Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Its also worth saying that those who call for getting rid of unlimited freedom of movement within Europe are not talking about closing borders. This is an accusation used to shut down debate. Instead, what is envisaged is control over freedom of movement and is much the same arrangement as we have with many countries worldwide ie we can have visa free travel and if someone is offered a job in another country the necessary work permit would be issued. The change on current policy is that people cannot move to another country to look for a job and by stopping this we take the pressure off local unskilled workers and allow wages to rise. This is quite clearly not a bigoted position but the establishment has saught to make it so. It is a measure the EU could have brought in to better represent the views of its citizens but it chose not to.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I see McDOnnell and Corbyn have managed to really piss off Heidi Alexander, who actually seems like she would be able to take the Tories on, IMO.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've just had a tenner on Andy Burnham to be next leader. I know he wants to be mayor of Manchester but the leader's job will be a temptation.

My guess is that Corbyn may well go but will be reluctant to let one of the plotters take over. Burnham has stayed loyal and is probably the most left of the centre ground.

He and Corbyn could probably work out a deal where he supports some of Corbyn's positions, particularly in giving members more power. It will also be a lot easier to be anti-austerity if May becomes Tory leader, as she's taking off Osborne's strait-jacket.

Burnham is also riding high after his work on the Hillsborough campaign so he'd have wider backing

Of course, Corbyn could stick on to the end and tear the party apart but if he does want a compromise, I can't see many better candidates

All this rests upon Corbyn not being stubborn. He's proved to be very stubborn thus far.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I've just had a tenner on Andy Burnham to be next leader. I know he wants to be mayor of Manchester but the leader's job will be a temptation.

My guess is that Corbyn may well go but will be reluctant to let one of the plotters take over. Burnham has stayed loyal and is probably the most left of the centre ground.

He and Corbyn could probably work out a deal where he supports some of Corbyn's positions, particularly in giving members more power. It will also be a lot easier to be anti-austerity if May becomes Tory leader, as she's taking off Osborne's strait-jacket.

Burnham is also riding high after his work on the Hillsborough campaign so he'd have wider backing

Of course, Corbyn could stick on to the end and tear the party apart but if he does want a compromise, I can't see many better candidates

I said that earlier, Burnham has showed loyalty unlike the other traitors so will be in a pole position should Corbyn stand down, I would imagine many of the 172 snakes will be looking for new careers though

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
James O'Brien on LBC described Corbyn and his followers position as "... a psychopathic refusal to admit that any one else's opinion is valid" - discuss.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Yet another STUNNING triumph for Jeremy Corby, at Wednesdays' PMQs he demands that Dodgy Dave removes the 2020 Fiscal Surplus plans, DD refused but today Gideon announces the 2020 Fiscal surplus target is suspended. The Chicken Coup MP's and their supporters looking more foolish by the day, wait for next Wednesday when their leader has to face the Chilcot report and that will be the last of them.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
James O'Brien on LBC described Corbyn and his followers position as "... a psychopathic refusal to admit that any one else's opinion is valid" - discuss.
Could equally well be used to describe, for example, Call-me-Dave's position in the recent referendum.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Political party relies on 3 things:

Members, MPs and the Electorate.

Unfortunately those three things within the Labour Party are moving in the opposite direction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here