Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom - Sami is here to stay

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm sorry is this part of the in depth interview Naylor promised us on Sami and tomorrow the transfers....

If so that is nothing but sound bites, I mean what else can he say.... He can't say I think I made a boo boo, or he has two games to turn it round. Not the explosive no questions dodged interview I was expecting.

Nothing to see here.

To be fair this is just a couple of quotes
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/11595001.Tony_Bloom__Sami_Hyypia_is_here_to_stay/
from a long interview in the paper.

As for TB then as well as Andy Naylor he's also giving long and frank interviews, if previous events are anything to go by, with Johnny Cantor from Radio Sussex (will be available on BBC Sport online) and also at a public event on Thursday. The Seagulls over London club thing.
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/bloom-set-for-london-qa-2045277.aspx

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
On Radio Sussex at 7.50am... headline quote from that interview ..."squad is strong enough for the play-offs" - have fun with that one fellow NSCers

[tweet]532424650664722432[/tweet]

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Glad to see he is holding his nerve and not pandering to the " sack the manager after a few weeks of indifferent results " brigade.

'A few weeks'!!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Bloom on signings in January
"Prices can be ridiculous, but right player, right price - we will do"
[tweet]532438578790694912[/tweet]

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Just heard the interview on Radio Sussex and they only played 30 seconds or so so little to add to the tweets. They will probably have the full interview with Johnny Cantor up online in an hour or two which will have more detail.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Has anyone asked him about prices of tickets and food given that only 16,000 went to the Wigan match and about 19,000 for the Blackburn game and most home games before that.

Surely they must be desperately concerned about this.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I said in the summer we are sleepwalking towards relegation and am still of the same opinion. The performances have been toothless and vulnerable while recruitment decisions have been a total shambles. Bloom backing the current personnel and strategy seems like either denial or stubborn arrogance to me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On Radio Sussex at 7.50am... headline quote from that interview ..."squad is strong enough for the play-offs" - have fun with that one fellow NSCers

:facepalm:

Chairman Tony Bloom be disappointed with that assessment. The squad is weak enough to sleepwalk into League One.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I think it is strong enough to make the playoffs.....just not the playoffs in this division.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I said in the summer we are sleepwalking towards relegation and am still of the same opinion. The performances have been toothless and vulnerable while recruitment decisions have been a total shambles. Bloom backing the current personnel and strategy seems like either denial or stubborn arrogance to me.
Spot on

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

Begs the question of why we are sitting in 20th and 1 point outside the relegation zone then?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Makes it very hard for TB to sack SH in the near future now. Interesting that he shows no doubts whatsoever, is this stubbornness due to SH being a TB appointment or can he see light at the end of the tunnel that the majority of fans cannot?

Interesting times ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here