Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Overrated films?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Now there's a thing, i would put LoB as one of the funniest films I've seen.

It has its moments for sure, but it's never had me rolling around. I'm not a massive Python fan tbh, although I appreciated people have been stoned to death for saying less.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I get it in the neck from lotr fans when I say the first 2 films are as boring as hell and its all an over rated soap opera about friendship.

The end of the third film was the most boring part of all. I thought it had finished, then 45 minutes the end credits finally started rolling.

TBH I'm not entirely sure why I went to see the third one, given what had come before.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The end of the third film was the most boring part of all. I thought it had finished, then 45 minutes the end credits finally started rolling.

TBH I'm not entirely sure why I went to see the third one, given what had come before.

Yep, smeagal was tedious, Frodo and Sam was homoerotic, the orcs were just unwashed palace fans and wizards in silly cartoom hats wtf?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I’d like to add anything with Sandra Bullock in. Crash, Gravity etc... awful, awful films made even worse by an awful, awful actress.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
You're right, I totally agree it IS a dreadful film. But I think you'd be hard-pushed to find anyone who rated it, so it doesn't really belong on this thread chap.

Another one I struggle to understand all the fuss over is The Deer Hunter. It begins with the most interminable neverending wedding scene, and the rest of the film is utter DIRGE, save for the russian roulette scene with the pistol. Another DeNiro dud.

And you can shove Apocalypse Now right up your arse as well. (Not you Pugh).

If only you knew the events of my day!

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
IT - the new one, haven't seen the old one. Thought it was absolutely dreadful. Crap storyline and went on forever.
LOTR - I have many friends that are obsessed, doesn't interest me.
Fantastic beasts and where to find them - it's fair to say I genuinely worry for humanity when people actually rate something as uniquely awful as this film. To me it was a bit like Victorian pokemon being caught by a grown-up Oliver Twist (now an H&M model) with the bloke from the go compare advert traipsing around. Staggeringly bad.

]IT - the new one, haven't seen the old one. Thought it was absolutely dreadful. Crap storyline and went on forever.

The 1st one was crap too, to be fair,
Tho, as it was the 1st book I ever read, it does hold fond memories for me

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Always think that Brighton Rock must have had the world's least menacing criminal gang, even by the standards of the day :lolol:

Lawd above. Its not about criminal gangs. Its about catholicism (as is everything Greene ever wrote) :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Reading this thread makes me happy about the fact I have been to the cinema maybe 20 times in the last 40 years. Wait till you know you'll like it (then buy the DVD) is my motto. The main exception has been the Harry Potter series which was a joyful bonding thing with my son - with the books and the films (cinema) lapped up on day of release.

I struggle to think of a flm I expected to be good, saw at the cinema, then thought 'meh'. For my TV film watching, I guess that 'Deliverance' takes the biscuit. If I wanted to watch rednecks torturing to death some civilised folk I'd take someone I don't like, pitch a tent in Sittingbourne, and brace myself....

Last edited:

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reading this thread makes me happy about the fact I have been to the cinema maybe 20 times in the last 40 years. Wait till you know you'll like it (then buy the DVD) is my motto. The main exception has been the Harry Potter series which was a joyful bonding thing with my son - with the books and the films (cinema) lapped up on day of release.

I struggle to think of a flm I expected to be good, saw at the cinema, then thought 'meh'. For my TV film watching, I guess that 'Deliverance' takes the biscuit. If I wanted to watch rednecks torturing to death some civilised folk I'd take someone I don't like, pitch a tent in Sittingbourne, and brace myself....

We’ve really enjoyed watching all the Harry Potter films with our kids, followed with a visit to the amazing Harry Potter world in Orlando last winter. Great stories by J.K.Rowling and fantastically executed in all the films which just got better and better.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

What ? Squeal little piggy. Tell me you,ve never played that imaginary banjo when a mate has said the wrong thing.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Forrest Gump. The entire premise of the film is flawed. "Momma said 'life is like a box of chocolates, you never knows what you'se gonna get next'". Total crap. Look on the side of the box Momma....

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Colin Firth has to be the most overrated actor of all time

with Judi Dench not far behind

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills