Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Lenihan - Cork City

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
Would he not have had a medical at each club as part of the process/talks?

I was thinking the same. who's to say he didn't have a medical down here on Sunday. It is widely reported that he will be meeting with both clubs before making a decision, maybe a medical is just part of this procedure.

or maybe I'm just being optimistic...

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
If you have a 2 year time frame that might be true. However, with his potential he needs first team matches to get the exposure to get first team premier league exposure. I'd say the Brighton route provides more long term potential (and hence money), unless he gets some guaranteed first team action for Hull. Unlikely....

Again money talks I'm afraid. He will see all his mates earning a wedge and want some of it. I would hope for him here and will be pleasantly surprised if he signs for us. Unfortunately the majority of youngsters want dosh in their pockets and who can blame them.

My point is that career earning would be higher if he started with Brighton rather than Hull, but he may not see past the immediate pay cheque

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We may have a better stadium, better training ground and more fans but most footballers wouldn't look past Hull's Premier league status.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Would he not have had a medical at each club as part of the process/talks?

clutching_at_straws.jpg

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'd be very surprised as well.

Not that bothered, though, we'll pick up someone else decent instead next summer.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Lenihan's defensive colleague Darren Dennehy has suggested that the Irish contingent at Hull, which includes Corkman David Meyler, could sway the 20-year-old in that direction."He will get a feel for places when he goes over and see where he feels more comfortable and make his decision," said Dennehy. "Hull have more Irish boys and that might favour him but I don't know.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I was thinking the same. who's to say he didn't have a medical down here on Sunday. It is widely reported that he will be meeting with both clubs before making a decision, maybe a medical is just part of this procedure.

or maybe I'm just being optimistic...

I'm sure I read somewhere that he had a medical here on Sunday so wouldn't read anything in to Twitter rumours. He probably will still choose Hull but don't think we can assume based on Twitter.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It does appear that the chap who posted the Twitter entry was at the training ground. As the announcement is due today, it looks like he has chosen them. Still, we know the Albion are looking for players that are attracted by Premier League teams, so that shows 'ambition' me thinks.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We may have a better stadium, better training ground and more fans but most footballers wouldn't look past Hull's Premier league status.

1024px-KC_Stadium.JPG

Nice ground. The training facilities are being upgraded. You are right about their current status, but there would be many other factors. They are investing in training facilities, as it appears that they don't (or didn't) have category 1 or 2 status.

There average crowds are around 24,000.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Brian Lenihan will sign for Hull City on Monday

Cork City full-back Brian Lenihan WILL become a Hull City player on Monday, according to the Irish Examiner.

The Tigers have held off competition from Brighton and are putting the finishing touches to a deal this weekend.

Lenihan, 20, is regarded as one of Ireland's brightest up-and-coming stars.

Read more: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull...tory-22852591-detail/story.html#ixzz3ByXFfYpp

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Brian Lenihan will sign for Hull City on Monday

Cork City full-back Brian Lenihan WILL become a Hull City player on Monday, according to the Irish Examiner.

The Tigers have held off competition from Brighton and are putting the finishing touches to a deal this weekend.

Lenihan, 20, is regarded as one of Ireland's brightest up-and-coming stars.

Read more: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull...tory-22852591-detail/story.html#ixzz3ByXFfYpp

But when I looked at The Irish Examiner it was quoting from the Hull Daily Mail...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here