Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BA Cabin Crew Strike

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Is it just me or are the standards of Air Stewards slipping, not just in attractiveness (which is also true), but they used to always smile and make you feel welcome on a plane.

Now I feel like I am bothering them when I ask for a water or because my TV is broken...

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Don't forget to tell them that if you are ever in an emergency situation I'm sure they will assist you just as soon as possible .....

Absolutely - the ignorance of the general public (and I note the same faces here as on certain other threads) is overwhelming. One day one of these glorified waitresses may just save your life.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Yes they are well trained but the wage just shows how oversubscribed their job is. Supply and demand, BA can be extremely picky and offer very low wages because loads of people want to fly around the world.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Is it just me or are the standards of Air Stewards slipping, not just in attractiveness (which is also true), but they used to always smile and make you feel welcome on a plane

Never see any really attractive air stewardesses (or flight attendants as they insist on calling themselves) on American airlines - average age must be close on 60 and more than a few have got a face like a slapped arse

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Too long have the average worker had to do without.

Bring on the strikes. Maybe then government and big business will start to take notice.

Love all these people who have obviously never lived through a prolonged period of industrial unrest. It is shit trust me. As of now people are losing livelihoods, parcels may not arrive for Xmas, holidays next year will be disrupted, business will be disrupted and jobs will be lost. But that is all OK for an outdated ideaology that JC has made trendy again for those that have never really gone without. Gap year anyone? Generation snowflake personified.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So the i360 is closed?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Is it just me or are the standards of Air Stewards slipping, not just in attractiveness (which is also true), but they used to always smile and make you feel welcome on a plane.

Now I feel like I am bothering them when I ask for a water or because my TV is broken...

Probably because they're underpaid . BA have also announced recently they want the crew to do a Santiago Chile trip on nightstop . It's a 17 hour duty without any delays, so add tiredness into that and that's probably why you're not getting a good service from the cabin crew .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think basically when they apply / do the training they are sold an image of a glamorous life and they ignore the pay. When they start the job they realise it's dealing with idiots, serving drinks, flogging teddy bears and endless nights in hotel rooms.
I think all companies like BA should value their staff more and reflect that in their salary but the job is easy, boring and on the whole populated by people who are not qualified in anything other than the training they got from BA.
I'm afraid I don't really feel sorry for them but if they want to strike, go for it, at least unlike SASTA, we have alternatives.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Absolutely - the ignorance of the general public (and I note the same faces here as on certain other threads) is overwhelming. One day one of these glorified waitresses may just save your life.

Really......:???:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Love all these people who have obviously never lived through a prolonged period of industrial unrest. It is shit trust me. As of now people are losing livelihoods, parcels may not arrive for Xmas, holidays next year will be disrupted, business will be disrupted and jobs will be lost. But that is all OK for an outdated ideaology that JC has made trendy again for those that have never really gone without. Gap year anyone? Generation snowflake personified.

Generation snowflake eh?

Says the man for who... "parcels may not arrive for Xmas"... is a major concern :lolol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Generation snowflake eh?

Says the man for who... "parcels may not arrive for Xmas"... is a major concern :lolol:

For me it is of no concern, but wait till little Jonny hasn't got his train set. Many of those advocating strike action would demand compo!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
For me it is of no concern, but wait till little Jonny hasn't got his train set. Many of those advocating strike action would demand compo!

But you listed it right up there with loss of livelihoods. You also listed next year's holidays being disrupted.

Are you really sure you're ready for Oz? You might end up melting over there....snowflake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here