Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone know of any IMMINENT player signings by the albion?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would love to see 6 or 7 come in but wont hold my breath abd woukd expect 4 maximum 2 signed for a fee and 2 loans or free signings

You do know how many players have left, I presume? 6 or 7 barely gets us up to strength!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Last season players returned for pre-season on June 24th.

This season starts a week later because of the world cup, so maybe they will be due in a week later, but it's also the new training site, so they might want players to come in a week earlier than they otherwise would, just to give everyone a chance to settle in without getting used to the new place interfering with things.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I know the backroom are moving into the training ground on Friday but I think the players are another 2 weeks or so from returning. Not long we have already signed a player though.

The players have got their first pre-season friendly 2 weeks today so it wont be longer than a week before pre-season training starts, probably later next week I would imagine.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yep. The first friendly is v Lewes on July 5th. I'll assume that training starts on mon June 30th.
The trip to Spain is from the 9th/18th. Crawley is 23rd, Peterborough 26th, Southampton 30th and then Sheff Weds on 9th Aug. (from memory so dates might be slightly out)

Comes round quick again !

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think the players go to Lancing on Thursday & Friday for their fitness tests, for most players it will be their first look at the facilities! Already seen two comments from Crofts and Stephens heaping praise on the place.

I would hope that we sign 2 or 3 players next week before they return for good on Mon 30th. I should imagine it'll probably be that Finnish goalkeeper and Centre Back, plus Ward (hopefully)

I can see signing a striker being the tricky one

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think it was said that the completion date of the training ground is the 27th, then the players come back 3 days later on the 30th.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just before the season starts I think there may be a glut of players who have been released from clubs and also some overrated players, who's greedy agents will not be able to find then places because of their price tag.
We will be picking the bones out of them I expect.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Hopefully this is the argus filling column inches since they are not getting any information from the club rather than the level of signings we can expect. With charlton splashing 2.4m on a striker I am hoping for more than just youth team prospects however good they may be down the line.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully this is the argus filling column inches since they are not getting any information from the club rather than the level of signings we can expect. With charlton splashing 2.4m on a striker I am hoping for more than just youth team prospects however good they may be down the line.
Who have they signed as I have missed that one.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Agree with OzMike that with FFP kicking in, there will be some real bargains towards the end of the window, with players trying to maintain unachievable salaries and Agents setting unreal expectations for their 'clients'.

What we really need is a cold-blooded, steeleye-eyed poker player who won't fold too early

Plus the added bonus of record setting bedwetting and binfestery on here - every ones a winner :thumbsup:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Were after " Arfur Daley " from Chelski !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here