Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paying the price for not going for the jugular.... If only!

Chickenrunner

Jul 26, 2004
Of course you can point to so many things in a season, but on Monday we had a great chance to put the play offs into our own hands and we fluffed it.

We should have gone for Blackpool's throats but instead we paid them too much respect and are now paying for that. It was in our hands and we blew it.

What a missed opportunity. So to Forest we go and hope that Reading buckle.
I couldn't possibly take seriously the views of someone who no one will sit next to at the Amex!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Of course you can point to so many things in a season, but on Monday we had a great chance to put the play offs into our own hands and we fluffed it.

We should have gone for Blackpool's throats but instead we paid them too much respect and are now paying for that. It was in our hands and we blew it.

eh..? look mate it's too late for all this shyte ....we have let supposedly lesser teams off and battered the better teams .....very frustrating season for the fans .....i don't think we'll make it next year either quite but once the training facility is done 15/16 we'll be up i reckon...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm sure Reading, Wigan and Blackburn could all say the same thing.. We aren't the only club in the league to drop silly points..

Case in point, Reading being held to a point at home by 8 man Yeovil. As others have said it all evens itself out

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
TRHK is absolutely right. Not sure why he is getting stick. I am meh as I think we simply do not warrant a play off place. I would rather we go for it next season for automatic promotion and that should be the aim. If we went up this season we would have to replace the whole squad apart from Tom, Leo and er possibly Kazenga, Rohan and Will.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry, were you at the game, if that was us going for it then I would hate to see us when we don't. We were abysmal in the Blackpool game and fully the deserve the situation we are now in. We threw a massive chance away in that game. There was a distinct lack of quality all game!

At least we scored a goal. Yeovil away was 0-0 without a single shot on target. That was a distinct lack of quality.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sorry, were you at the game, if that was us going for it then I would hate to see us when we don't. We were abysmal in the Blackpool game and fully the deserve the situation we are now in. We threw a massive chance away in that game. There was a distinct lack of quality all game!

Of course I was at the game. We didn't play well and yet if Buckley could keep his foot over the ball we may well have won it. We threw the kitchen sink at them second half but once again screwed up in front of goal. I had a problem with the quality of play in the game but not the effort.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
If we'd scored more goals, conceded fewer, beaten more teams, lost to fewer and finished as champions we'd definitely be in the Premiership next year.

I can do 'the blindingly obvious' too.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Tosh. Their record before Monday was utterly abysmal. We had the chance to stamp on a team in disarray and bank three massive points but we just didn't go for it. We lacked fire and urgency and desire and now, as I say, we're paying the price.

I really admire the team for being in with a shout and I'm a very positive Albion fan, but Monday was a missed opportunity when we knew what needed to be done. Such a shame. And so very BHA.

Totally wrong I'm afraid. The effort was there, it's the composure that was missing. Too much panicking on the ball let them down against Blackpool.

And we didnt play any better against Yeovil either, but somehow we got a fluke goal. It's a season of missed opportunities.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No point in looking for excuses , otherwise you could argue we would have got the 2nd automatic promotion place last season if Ankergren and Kuszczak hadn't made those goalkeeping howlers that cost us 4 points during second half stoppage time.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Don't give a toss what Wigan fans think! If you think a draw against a mediocre Blackpool team was a decent result good luck to you! Had we actually had a coach who can motivate the players we could and should have won that game.

Like who? Pearson? Who many Leicester fans wanted shot of, when they slumped and finished 6th and then died in the play offs last season. Dyche? Who many Burnley fans were not happy with in his first season, finishing mid table. Or maybe you want Gus back?
I am not going to get upset over a draw with Blackpool, yeah, we could have played better but I have seen us play a lot worse and Dobbies equaliser was a bit special.
Fed up of fans thinking they have all the answers and that Oscar is no good if we don't get the result or performance they expect, as if other managers never lose or draw to supposedly weaker opposition.
Pearson must be shit to let Brighton score 7 against Leicester this season, when Brighton usually only score once a game.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I always find the 'if and but' scenario a bit redundant when it could be applied to so many other clubs too. I can imagine the fans of Ipswich Town and Bournemouth are debating exactly the same thing right now.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's a 46 game season, why pick out particular games?
Precisely. What about the home defeat to Barnsley? If we fail to make the play-offs you may as well blame that as the one result that cost us. As you say it's 46 games, they all count the same, and over the course of a season you will see all sorts of results and all sorts of performances (playing well and losing, playing badly and winning, freak goals, crap decisions, individual mistakes, etc).

It's a bit like last year where some people said, in all seriousness, that if we'd beaten Hull on the opening day then we'd have been promoted and not them. You can't look at single results in isolation.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Like who? Pearson? Who many Leicester fans wanted shot of, when they slumped and finished 6th and then died in the play offs last season. Dyche? Who many Burnley fans were not happy with in his first season, finishing mid table. Or maybe you want Gus back?
I am not going to get upset over a draw with Blackpool, yeah, we could have played better but I have seen us play a lot worse and Dobbies equaliser was a bit special.
Fed up of fans thinking they have all the answers and that Oscar is no good if we don't get the result or performance they expect, as if other managers never lose or draw to supposedly weaker opposition.
Pearson must be shit to let Brighton score 7 against Leicester this season, when Brighton usually only score once a game.

Absolutely bang on. The armchair managers on here are doing my head in.

People on here totally over analyse this division. Its by and large a league of poor football, with the most successful teams seemingly going back to basics with 2 wingers who can run and two strikers who can score tap ins. The rest of the divisions teams threaten to do well for 3/4 games, then fail to win the next 4. I know I have simplified it horrifically yet the teams going up the last two seasons, i.e. Leicester, Burnley and Palace have all conformed to the aforementioned way of playing.

Next season I HOPE we stick 2 wingers on for the most part and replace Lingard with a similar player as with a better understanding of Oscar's tactics, I would hope this works well. Seems to have been the same story for 3 seasons now where we could have easily claimed 15 more points through going 10/20% more attack minded.

Ha, any 3 of those would suit me fine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here