Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Davey Cameron's rednbluenwhite army

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So the Tories have shifted towards the left as well?

Brilliant news, well done Jeremy!

Tories now occupy the centre and right, Labour the left, how many elections are won after abandoning the centre ground ?

Brilliant Jeremy well done :facepalm:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Why ? it's absolutely spot on.

I suspect that, rightly or wrongly, Corbyn, in suggesting the death of Bin Laden was a tragedy, was not saying Bin Laden’s death was the moral equivalent of the death of 3,000 Americans and is not a ‘terrorist sympathiser’, but someone who thinks the situation could have been dealt with in a much different and ‘better’ manner resulting in less death. Possibly too complicated a point for those that only see things as black or white.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Tories now occupy the centre and right, Labour the left, how many elections are won after abandoning the centre ground ?

Brilliant Jeremy well done :facepalm:

If the end result is that the government becomes more left-leaning, then I'll be happier with them than I am currently.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Why ? it's absolutely spot on.

Is it spot on? Does Jeremy Corbyn HATE Britain then? Does Corbyn sympathise with terrorists? He said the lack of any attempt to bring Bin Laden to trial was a tragedy, and he's right. He basically said that all of the events surrounding what happened in 2011 are tragic.

He's the Prime Minister and is using some very dangerous vocabulary to attack the leader of the opposotion, based on deliberate misinterpretations.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So the Tories have shifted towards the left as well?

Brilliant news, well done Jeremy!

Not really. All he's done is take the ground that Blair occupied. Those Blairite policies that Cameron has been talking about are apparently hated every bit as much by the Corbynistas as the Tory policies so it's not like he's being forced into Corbyn territory. There's no worse insult a Corbynista can throw than accuse someone of being a Blairite. Cameron is expanding his base whilst Corbyn's narrows.

Be under no illusion that Cameron will want to force through as much of a Conservative agenda as he can get away with so when Corbyn gets absolutely hammered at the next election and Cameron bulldozes through more policies that you don't like, it will give you and other Corbyn supporters plenty of time to reflect on all that middle ground Labour gave up for the sake of ideology.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If the end result is that the government becomes more left-leaning, then I'll be happier with them than I am currently.

IF they do I can see your point but at what cost. Do you believe Labour have a realistic chance of winning the next General election ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Kid gloves are now officially OFF for The Nasty Party, same as we always knew they would be, as soon as they got elected with an overall majority. Now they're queueing up to out-nasty each other. some pretty disgusting things being bandied about in the name of naked political ambition by some pretty disgusting people. But who would have expected anything else?

did you type this as an auto-response? it doesn't really sit with the commentary on the speech.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Now that the tree logo is gone the Tories don't seem to give a **** about the environment anymore either.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If you put a full stop at the end of sentence 1 and 2, then yes you can create an equivalence, but it's not that simple is it? It's absolutely pathetic of Cameron to be so unsophisticated in his approach but I'm not surprised, that his approach to most things - Like fueling the fire of anti immigration rhetoric, like blaming those in receipt of benefit for all the ills of the country.

He is a prick, I'm not debating that bit.

But your first post suggested that all Corbyn said was that OBL's death might have been counter-productive. He didn't 'just' say that. His exact quote was:

"This was an assassination attempt, and is yet another tragedy, upon a tragedy, upon a tragedy. The World Trade Centre was a tragedy, the attack on Afghanistan was a tragedy, the war in Iraq was a tragedy."

I've got absolutely no problem with saying that Afghanistan and Iraq was a tragedy in the same way that the WTC bombing was a tragedy but I and many others have a big problem with equating OBL's death as a moral equivalent to the first three as Corbyn has clearly said. Yes, I can see that it might be counter-productive but don't equate his death as some sort of equivalent to the WTC.

As far as I can see, if you take that line of reasoning, and I don't think it's particularly extreme, then you've every right to pull Corbyn up on his comments.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He said the lack of any attempt to bring Bin Laden to trial was a tragedy, and he's right.

Is he frack

It would have been a tragedy if he had been brought to trial, there would have been all sorts of terrorist trouble leading up to trail which in itself would have been a costly media freak show circus.

Much better the guilty **** took a bullet to the face ,swift justice and very welcomed!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Now that the tree logo is gone the Tories don't seem to give a **** about the environment anymore either.

Dave what happened to the wind turbine, and the greenest government ever? Osborne is the real problem behind it all

Think the Lib Dems legacy was been enhanced since May, they really did moderate the looney right

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
IF they do I can see your point but at what cost. Do you believe Labour have a realistic chance of winning the next General election ?

If the election were to happen right now, then no, not a chance. In 5 years' time? I have absolutely no idea, and neither does anyone, a lot can happen. I don't even know if I'll vote Labour in the next general election - I never have done up until now. I like what Corbyn is currently saying, and as things stand I don't like what the Conservatives are saying/doing. But again, maybe I will like their policies in 5 years time.

Never understood why people support political parties like football teams.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
did you type this as an auto-response? it doesn't really sit with the commentary on the speech.

Sorry, but Cameron's a bit irrelevant now. He doesn't care any more, he's already stated he's stepping down before the next election. He can say anything he likes, whether he believes it or whether he doesn't. He's mentally already chillaxing on the beach. And it sits at odds with his fellow cabinet members and think tank planks. The next wave of big brutes of the Nasty Party are warming up on the touchline.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Speech coming up at 11:30.

Sure to be an absolute CRACKER!

Have you switched allegiances from Osborne to Cameron? It is the former's CPC speeches, budgets, autumn statements that you normally instigate threads which tends to have the effect of generating traffic on NSC.
What is NSC to make of this switch?
Does it indicate a preference for the future leader of the Tories?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If the election were to happen right now, then no, not a chance. In 5 years' time? I have absolutely no idea, and neither does anyone, a lot can happen. I don't even know if I'll vote Labour in the next general election - I never have done up until now. I like what Corbyn is currently saying, and as things stand I don't like what the Conservatives are saying/doing. But again, maybe I will like their policies in 5 years time.

Never understood why people support political parties like football teams.

Fair enough, I would say it's a reasonable prediction based on political history that Labour's departure from the centre ground combined with deep internal divisions makes them unelectable for the foreseeable future.

Agree with your last comment, my party right or wrong is a deluded position to take.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You missed the bit about poor social mobility within the UK and the biggest determinant in how much you earn being how much your father earns/earned then?
I missed all of it Bozza as, of course, I was busy working. My late father worked hard for very little and I'm only slightly better of than him. If only one of us had been offered the leg up of a Pigs Head Ceremony, I'd be made for life and, just like DC, able to " Retire " in 3 years and dabble with a few directorships.
Correct, and ever it will be with the Tories - Because, fundamentally, that's what they actually want to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here