Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber on Albion match day ticket prices

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
£32 ticket (print at home), free travel from Eastbourne (return), 4 beers.

£48 spend

⚽⚽⚽️-⚽⚽

Far cheaper than an afternoon at any other major sporting event. In fact less than £10 ph!

Seeing the winner go over the line - priceless

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What about if you don't use the travel subsidy...many thousands do walk,drive etc.

As I wrote on another thread, when I come by car, I park at Mithras House and prefer the walk. On the way back, on average 2 to 3 would be walking, once you get to the railway bridge. It might look as if loads walk when they go past Falmer Station, but is not any great distance, mostly to bridge car park.
I appreciate that for some, the car is the best method - difficulty walking/live in the countryside/etc etc but would hazard a guess that for most, it is just convenience and the choice they made, rather than use public transport and take advantage of the subsidy. Very occasionally, a mate comes who prefers to park at bridge - he could easily come by train as I largely do, but wants to get home early. That is not in any way intended as a criticism, but there are limits to what the club can do .

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Why move if you live within a 2 mile walk to the Amex :glare:

More season ticket holders benefit from the travel subsidy than the few that live locally and can walk.
Some have to benefit more than others, maybe they are rewarded for their effort and travelling so far than those strolling to the ground,
Its the way the s**t splashes.

You could always send Paul Barber another e-mail asking for a reduced price for those that live local.:wink:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I would just like Paul Barber to answer the question. ( In one paragraph ) What does he think reason is that more people don't buy match day tickets.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
More season ticket holders benefit from the travel subsidy than the few that live locally and can walk.
Some have to benefit more than others, maybe they are rewarded for their effort and travelling so far than those strolling to the ground,
Its the way the s**t splashes.

Maybe, but the travel SURCHARGE which is built into the ticket price can be construed as a tax on local fans. We had a decade of it at Withdean.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Maybe, but the travel SURCHARGE which is built into the ticket price can be construed as a tax on local fans. We had a decade of it at Withdean.

Yep. I am always supportive of transparent and deaveraged pricing. This isnt. Rife with cross subsidies

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Dear Mr Barber,

The free wifi was awful yesterday, please can i have some money back?

Thanks.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I would just like Paul Barber to answer the question. ( In one paragraph ) What does he think reason is that more people don't buy match day tickets.

It's because there's a limited market, as 20 000 fans have already bought 23 match season tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here