Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parliamentary Labour Party imploding

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This'll be the same Labour party that are now the largest party in the UK and have seen a absolutely METEORIC upswing in popularity over the past few months? OK then.
But, but, but the Tory press keep telling me Corbyn is an incompetent shambles and the Labour Party have never been in such a mess.... Are you sure you have your facts straight?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Corbyn, McDonnell, Watson, Abbott and the rest.
Bloody hell, just imagine that lot and the veggie farming minister running the country!
Abysmal.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
This'll be the same Labour party that are now the largest party in the UK and have seen an absolutely METEORIC upswing in popularity over the past few months? OK then.

You are of course being rather selective. In terms of membership, they may well be the largest, and Corbyn has attracted many lefties to his cause in terms of membership. The support they then receive from the electorate at large, even from traditional Labour supporters may not be as meteoric.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But, but, but the Tory press keep telling me Corbyn is an incompetent shambles and the Labour Party have never been in such a mess.... Are you sure you have your facts straight?

Sorry, you're right. What was I thinking, looking at things like FACTS?

The press would never lie to us, especially about someone who is willing to call them out on their unbelievable bullshit, which tonnes of morons still appear to lap up every day.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Luckily most sane people can see through the propeganda machine and these people make up a much larger number of potential voters than some people give credit for...

Attempting to permanently put Corbyn in a lose/lose situation is all the right wing lot have got and it's clear they are running scared. I'm more concerned about the pig f*cker and the cocaine addled mad chancellor than I ever will be of Corbyn.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You are of course being rather selective. In terms of membership, they may well be the largest, and Corbyn has attracted many lefties to his cause in terms of membership. The support they then receive from the electorate at large, even from traditional Labour supporters may not be as meteoric.

I'm not being selective. The facts I've quoted still suggest that the Labour party is far, far from being finished. If anything, it's getting it's first proper new dawn of optimism since Blair's rise.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
That's right comrade. Freedom of speech and all that, (so long as you agree with us). Deselecting MP's because they don't agree with the leadership; surely even you can't think this is good for democracy.

Would you support Corbyn/left-wing MP's being deselected if (hypothetically) he resigns and a more 'centre' leader is elected?

You're missing the point.

Corbyn was elected overwhelmingly by the grass roots Labour Party members, many of whom are new members. Whilst not a given, by and large it is likely they will legitimately deselect the Blairite MPs.......not Corbyn.

Recently Chukka Ummuna said he was worried about his position in Streatham given the new membership there, so that indicates the shift in power within the Labour Party.

Whatever happens to Corbyn, those new labour members who voted for him are unlikely to change to a Blairite leader, the reason they joined was to oppose the Blairites, and the Tory lite ideology that it stands for.

That said I am sure there are some who don't know their Corbyn arse from their Blairite elbow.......:lolol:

They are not labour though they are just anti Tories.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Luckily most sane people can see through the propeganda machine and these people make up a much larger number of potential voters than some people give credit for...

Attempting to permanently put Corbyn in a lose/lose situation is all the right wing lot have got and it's clear they are running scared. I'm more concerned about the pig f*cker and the cocaine addled chancellor than I ever will be of Corbyn.

Possibly not in time to affect the next election, but there is a generation growing up now who actually see the press and old style media for what they are. Social media isn't there yet but it is becoming a more powerful tool every day.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This. Corbyn's style is to encourage debate and he does not have spin doctoring the media as a priority.

so stating a major policy on economics then changing it a few weeks later, with no discussion of either the PLP or the membership, is encouraging debate?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Do people who supported Corbyn's financial policy before the 'flip' also support it after the 'flop' ? ???

Do they prefer pre or post u-turn ? ??? If they support post u-turn, did they criticise him pre u-turn ? ???

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
corybn 2.jpg

self destruct.jpg

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm not being selective. The facts I've quoted still suggest that the Labour party is far, far from being finished. If anything, it's getting it's first proper new dawn of optimism since Blair's rise.

But that doesn't translate into votes. I have read comments in the paper from a Labour MP that say when party activism rises it correlates with less votes at the polls.
Corbyn will encourage the unions to hold rallies like the one's in Manchester last week, this in turn will convince the members that their support has never been stronger because their only contact is with people who agree with them. All of this behaviour is a massive turn off for the rest of the electorate, especially when there are elements at every march who want to vandalise businesses and spit at Conservative MPs.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I was a royalist before but after this fiasco, I'm totally not. Seriously. The idea that an unelected figurehead with no real power or use can say to an elected MP (**** or not) 'you will kneel before me so help you God.' is completely outrageous as:

A: Church & State should always be separate. Obviously.
B: You can't go threatening people, not least with the wrath of an entity that probably doesn't exist.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm stunned at hearing that they're making a big fuss out of JC not getting his Rt. Hon. title.

I was a royalist before but after this fiasco, I'm totally not. Seriously. The idea that an unelected figurehead with no real power or use can say to an elected MP (**** or not) 'you will kneel before me so help you God.' is completely outrageous as

he already swore an oath to the Queen when joining parliament, with the same points you object to. its daft that you are so outraged by a bit of poorly known ceremony, you're just perpetuating the fuss.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Oh, yes you are! JC has clearly energised the left and the amount of new members of that ilk has been impressive, and it may be enjoying a new dawn of optimism, as you suggest. But your post talked about its meteoric rise in popularity, and that it is a totally different situation. Were Cameron to call an election now, highly unlikely, obviously, but would you then think that Labour had a chance of winning -that is afterall the test of a party which has enjoyed a meteoric rise in popularity. The electorate as a whole has to be convinced and only then would I use the word "meteoric".

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I was a royalist before but after this fiasco, I'm totally not. Seriously. The idea that an unelected figurehead with no real power or use can say to an elected MP (**** or not) 'you will kneel before me so help you God.' is completely outrageous as:

A: Church & State should always be separate. Obviously.
B: You can't go threatening people, not least with the wrath of an entity that probably doesn't exist.

Do you not think that this is just that shade OTT -surely you can't be that "outraged" by something that is pure tradition.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
But that doesn't translate into votes. I have read comments in the paper from a Labour MP that say when party activism rises it correlates with less votes at the polls.
Corbyn will encourage the unions to hold rallies like the one's in Manchester last week, this in turn will convince the members that their support has never been stronger because their only contact is with people who agree with them. All of this behaviour is a massive turn off for the rest of the electorate, especially when there are elements at every march who want to vandalise businesses and spit at Conservative MPs.

Fully agree with that Labour MP. Marches and demos etc may make the energised minority left feel good, but is likely to turn off folk, on whom they will rely for victory at the polls.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Typical politicians, they give people a vote, they don't like the result so throw their toys out of the pram, rebel and refuse to accept the people's democratic decision because they know better. Nothing really new here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here