Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Board - a poll

Since 'PooGate', in your opinion, have the Board been.....

• Inert?

Votes: 25 17.2%
  • Inept?

Votes: 104 71.7%
  • Effective?

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Decisive?

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's an obvious accusation on this thread that I can not allow to stand, so I will remove it now.

I do so with a heavy heart because I know I'll be subject to another barrage of criticism and abuse suggesting I am doing so at the request of the club. That is not the case, but I know that it will still happen.

If those making the accusation truly believe it to be true, I would encourage them to take it up with the club, preferably by following the chain of the story up. A board meeting has very few attendees, typically the board members themselves and a sole PA or similar minute taker, so sources for a leak are few in number.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
First of all, I personally know a number of the board members and not one of them would say that about the fans.

Secondly, they are all desperate for the team to succeed.

On the subject of being fans, I know Robert Comer quite well and he saw his first game in division 4 against Rochdale in 1964. He has stood on the terraces at the old Millwall ground and various other unpleasant places. So come on give the guys a chance they do care!

Even Cats do not get 17..18...19.... chances

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Complete nonsense. I know many many fans who don't post on Nsc.

Good, I can reply now.

I also know loads of fans who aren't on NSC but I do know that they too are very unhappy. I think you might have misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't saying NSC represents ALL fans but it most definitely is a good gauge because of the demographic that is NSC.

Goes without saying that the majority are unhappy. Look at The Argus comments after every article. Look on Facebook, Twitter. etc., etc.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
First of all, I personally know a number of the board members and not one of them would say that about the fans.

Secondly, they are all desperate for the team to succeed.

On the subject of being fans, I know Robert Comer quite well and he saw his first game in division 4 against Rochdale in 1964. He has stood on the terraces at the old Millwall ground and various other unpleasant places. So come on give the guys a chance they do care!

Wow, nearly 6 years for your 1st post.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good, I can reply now.

I also know loads of fans who aren't on NSC but I do know that they too are very unhappy. I think you might have misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't saying NSC represents ALL fans but it most definitely is a good gauge because of the demographic that is NSC.

Goes without saying that the majority are unhappy. Look at The Argus comments after every article. Look on Facebook, Twitter. etc., etc.

Fair comment, but I know a lot of people who would not log onto NSC to argue/debate the game/team etc.
I do agree the vast majority want Sami sacked.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Fair comment, but I know a lot of people who would not log onto NSC to argue/debate the game/team etc.
I do agree the vast majority want Sami sacked.

I'd go along with [MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION] on this one too. I know a fair few supporters who either never log on here or just lurk to avoid getting sucked into some of the nonsense.

In saying that I can't recall a time in the past 5 years where there has been such universal agreement on the cause of many of the problems now being faced (relegation zone type)

I would say the views of what I read on here, as much as can be generalised, are widely supported well beyond those that are posting

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd go along with [MENTION=459]Bwian[/MENTION] on this one too. I know a fair few supporters who either never log on here or just lurk to avoid getting sucked into some of the nonsense.

In saying that I can't recall a time in the past 5 years where there has been such universal agreement on the cause of many of the problems now being faced (relegation zone type)

I would say the views of what I read on here, as much as can be generalised, are widely supported well beyond those that are posting

Agreed. My immediate family have 6 seats in various parts of the Amex. I'm the only one who posts on here. All want Sami out.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Agreed. My immediate family have 6 seats in various parts of the Amex. I'm the only one who posts on here. All want Sami out.

Yep, my AMEX neighbours (who don't post here) want Sami out, as does my gf (who's not even a football fan), who is fed up of me complaining about why he hasn't already gone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

As I said, on this subject, the majority agree, whether on the Internet or not.

TH3S

Feb 10, 2009
Wow, nearly 6 years for your 1st post.

I'm one of those who can't usually be arsed to get sucked in, but this one has got me.

Football is suffering massively because of how ridiculously short-sighted everyone is these days, it is refreshing for the club to take a longer term view (relative as it is still football) and they should be congratulated. Even if it means that short term we take a step back to go forwards is necessary.

I for one would rather have someone in place for the next 3/5/10 years rather than having a new manager with new ideas coming in every season. If Sami has input in January signings and hasn't managed to change things then maybe he isn't the man that the club thought he was but you can't get the right man in every time.

