Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League Draft.

Oct 25, 2003
nice job taking my first two choices for midfield gnlf!

i'll ignore midfield for the minute then and complete my front line with the best striker about today. Two league titles to his name with plenty to come

Sergio 'kun' Aguero

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Dear fellow managers,

Not a pick has gone by that hasn't made me genuinely angry. I'm going to have to insist that people stop picking players that I want. Is that so unreasonable?

Sincerely,

Shatner's Bassoon.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I have an utter belter in mind but I bet he goes before I get my pick.....

Oct 25, 2003
i reckon the first few rounds are frustrating but you still have a lit of top players knocking about. The tough bit is the last 2 or 3 rounds when you're scrambling about for quality, all the time knowing that theres probably a complete diamond lurking about that you've missed

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
i reckon the first few rounds are frustrating but you still have a lit of top players knocking about. The tough bit is the last 2 or 3 rounds when you're scrambling about for quality, all the time knowing that theres probably a complete diamond lurking about that you've missed

I actually think it gets slightly easier towards the end (although obviously you have to have an eye on the categories). In the first couple of rounds you really want to get as many of the genuinely 'elite' players as you can, whereas for me there are a lot of pretty good players to be picked up towards the end.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
And there i was hoping beyond hope that my 2 preferred central midfielders (Vieira and Keane) would go unpicked before my next turn, some hope :nono: and with my preferred strikers (Shearer and Henry) and Goalkeeper (Schmichael) also gone, there isn't much left from my best starting XI and we have only just reached the start of the 2nd round of picks and still a long way to go before my second choice :(

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
There is an alternative way to do the picks in future if everyone feels the current way takes too long or/and is inflexible.

Next time someone could act as the main player registrar. Managers could blindly submit their player wished for before a given deadline / cut off point per selection round. The players that do not have more than one manager vying for them automatically gets assigned to a team, but when a duplication occurs, the managers then make another blind choice (the player is still technically available, so could be re-selected), this goes on until each team has a full squad. Would certainly make things a little fairer.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
There is an alternative way to do the picks in future if everyone feels the current way takes too long or/and is inflexible.

Next time someone could act as the main player registrar. Managers could blindly submit their player wished for before a given deadline / cut off point per selection round. The players that do not have more than one manager vying for them automatically gets assigned to a team, but when a duplication occurs, the managers then make another blind choice (the player is still technically available, so could be re-selected), this goes on until each team has a full squad. Would certainly make things a little fairer.

We've done a couple of drafts already and it's worked well. No need to change the format at all

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Can i make my pick then :love::love:

280x425.jpg

David Robert Joseph Beckham

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Nope sorry missed it due to being in Blackpool/ My pick was in the middle of the night..

If you miss your go, it doesn't mean you lose it. It just means the next person can go. You can make your pick as soon as you are online - the penalty is that the player you wanted may have been picked by the next person/people

EDIT: Ignore, I didn't see you'd picked in the next post so you clearly already knew

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here