Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking At This Peppa Pig Thing Objectively...

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Surely if this Peppa Pig event was likely to affect the football, the club would have asked for an away game on that date but as they haven't, i'd assume that the 2 events can run side by side without any problems.

Sounds like some are over-thinking this.

Don't you only get one away game request a season? It may have been used for something else.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Don't you only get one away game request a season? It may have been used for something else.

When they did a piece (last year i think) on how the fixtures are worked out, i thought that they said that clubs pass on any dates which may cause a problem if a home game is scheduled and this is taken into consideration when the fixtures are worked out (most isn't done by a computer either)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not sure why the Peppa Pig organisers couldn't have chosen a Sunday, knowing there was a good chance it could clash with football on the Saturday - or even had it the week before, before the season starts. Doesn't take a lot of intelligence to realise there could be difficulties with both events running alongside each other.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Not sure why the Peppa Pig organisers couldn't have chosen a Sunday, knowing there was a good chance it could clash with football on the Saturday - or even had it the week before, before the season starts. Doesn't take a lot of intelligence to realise there could be difficulties with both events running alongside each other.

The previous week is pride, and while there's not likely a lot of cross over in audience, putting your event up against one of the scale of pride is just dumb.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So it's not as 'peppa pig concert' then...

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
They couldn't run it the week before as pride have had that week booked since last year.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
IMO kids are spoilt and given everything handed to them on a plate in this day and age. Make the little sods understand the concept of disappointment early so life doesn't come to kick them in the arse at a later date :D

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
When they did a piece (last year i think) on how the fixtures are worked out, i thought that they said that clubs pass on any dates which may cause a problem if a home game is scheduled and this is taken into consideration when the fixtures are worked out (most isn't done by a computer either)

You can definitely only make one request, which would've been the tour of Britain day. It would be impossible to arrange the fixtures if every club could make as many requests as they wanted.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I believe you can request more than one, but you're only likely to get one accommodated.

The Football League, for example, sends out a questionnaire to all their clubs in March. This is a club's opportunity to request specific dates they would like to avoid and what other team they would like to be paired with. The questionnaire is jointly signed off by the police and also reflects their concerns - issues such as ensuring high-profile matches do not clash with big events in a city.

The process of sequencing took Thompson 10 days this year - and once the season finished he plotted his pairings into a grid and started wading through the lists of requests from the clubs and the police. Snellgrove estimated there were about 90 this year from the Premier and Football League clubs, while on average Thompson reckons about 80% of the home and away requests are accommodated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/legacy/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here