Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lukaku - Retrospective Action

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would use any ruse to get into a Brighton game that had sold out. Some of the members used to use theirs to go Chelsea Spurs or whatever team they wanted to watch.

Including getting the match ABANDONED if they didn't find you a ticket :lolol:

Bloody hell BG, you are on top form tonight. The very notion that a Championship match would actually be CALLED OFF because some unknown stuffed shirt on a local county FA couldn't get a ticket is absolutely ludicrous. Do you REALLY think thats actually what could have happened ?? Can you imagine the fallout ? Sky Sports tickertape: "Crystal Palace v Brighton: Match called off - BG couldn't get a ticket" :lolol:

Give your head a wobble chap.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well, I can hardly blame you for trying it on. And you can hardly blame Palace for getting stroppy.

But I still don't believe Les Smith (County Sec) would have called it off.

I dont know and we never found out but I do know that he hated the Palace hierarchy for their superior attitude.so anything was possible. No need for Palace to get stroppy as they gave me a ticket right up in the corner of their stand and I couldnt see that much anyway so they couldnt have sold the ticket as the game was declared a sell out and they lost no money. Had they found me a decent seat and charged me I would willingly have paid as using my county pass was a last resort to get into the game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Including getting the match ABANDONED if they didn't find you a ticket :lolol:

Bloody hell BG, you are on top form tonight. The very notion that a Championship match would actually be CALLED OFF because some unknown stuffed shirt on a local county FA couldn't get a ticket is absolutely ludicrous. Do you REALLY think thats actually what could have happened ?? Can you imagine the fallout ? Sky Sports tickertape: "Crystal Palace v Brighton: Match called off - BG couldn't get a ticket" :lolol:

Give your head a wobble chap.

Rules are rules and the pass said on it that it gives guaranteed admittance to any game under the jurisdiction of the English FA. A friend of mine used his to get into the Brighton v Walton cup replay and had no problem as BHA gave him a seat. As I am lead to believe they did for many Sussex County FA members for most games at The Goldstone. It wasnt anything to do with me as a a person it was the fact that it was a Surrey Country FA official member.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Does anyone actually know for a fact if BG is a) real b) being 100% serious.

I love you BG! Never change!

Surely SOMEONE from NSC must have met him by now? I swear he is a very clever & funny parody account.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rules are rules and the pass said on it that it gives guaranteed admittance to any game under the jurisdiction of the English FA. A friend of mine used his to get into the Brighton v Walton cup replay and had no problem as BHA gave him a seat.

In the 150 years of the Football Association, has a match EVER been cancelled in advance, because a councellor couldn't get a ticket to a match ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont know and totally immaterial as to what may have happened as obviously any club even Man Utd if pushed to the extreme would have done what Palace did and found a seat so it is unlikely to be tested and nobody is in a position to say what would have happened as I would expect that Les Smith is long gone now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Alan? Get me the press office now. The game's off".

"What do you mean, the game's off? The pitch looks absolutely fine"

"It's off, we need to get the message out, and fast, before 15,000 fans turn up"

"What on earth has happened? Has one of the stands fallen down? Dougie Freedman been taken ill? Is Kelvin Morton not available?"

"Well some old boy who's a Brighton fan and who could get into the game anyway using his Surrey County FA pass has kicked off because we won't give him a separate ticket, so the local FA have ordered that the entire match be cancelled"

"Seems reasonable. I'll let the police know".

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
"Alan? Get me the press office now. The game's off".

"What do you mean, the game's off? The pitch looks absolutely fine"

"It's off, we need to get the message out, and fast, before 15,000 fans turn up"

"What on earth has happened? Has one of the stands fallen down? Dougie Freedman been taken ill? Is Kelvin Morton not available?"

"Well some old boy who's a Brighton fan and who could get into the game anyway using his Surrey County FA pass has kicked off because we won't give him a separate ticket, so the local FA have ordered that the entire match be cancelled"

"Seems reasonable. I'll let the police know".

I wasnt an old boy then plus Les Smith knew they would find me, a Surrey FA official , a ticket. This carried more threat as it was played in Surrey so there would have been no argument and although the police control most of football they would have had no say over the matter other than to perhaps advise Palace to find a seat. which they actually did do and thus avoid any problem.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Hey @BG, did you have anything to do with this?...:lolol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42129313

_98941595_76306bb9-dd5f-488f-855a-50efb99db59b.jpg

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I wasnt an old boy then plus Les Smith knew they would find me, a Surrey FA official , a ticket. This carried more threat as it was played in Surrey so there would have been no argument and although the police control most of football they would have had no say over the matter other than to perhaps advise Palace to find a seat. which they actually did do and thus avoid any problem.

Have you ever thought of using your powers for good ? Get the trains running or something like that ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's long been evident that the problems with the England team are down to the way the old duffers at the FA run football in this country. Is anyone surprised that BG was one of them?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's long been evident that the problems with the England team are down to the way the old duffers at the FA run football in this country. Is anyone surprised that BG was one of them?

How many times I wasnt an Old Duffer then. In actual fact on disciplinary cases I was usually against the majority as they believed everything as described by a ref and I didnt I said that they were as likely as anybody to make a mistake. This upset a lot of the older members that I doubted a refs version of events.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A younger BG would still be equally bright and stubborn.

That is why my mum wanted me to either go into politics and become an MP or be a barrister.. Before getting diagnosed with mouth cancer in 1994 I considered studying to become a solicitor but then thought who would give a 58 year old, which I would have been when I qualified, a job when young recently qualified couldnt find a job. so dropped the idea.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Please stop I’m laughing out loud here!

Does anyone actually know for a fact if BG is a) real b) being 100% serious.

I love you BG! Never change!
Yes, definitely real, and no, not serious. He loves winding people up.

Surely SOMEONE from NSC must have met him by now? I swear he is a very clever & funny parody account.

Yes, I have.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here