Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are the most ANNOYING type of people on trains?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Railway Enforcement Officers.

I find their demeanour and approach to ticket inspection extremely insulting.

I have been stopped on a platform and asked to produce my ticket on three separate occasions. Each time I have been made to feel like a criminal, for standing on a platform waiting for a train.

Same here, when I was 13 a rotund guy (looks like the slightly chubby officer in CSI Las Vegas) got on and went all official about Transport Police etc. Got my ticket out of my pocket and showed him and he slunk off with "owright."

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
yes, but that barrier may have been unmanned for a short while, AND ALSO THEY ARE DOING A VALID JOB IN DETECTING FAIR DODGERS, not rocket science:facepalm:
regards
DR

I appear to have touched a nerve.
My mistake. I have re-thought my position and now agree with you. It's a very very valid function. Covering for a the ticket barrier staff's tea break. Normally in groups of 4 or 5 at a time.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
People who are on their own and choose to sit on a table seat.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Last edited:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
people who rather than simply move up, do a timid moving of their knees a few degrees to grudgingly let someone through onto a middle seat. life would be a lot better if people could just budge up rather than that silly reluctant minimal possible effort thing. blokes who do it to women i think need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
It appears there are two groups in society. Those that happily naus up their fellow humans at every opportunity and glean a wry pleasure from it, and the semi-permanently affronted on the end of this behaviour. Is it possible to choose what group you are in, or is it just fate ???

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It appears there are two groups in society. Those that happily naus up their fellow humans at every opportunity and glean a wry pleasure from it, and the semi-permanently affronted on the end of this behaviour. Is it possible to choose what group you are in, or is it just fate ???

Don't really like either group.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I appear to have touched a nerve.
My mistake. I have re-thought my position and now agree with you. It's a very very valid function. Covering for a the ticket barrier staff's tea break. Normally in groups of 4 or 5 at a time.

You may not have gone through the barrier. Could have hopped off another train....just sayin' :lolol:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
People who are on their own and choose to sit on a table seat.

What if they want leg room, a plug socket, somewhere to put stuff near them for easy access…etc?

First Come, First Served. If it has a reservation, don't sit in it.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Children who grab the fold down tray on the back of the airline style seats and when it gives a loud squeak as it rapidly lowers, then pump the thing up and down in rapid succession, while it gives off increasingly ear-piercing squeals of a tone similar to nails being dragged down a blackboard (showing my age with that reference) sometimes laughing manically. Worse are the parents who fail to stop them immediately. Amazed we've got to 7 pages without this coming up. Is it only me who has experienced this torture?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Children who grab the fold down tray on the back of the airline style seats and when it gives a loud squeak as it rapidly lowers, then pump the thing up and down in rapid succession, while it gives off increasingly ear-piercing squeals of a tone similar to nails being dragged down a blackboard (showing my age with that reference) sometimes laughing manically. Worse are the parents who fail to stop them immediately. Amazed we've got to 7 pages without this coming up. Is it only me who has experienced this torture?

Me too, actually!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
In no particular order:

1. Cyclists where only bicycles that are allowed are the folding ones, but they do not fold their bikes
2. Cyclists at other times that block the doors
3. People who put bags on seats to claim two seats to themselves
4. Obese people who are too large for the seating put sit down anyway
5. People eating, particularly hot food
6. People putting make up on
7. People making long telephone calls
8. People answering a telephone call where the second phrase is 'i'm on the train'
9. Children who make too much noise
10. Children who fail to sit still
11. Loud music
12. People who place there feet on seats opposite
13. People who pretend to be asleep when the ticket checker comes round
14. People without a ticket who say they have only just got on the train despite being on for several stations at least.
15. People who talk the whole journey
16. People who are unable to work out which part of the train goes to Lewes or Worthing at Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here