Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
If I could afford Guess Who in Utrecht id be there with nobs on. Amazing lineup.

I may pop up to see Arthur Brown on the Friday. I'm quite curious to see what it's like to return to the 1960s for an hour.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Peter Hook & The Light played a blinder at C2 last night. So much more than a trip down memory lane. I has a stupid grin on my face throughout. He's playing JD & NO substance albums in full (!) next year at the Forum. Tickets have been dully ordered.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Peter Hook & The Light played a blinder at C2 last night. So much more than a trip down memory lane. I has a stupid grin on my face throughout. He's playing JD & NO substance albums in full (!) next year at the Forum. Tickets have been dully ordered.

Is there any other way to order tickets?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
In principle it's Julia Holter day, however I'm not counting chickens.

Last time she was in town I got misdiagnosed as having bowel cancer the day before and didn't feel up for the gig.

More recently I couldn't attend British Sea Power at the Concorde as I was hopsitalised for ongoing treatment for cystic fibrosis, The Phantom Band had their kit stolen and today I'm waiting on bed availability at King's for further treatment for CF.

Harumff.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
..........and there's the phone call.

bugger

no Julia Holter for me :(

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
How I didn't notice that John Grant is on at The Dome this Friday is beyond me. As such, I have not got a ticket.

Did anyone buy too many, or has anyone got one that they cannot use? Please?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
How I didn't notice that John Grant is on at The Dome this Friday is beyond me. As such, I have not got a ticket.

Did anyone buy too many, or has anyone got one that they cannot use? Please?

Turn up on the night and there is always someone who is not a tout willing to sell at face value either outside or in a nearby pub. Never fails.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
..........and there's the phone call.

bugger

no Julia Holter for me :(

Hope all goes well. I can only imagine how you feel missing out on those bands. Seeing Julia Holter later but thoughts are with you.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Hope all goes well. I can only imagine how you feel missing out on those bands. Seeing Julia Holter later but thoughts are with you.

Likewise. Chin up [MENTION=587]Pevenseagull[/MENTION]

Also have you got tix for Jason Isbell at c2 19 Jan 16? Have a vague memory of mentioning this before as thought you may be interested...anyway it's almost sold out so get a shift on if you fancy it. Something to look fwd to.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bad luck, get well soon. If it's any consolation there's enough on here going to Holter to storm the stage and get it rescheduled so you can go.

Troops!? Inbetween the 4th and 5th, before the saxophonist blows his load! We're relying on you.

That's a fine solo but the reason you offer is far better for a bit of stage storming. Right you are colonel.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Julia Holter reaffirmed my belief that she's the artist of this decade. Incredible stuff.

No 'Goddess Eyes' was a shame though.

Her songs sound so much better live and a good mix of new and older stuff. We stood at the back for the last few and sound there was excellent. Good to catch up with you again.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Julia Holter reaffirmed my belief that she's the artist of this decade. Incredible stuff.

No 'Goddess Eyes' was a shame though.

I didnt see you this time James, brilliant gig though.

Her songs sound so much better live and a good mix of new and older stuff. We stood at the back for the last few and sound there was excellent. Good to catch up with you again.

Yes, the live experience lifted it to a level I hadn't expected.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Oh that's rather annoying. I originally couldn't go to Mercury Rev next week but now I can & can't get in. Anyone with a spare please bear me in mind. Ta.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here