Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa wants out?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Whatever the money on offer it took 18 months to find him after Murray left and we would be expected to replace Ulloa in 8 weeks. I am not sure we could.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Whatever the money on offer it took 18 months to find him after Murray left and we would be expected to replace Ulloa in 8 weeks. I am not sure we could.

He was on the radar when Murray left , we had to wait for him to gain Spanish citizenship through residency. Much easier to sign an EU citizen than obtaining a work permit and visa for an Argentinian.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
If I had to put a figure on it, I'd say roughly 70% of the posts I read on here are from demonstrably clueless, illiterate nimrods. About 20% are generally normal chaps who tend to get it right most of the time when they're not being overly emotional about the latest Albion related setback. The remaining 10% is made up of educated, literate posters that actually know something about football and have the ability to put their opinions across in a concise and well thought out manner.

A wee message from Rabbie...

O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If I was 28 at the peak of my career and I thought there was a chance of Premier League football, rationally, I think I would go for it. Rationally, does not mean getting upset unless I was blocked. I think we would have to let him go, despite the contract to be honoured.

Replacing him like for like will be near impossible for next season. I think he will do better in the Premier.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If he score 20+ this season and we don't go up, then off he goes.
That is if he is still with us at the start of this season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
If Wickham did leave Sunderland, it means Sunderland will then be after a replacement and there is no reason why Ulloa will not then get linked with a move to the North East. Most important thing is that the club has a realistic list of potential replacements lined up, incase a sizeable bid does come in before the transfer window closes.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't agree, bad news. Would rather have the 7m

Well, you're entitled to it. But...

a) how much of that would go on replacing Leo/other players?
b) how long will it take us to get this mythical replacement in?
c) when did £7M lasts score a goal!?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Money is only any good if spent well.
Leo scores goals and is a generally excellent team player.
We need to keep him.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Well, you're entitled to it. But...

a) how much of that would go on replacing Leo/other players?
b) how long will it take us to get this mythical replacement in?
c) when did £7M lasts score a goal!?

A) unknown
B) unknown
C) I think some clever replacements, if the money gets reinvested, could provide us with more options than ulloa gave us.

Just my opinion though.

I Understand what your saying though BW.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Money is only any good if spent well.
Leo scores goals and is a generally excellent team player.
We need to keep him.

Agree, but only if he wants to stay.

We know to our cost last season that there is little point in keeping an unhappy player.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
According to reports the Foxes are keen on a powerful striker and have turned their attention to Wickham after having had three bids rejected for Brighton and Hove Albion forward Leonardo Ulloa.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/10947663/Leicester-City-consider-5m-bid-for-Sunderland-striker-Connor-Wickham.html

According to that article, Wickham is currently valued at 5m by Leicester. Would make this supposed 7m bid for Ulloa look like a really good offer for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here