Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driving past a horse when it's on the pavement ?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Obviously a pointless wind up thread, why bother.
But what about this; you take your dog for a walk and it soils the pavement, it is your responsibility to clean it up.
You ride a horse down the pavement, it decides to unload, you just carry on as if nothing has happened.
Why don't riders carry a carrier sized bag and say, small fold up shovel, clean up and take it with them to dispose of, rather than just leave it.
This has happened twice outside my neighbours house and he is pretty p****d about it.

There is a big difference between dog :shit: and :timmy: poo, though. The former is meat based and stinks to high heaven, whist the latter is just hay / grass and dries out as a good compost. You wouldn't put dog shit all round your rose beds, would you?:sick:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
There is a big difference between dog :shit: and :timmy: poo, though. The former is meat based and stinks to high heaven, whist the latter is just hay / grass and dries out as a good compost. You wouldn't put dog shit all round your rose beds, would you?:sick:

You are of course right but even so I have to agree about those complaining about horse muck all over the pavement - it's not very nice.

The Highway code states quite clearly - "You must not take a horse onto a footpath or pavement and you should not take a horse onto a cycle track." - on that basis horse muck on the pavement should never be a problem.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
You are of course right but even so I have to agree about those complaining about horse muck all over the pavement - it's not very nice.

The Highway code states quite clearly - "You must not take a horse onto a footpath or pavement and you should not take a horse onto a cycle track." - on that basis horse muck on the pavement should never be a problem.

Absolutely, as we don't get horses fouling the pavements round my way as they are either very narrow or non existent and the riders, on the whole, seem very considerate. However, there is one elderly rider who seems to have absolutely no control over her horse, whatsoever. I've been behind her a a junction in the lane where she has signaled that she is turning left, but the horse has gone right. It's like something out of a carry on film. If I see her now, I turn around and take another route.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I used to ride a lot, and there is always a gate, or garden fence or lamp post etc. to tie them to.

Tie a horse to a garden fence? Lots of fences were blown down recently and I think a homeowner that had just paid out for some new fencing wouldn't want a horse tethered up to it.

When my Wife goes horse riding she gets onto the her horse using some sort of hop up, looks like some sawn off stairs, I expect there is an equestrian name for it. I don't think she would want to keep getting off the horse to pick up its crap when out riding.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Tie a horse to a garden fence? Lots of fences were blown down recently and I think a homeowner that had just paid out for some new fencing wouldn't want a horse tethered up to it.

When my Wife goes horse riding she gets onto the her horse using some sort of hop up, looks like some sawn off stairs, I expect there is an equestrian name for it. I don't think she would want to keep getting off the horse to pick up its crap when out riding.

My wife only gets onto her HIGH horse every time I come back slightly inebriated from FOOTY:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here