Anyone knocking the Board should perhaps reveal their relevant experience and why they feel they could do better..........

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
So we are in the second tier of English football for a fourth consecutive season and in the last two have secured two of the clubs highest finishes on record and you want to brandish the board inept?

This season has been a shambles, but the OP's post and poll smacks of somebody whose personal issues with the club are deeply troubling

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I for one would rather have someone in place for the next 3/5/10 years rather than having a new manager with new ideas coming in every season. If Sami has input in January signings and hasn't managed to change things then maybe he isn't the man that the club thought he was but you can't get the right man in every time.

The point that most seem to be making (as I read it anyway) isn't that the Board got the appointment wrong but that they are now failing to recognise it.

I really can't see what waiting for the window is going to accomplish. He has a pretty decent squad now but you only have to watch what's happening on the pitch to see the somewhat crazy tactics that we're using.

As a secondary point the club have said all along that they are going to persevere with a style of football that will run right through all ranks of the club. That being the case then surely Burke should be able to recruit the players that fit the style and the difference Hypia adds must be limited. Furthermore does anyone recognise the brand of football currently being played? I certainly don't

I'm not a hire and fire merchant but I certainly can recognise when I've made a bad hire!

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm one of those who can't usually be arsed to get sucked in, but this one has got me.

Football is suffering massively because of how ridiculously short-sighted everyone is these days, it is refreshing for the club to take a longer term view (relative as it is still football) and they should be congratulated. Even if it means that short term we take a step back to go forwards is necessary.

Anyone knocking the Board should perhaps reveal their relevant experience and why they feel they could do better..........

After the last few years on the management merry-go-round i'm sure that 99% of supporters want some continuity. Unfortunately SH clearly has no idea what he is doing from team selection, formation to tactics.

Relegation will hit the Albion really hard & it could take years to build things back to the level they have been to over the last few years.

As others have said there will be a hell of lot of people not renewing their season tickets. I know 3 that didn't even bother leaving the pub in Lewes on Friday because of what's been on offer this season & definately will not renew.

Of course football goes in circles & not every season can be full of highs but even the bad one's shouldn't be this shambolic.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames

Welcome to NSC, Mr Bloom. Having someone in place for a long period of time is a good idea, if they're up to the job. Sami isn't, so get him out.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Welcome to NSC, Mr Bloom. Having someone in place for a long period of time is a good idea, if they're up to the job. Sami isn't, so get him out.

Quite clearly a board member or someone closely connected. Who joined the club around Feb 2009?.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011

Yep. ALL my friends want Sami out. ALL my Old Man's 1901 mates want Sami out. All the people around us in the North want Sami out. Mostly they are not NSCers or any kind of social media types. Can simply see the tactical ineptitude that the Board seem blind to. They ALL also agree that recruitment has been abysmal but can see through it so as not to dilute their opinion about Sami.

It is 95% on here in the polls and 95% out there on the streets.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Or a mod could check whether it's an Australian registered IP address. But they wouldn't do that, would they now..... :glare:

They might have already done so of course. It's not an Australian IP address. Then again, if it were, I wouldn't say it was as that would lead to all sorts of comments about the possible identity of the poster, which would be likely to be unhelpful. I'm sure if s/he is happy to tell us who they are, they will do so, just like everyone else does on here. Oh wait... :thumbsup:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Or a mod could check whether it's an Australian registered IP address. But they wouldn't do that, would they now..... :glare:

To be honest, I don't know him, but TB would appear to me to be the last person to become embroiled on an internet forum. The type of language from this particular poster though suggests to me someone has taken the criticism personally especially with the 'relevant experience' line.

So we are in the second tier of English football for a fourth consecutive season and in the last two have secured two of the clubs highest finishes on record and you want to brandish the board inept?

This season has been a shambles, but the OP's post and poll smacks of somebody whose personal issues with the club are deeply troubling

I disagree. Paul seems to me to be just like most fans - genuinely troubled by the fact that things are obviously going seriously wrong, yet with no clear understanding of why this is so. Is just the manager? Or the players? Or the board? The impression I get is that there are some people at the heart of things who have cocked up, who are perfectly happy that poor old Sami Hyypia is taking all the blame. In these circumstances, it's not unreasonable to start questioning the board. That's all this thread is doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here