Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Obviously years ago we had far more jobs, people had more security but to blame old people like he is doing is just plain wrong. My mum is 81 years old, she was cleaning toilets up to four years ago sometimes having to wipe excrement off the walls, I would like to see some younger people do this job, it is beneath them and that is the problem.

She has paid in this system for 50+ years and only recently needing NHS treatment for her eyes.

He also doesn't count for the hours these old age pensioners do looking after their grand children because of child care costs.

Touching post. .:clap2:
The lack of respect shown towards the elderly these days is shameful, hats off to to your mum.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I haven't been involved in this conversation but I think the point being made was that the likely ethnic origin of the criminal was being used in a particular way to support a wider generalisation. In fact, most people, reading a description of this crime, would privately guess that the criminal wasn't from Westphalia - in the same way that that most people (however they voted) would guess that a nutter stabbing a northern MP whilst crying "This is for England" was a rabid Brexiter. I don't think I would use that second fact to make a wider point. The criticism is not about you applying the 'applying the principle of precedent', as I think you know.

So here is a case where you are not tracking back over posts, why ever not?

I think you are looking at events like this, when they arise, through a different lens to the vast majority of people in this country and in Europe.

When this point started on this thread, the only point that was made by me was that I speculated that the culprit would not be a native German.......a point that was proven.

This speculation was based on the historical precedent of similar such attacks......this was not a wild stab in the dark, (no pun intended) just rational analysis.

The problem for you (and others that see the world the way you do) is that you are trying to create a narrative with these attacks that does not reconcile with reality.

PS. I take your point on Jo Cox but wasn't she shot and stabbed.........minor detail, doesn't affect the sentiment.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Anyway, we've run rings around the brexiteers, they've resorted to type and gone bonkers and it's undoubtedly been fun but time for the grown ups to get back to business.

Here's some hard truths hidden in last week's budget we are going to have to get used to in a post referendum Britain. Think you've helped improve Britain for your children? Think again. They won't be thanking you. It ain't pretty.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ne...2-bits-brexit-bad-news-hidden-budget-2017?amp

Tatty Bye
TC

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The Brexiteers really have taken a thorough thrashing on this thread this week. Marvelous scenes.

Tatty Bye
TC

Problem for the remainers though is they won when it mattered which is sadly something none of you can get over. Its a bit like being jilted for the 1st time you always pine over the past when the future is always brighter !!!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Problem for the remainers though is they won when it mattered which is sadly something none of you can get over. Its a bit like being jilted for the 1st time you always pine over the past when the future is always brighter !!!!

If I've understood your waffle, I think this is a bit more serious than being dumped.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You know what I think Mr Clamp, I think you should move abroad and get out of this hell hole?

Why would I do that? My friends and family, my job, my town, my pets, my property, Sussex, all in the UK. Why would I leave all that because a tiny, tiny majority were pursuaded to make a very, very poor decision.
No thanks, I love my country. I shan't abandon it to you lot.

Tatty Bye
TC

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nice little plug for what appears to be a Quango, of which the writer has been appointed The Chair. Lucrative, one wonders? Worryingly, the IPPR Commission on Economic Justice is there to solve the problems of shaping Britain in a post-Brexit world, while not appearing to come up with any concrete ideas, not in this piece anyway.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Nice little plug for what appears to be a Quango, of which the writer has been appointed The Chair. Lucrative, one wonders? Worryingly, the IPPR Commission on Economic Justice is there to solve the problems of shaping Britain in a post-Brexit world, while not appearing to come up with any concrete ideas, not in this piece anyway.

It does at least recognise the need for a policy for investing in innovation rather than dreamily anticipating a return to the 1950s.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think someone else stated either on this thread or another related one. Automation will kill more jobs in the next 25yrs than Brexit ever will. This is the issue that will affect all. Leaving the EU is just a minor blip

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I see gobshite Geldof made a fool of himself at a corporate city do conference at Heathrow. A shit Brexit speech. See the comments. I wonder how Geldof made his 30+ milions from a couple of average records. Give us the live aid receipts "Sir" Bob.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just like you and the others who predicted a win for Remain.....who got beaten...fool.

We've yet to see. The negotiations will start soon then we will see who ultimately wins.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think someone else stated either on this thread or another related one. Automation will kill more jobs in the next 25yrs than Brexit ever will. This is the issue that will affect all. Leaving the EU is just a minor blip

Which is utter rubbish for so many reasons.

There are many, many industries that could have easily been fully automated for years. This is deliberately not done as it would eventually lead to the collapse of industry, including their own. That's widely recognised.

Tatty Bye
TC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here