Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Mooy

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Statement of intent from Huddersfield this, 8 to 12m.

Hardly - it's cost them 8 to 12m to bring one position in their team up to the same level as it was when they finished 5th in the Championship. I wonder how much it will cost to bring the other 4 loanee places up to a 5th place Championship level? And how much will be left for NEW players?

Aug 23, 2011
It is the absolute minimum that they need to do. Like us, they have to keep the core of their best players from last year and make significant additions.

Indeed and as we had only a couple of loans with the main ones being Pog and Tomori (ignoring Murray as we signed him). Hudds had loans in arguably more key areas (ward, Mooy, Brown, and Palmer) so it will cost them a lot more to have the same level of squad as last year

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hardly - it's cost them 8 to 12m to bring one position in their team up to the same level as it was when they finished 5th in the Championship. I wonder how much it will cost to bring the other 4 loanee places up to a 5th place Championship level? And how much will be left for NEW players?

My thoughts exactly

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Would have loved him here. Great signing for them.

I agree. Great player but doesn't do enough defensively for to interest someone like CH I wouldn't have thought. We will have people with more versatility than that I would have thought come the start of the season

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think 10m and 35k a week is fair enough for a player of his quality. I would love to have him here.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
8 million rising to 10 its a bargain i think, regardless of who we get in.

And i know he enjoyed his time there, but I am a bit suprised he has not got a better offer as it were.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's only so many Australians a side can have. In an ideal world that would be none, obviously, and we look set to exceed that ideal as it is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When did former Player of the Season Kayal suddenly become shitehouse?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It is the absolute minimum that they need to do. Like us, they have to keep the core of their best players from last year and make significant additions.

Don't forget the hey had quite a few loan players, so they need to be replaced as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Aaron Mooy: Huddersfield Town agree club-record £10m fee with Man City

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40289316
That is a lot of money for a player who goes missing in big games, according to the Huddersfield fans. Really don't think we will be paying that sort of money on players, or salaries and I am happy with that, we should spend what we can afford. I am amazed at some fans on here who blast other clubs, like Birmingham, Palace, Bmuff etc for spending big on things they can not afford, but we get upset when we don't ?. I hope we keep to a sensible budget and if that is not good enough, then so be it.. I want an Aston Martin but can not afford one.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
As others have said, I am not too worried about this. It's a lot of money for a player who has no Premier League experience. Huddersfield had to match what City wanted as he is so vital for how they play under Wagner. Stephens is the equivalent for us and that is why it was so vital for us to sign him up on that long term contract.

I am confident we can get better value for the one remaining midfielder we want. You only have to look at Pascal Gross to see there is value overseas. More top flight experience than Mooy and much cheaper!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
That is a lot of money for a player who goes missing in big games, according to the Huddersfield fans. Really don't think we will be paying that sort of money on players, or salaries and I am happy with that, we should spend what we can afford. I am amazed at some fans on here who blast other clubs, like Birmingham, Palace, Bmuff etc for spending big on things they can not afford, but we get upset when we don't ?. I hope we keep to a sensible budget and if that is not good enough, then so be it.. I want an Aston Martin but can not afford one.

Agreed, but 10 million really isnt spending Big, far from it. If we spent 30 million on 3 players that then earnt 30k a week, that would be sensible spending in my opinion...

spending 25 million on a centre half and paying him 100k a week for example... thats silly spending

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
This fawning over Aaron Mooy has been pathetic, he is nowhere near Premier League quality and that will be hopelessly exposed next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here