Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do we always bottle the big games?

Claretnblue

Apr 29, 2016
Lol must admit it doesn't read well ... what I'm trying to say is that u have to fight for it ... we had barton and Boyd ! U have Stephens and Bruno ... top players

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Probably still going up but we do seem to f**k these games up fact! Derby in the play-offs, The Massive last season and Burnley and Derby at home, Palace also we f**k them up :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Right. That year we played Derby we snuck into the playoffs with a last gasp goal at Forest. Derby, if I recall, were one of the best outfits in the league that season and we were quite categorically second best and frankly lucky to even be there.

Last season we lost out on promotion by two goals leading us to our second 'bottling' in which we lost FOUR players to injury in the first leg and were unlucky not to be three up in the first twenty minutes of the second leg.

For my money our only ever legitimate bottling was, as you say, against Palace.

But whatever, sure, we're bottlers.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Right. That year we played Derby we snuck into the playoffs with a last gasp goal at Forest. Derby, if I recall, were one of the best outfits in the league that season and we were quite categorically second best and frankly lucky to even be there.

Last season we lost out on promotion by two goals leading us to our second 'bottling' in which we lost FOUR players to injury in the first leg and were unlucky not to be three up in the first twenty minutes of the second leg.

For my money our only ever legitimate bottling was, as you say, against Palace.

But whatever, sure, we're bottlers.

Read my post mate didn't say we were bottlers just said we f**k up the games that matter!

Claretnblue

Apr 29, 2016
U may not like Barton but he is the reason wer mid table now. U will need this type of player next yr ... watch Colbeck when knocky tried to take a quick throw in . THAT is the premier league. If ur naive u get beat.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
U may not like Barton but he is the reason wer mid table now. U will need this type of player next yr ... watch Colbeck when knocky tried to take a quick throw in . THAT is the premier league. If ur naive u get beat.

We couldn't afford Barton mate :lolol:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Ever since we've moved to the Amex, we always manage to **** up the biggest games. After we went 1-0 up we should have gone for the throat, instead we tried to put 11 men behind the ball for most of the remaning time and got what we deserved. Yes Newcastle's 1st was a bit fortunate but that is going to happen if you keep giving them the ball back and allow them too much space.

I'm not overreacting btw, I still think we're in a healthy position but people on here need to stop banging on about us being 'Champions', we saw them playing tonight and it wasn't us, lets hope we can get over the line in 2nd, hopefully we've got some more winnable games on the horizon.

This, why can't we play like we did on Saturday in every game.
Chalk and cheese tactics.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ever since we've moved to the Amex, we always manage to **** up the biggest games. After we went 1-0 up we should have gone for the throat, instead we tried to put 11 men behind the ball for most of the remaning time and got what we deserved. Yes Newcastle's 1st was a bit fortunate but that is going to happen if you keep giving them the ball back and allow them too much space.

I'm not overreacting btw, I still think we're in a healthy position but people on here need to stop banging on about us being 'Champions', we saw them playing tonight and it wasn't us, lets hope we can get over the line in 2nd, hopefully we've got some more winnable games on the horizon.
ain't this the truth. And a request from me to the rest of the North Stand. If we can ditch the we're already promoted songs that the footballing gods are taking a dim view towards, that would be good. From a self respect perspective if nothing else. Even heavy drinking isn't an excuse. We ain't on our way just yet. We're if anything likely to **** up if you look at the history books. Just saying. Like.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Always is an exaggeration.

If we had drawn against Reading & Newcastle we'd have been 1 point worse off now. Mandy's the time I read that we'd rather have a win & a defeat, than two draws.

We have got a good record against the top 6. Newcastle are the only team that are going to take 6 points off of us this season. That is a fact.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
ain't this the truth. And a request from me to the rest of the North Stand. If we can ditch the we're already promoted songs that the footballing gods are taking a dim view towards, that would be good. From a self respect perspective if nothing else. Even heavy drinking isn't an excuse. We ain't on our way just yet. We're if anything likely to **** up if you look at the history books. Just saying. Like.

Superstitious nonsense.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I'd rather get relegated than have Barton in my team.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Superstitious nonsense.
what's superstitious. We look extremely capable of blowing our automatic chances and only an idiot thinks we can go up via the POs...so why sing (in February) that we're on our way? I'd leave it until we've bossed the other two likely candidates. Which btw we haven't. In fact we're last or 1st loser in that mini league. So it's a bit premature to sing that song.
Some would say arrogant. And they've got a point. I just hope to God we don't end up with the proverbial egg wiping exercise.

Claretnblue

Apr 29, 2016
Whilst u may not like Barton he is a superb midfielder . There are comments saying u would rather be relegated but Ramires should be the target of your aggression .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
what's superstitious. We look extremely capable of blowing our automatic chances and only an idiot thinks we can go up via the POs...so why sing (in February) that we're on our way? I'd leave it until we've bossed the other two likely candidates. Which btw we haven't. In fact we're last or 1st loser in that mini league. So it's a bit premature to sing that song.
Some would say arrogant. And they've got a point. I just hope to God we don't end up with the proverbial egg wiping exercise.

There are no footballing gods to upset.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here