly

Edit, just noticed that there had already been an identical response posted :rolleyes:

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
If Burnley came back with £900k - £1m would you be happy to see him go because I can see them coming back for Barnes. I'd take the money as can't see him signing as he's had months to do it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

He's getting regular first team football, hadn't you noticed? Of course you had, you post a tedious criticism of him every time he is less than perfect ( I am told it's a wind up, not convinced) :rolleyes:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
£750k or £0 at the end of the season. Hmmm. I wonder what the FFP-loving Albion will do!? That is, of course, unless Ash signs his contract extension.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here