Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Transfer thread - other clubs

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
A full list of Palace's business:

:tumble:
They have a nasty habit of bumbling along, looking in trouble but the blessings from the Lucky Heather sellers always seems to work for them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Davy Klaassen gone from Everton to Werder Bremen

Interesting in as much was a massive success in Holland ( 1 in 3 as an AM ) and went to everton for 24million.

Didn't cut it !

Yes there have been stories like this from the Dutch league, see Vincent Janssen also, and people tend to brand players a failure without giving them a chance. But on the other side they forget Luis Suarez came straight from Holland, as did Toby Alderwiereld at Spurs. Even Davy Propper was decent last year. Gamble yes, but still could be excellent

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Bournemouth, Cardiff, Palace, Burnley, Everton and Saints have all been a bit quiet so far...[/QUO

Cardiff have signed 3, but all from Championship sides. Unless they're outstanding, and they don't seem to be, that hardly strengthens them.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes there have been stories like this from the Dutch league, see Vincent Janssen also, and people tend to brand players a failure without giving them a chance. But on the other side they forget Luis Suarez came straight from Holland, as did Toby Alderwiereld at Spurs. Even Davy Propper was decent last year. Gamble yes, but still could be excellent
Van Nistelrooy did alright too

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bournemouth, Cardiff, Palace, Burnley, Everton and Saints have all been a bit quiet so far...[/QUO

Cardiff have signed 3, but all from Championship sides. Unless they're outstanding, and they don't seem to be, that hardly strengthens them.
People were doubtful Vardy would be able to make the step up but he's been alright. There are a lot of decent players in The Championship who are waiting for their chance.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Palace close to completing a £27m purchase of Danny Ings from Liverpool apparently

27m?!! God I hope that's correct. Ings is a decent player but he's injury prone and in no way worth that. I'd love it if, despite not having much of a pot to piss in, they spunk 27m on an injury prone striker.

That'd be 60m on a donkey and a perma crocked player. What a strike force!

Only Palace could do that.

Please, please, please be true!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
27m?!! God I hope that's correct. Ings is a decent player but he's injury prone and in no way worth that. I'd love it if, despite not having much of a pot to piss in, they spunk 27m on an injury prone striker.

That'd be 60m on a donkey and a perma crocked player. What a strike force!

Only Palace could do that.

Please, please, please be true!

As things stand, Palarse are a one trick pony, take Wilfried out of that side, and they aren't Premier league quality. No doubt about it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
27m?!! God I hope that's correct. Ings is a decent player but he's injury prone and in no way worth that.

The promise and potential of these ex-Burnley strikers such as Rodriguez and Austin are always so very high but their injury records prevent them from having an sort of consistency and ultimately, not much affect on their team’s season.

Let’s hope the figure is closer to £30m because he’ll probably have similar appearance stats to Connor Wickham.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure where my son read it but when he gets back from the shops I will ask him.

PS just checked it is on Sky Sports Transfer Centre that they have upped their chase

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It’s 20 million everywhere else I’ve seen, and Southampton and Leicester are interested so it’s nowhere near done and dusted.

They've bid £20 million but Liverpool value him at £27 million. Long way from complete.

On another note, I can't see Newcastle not finishing 20th next season. This Japanese guy they're getting excited about looks pony and they're going to have a huge hole to fill with Lascelles seemingly off to Leicester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here