Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Naylor Tweet

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The player we hope to sign today was the one we had hoped to complete yesterday.

Given we expected to sign Ward yesterday, I'd be surprised if it is another full-back. But I'm putting 2 and 2 together there...

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
Not sure if his name has been thrown in to the hat already but didn't I read somewhere that Milan Baros is currently without a club? Liverpool connections, ageing player with International & Prem experience, and most pertinently, a free transfer. To coin a much used NSC phrase, could do a job?

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Robinson - interesting byline - With opportunities at Anfield limited, so as to gain first team experience, Robinson was loaned out to Championship side Wolverhampton Wanderers in February 2013 for the remainder of the 2012–13 season.[12] He went straight into the Wolves starting line-up in place of the experienced Stephen Ward and soon established himself as a key player in their ultimately unsuccessful battle against relegation.

So he was better than Ward - but they still got relegated. Still cannot hold him solely responsible for that so sounds promising.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Steve Heighway. .ideal replacement for Buckley.... Not sure if he's alive which could be a drawback

No, he's going to Palace now. That's what all this resignation business surrounding Pulis is about, as the board at Selhurst had agreed a deal to bring the moustachioed former Liverpool man in. Pulis then told Steve Parish "It's my way or the Heighway".

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
God, I really hope it's got something to do with Piglets Pantry and Scouse pies. That one I had in the concourse at Anfield was delicious in a filthy kind of way. Fingers crossed

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The player we hope to sign today was the one we had hoped to complete yesterday.

Given we expected to sign Ward yesterday, I'd be surprised if it is another full-back. But I'm putting 2 and 2 together there...

Are u sure using logic at the moment is wise

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Expect it to be Jack Robinson.

However Tiago Ilori at CB wouldn't be a bad shout, or Jordan Ibe, or even Suso (unrealistic?).

Samed Yesil is a striker who has played for both Leverkusen and Liverpool....

By all accounts a useful winger. Was on loan at Almeria last year. Not totally unrealistic. We could probably afford him, just a question of whether he would drop a league. That said, he was in their squad for the Champions Cup. So maybe not.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

What was it you said yesterday about commenting on transfers? #BozzaPutsASpannerInTheWorks

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Is it someone we have heard of ? Well, at least someone we can look up on Wiki and pretend we know all about him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here