Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyson Fury

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thorough;ly entertaining read back chaps, thanks for that. How unlike [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] to have been completely wrong :wozza:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Utterly clueless. How do you even know what happened if you didn't pay to watch it?

Tyson is just too good, too big, and too fast for him. Klitschko can only beat smaller men that he can lean on all night.

I didnt pay to watch it, but I watched it!!

I still wouldnt call any rematch if it happens. Wladimir is a better fighter than that contest suggests, and so is Fury. Has age caught up with Wlad?

in 2004 when Wlad last lost, he completely reinvented his style and footwork, having been a front fighter coming forward, to his new defensive type.
He has got used to years of being the bigger guy with the longer reach who can stand back and pick off opponents with the jab and who cant hit him back unless they come in and when they do to launch the right or the left hook.
I still believe Klitchko is the stronger puncher but he was rubbish and devoid of ideas on Saturday. If he comes back, he should have learned that his old and established tactics of standing back and trying to pick off, simply cannot work against Fury who moves quickly and has a longer reach.
Wlad will have to do what all his own opponents have had to do for the last 11 years, try and get inside Fury and/or try and make it a brawl, to get his right hand away more often rather than try and play again the distance game of patient chess he's been boring us all with for years.

Klitchko can still do what Lewis did in Rahman 2, he's still good enough imho, but he's going to have to be prepared to take the fight to Tyson, to come in which means getting his pretty face hit, and to face the potential that in coming in he may well get hurt. Can Klitchko stomach a real fight, rather than a strategic jabfest? thats the question and I'm not sure he can stomach it.

He can win, but it will be by KO or nothing. It will have to be a real fight. Furys range, reach and speed says he will win again if the fight is similar. Klitchko has to come in and get off his fabled right and left hook.

Lose again, which he will if he stands off, and he is finished

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Haye is an old HAS BEEN who talks SHITE ,just like someone ELSE on this thread :tosser:

Haye is skint, and is desperate for a paycheck...... but f**k him, he's bottled out of to many fights. I would love Joshua to take on Haye and put that tosser back into retirement penniless

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
In todays papers Fury saying he will give up his titles rather than fight David Haye is that hype to drum up and sell a fight or the fact he knows a fit Haye will beat him. Unfortunately he had to call off the 2 fights due to injury.

Amazing, someone truly believes Haye was genuinely injured both times

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didnt pay to watch it, but I watched it!!

I still wouldnt call any rematch if it happens. Wladimir is a better fighter than that contest suggests, and so is Fury. Has age caught up with Wlad?

in 2004 when Wlad last lost, he completely reinvented his style and footwork, having been a front fighter coming forward, to his new defensive type.
He has got used to years of being the bigger guy with the longer reach who can stand back and pick off opponents with the jab and who cant hit him back unless they come in and when they do to launch the right or the left hook.
I still believe Klitchko is the stronger puncher but he was rubbish and devoid of ideas on Saturday. If he comes back, he should have learned that his old and established tactics of standing back and trying to pick off, simply cannot work against Fury who moves quickly and has a longer reach.
Wlad will have to do what all his own opponents have had to do for the last 11 years, try and get inside Fury and/or try and make it a brawl, to get his right hand away more often rather than try and play again the distance game of patient chess he's been boring us all with for years.

Klitchko can still do what Lewis did in Rahman 2, he's still good enough imho, but he's going to have to be prepared to take the fight to Tyson, to come in which means getting his pretty face hit, and to face the potential that in coming in he may well get hurt. Can Klitchko stomach a real fight, rather than a strategic jabfest? thats the question and I'm not sure he can stomach it.

He can win, but it will be by KO or nothing. It will have to be a real fight. Furys range, reach and speed says he will win again if the fight is similar. Klitchko has to come in and get off his fabled right and left hook.

Lose again, which he will if he stands off, and he is finished

Klitchkos problem was he didnt throw enough punches and was reliant on 1 big one. I dont think he would do that again.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I believe he was, as a heavy weight boxer has to be at the maximum fitness and medical level. Any doubt and they will pull out.

And Matt Derbyshire would make a good option for 200k.

Haye made a tit of himself against Klitchko, he looked a proper idiot in the ring running away then gave it a load of old flannel about his toe hurting. (if his toe hurt he would've stood still and thrown some punches, rather than run away).
He gave it all the usual mouth and trash talk against Fury, then he backed out twice....... Personally I just don't think he fancied it. He bottled, and whilst he can punch, he's a gobby prick who's lost a lot of credibility.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Off topic but what the hell has Haye blown all his cash on? He must be even more of a tit than he seems if he really is skint.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He maintains a comeback is about ambition nothing to do with money but didnt he lose a packet on a Middle East investment.

He got nicked in UAE i think after bouncing a check and not being able to pay for a couple of other bills.... he's been forced to sell his boxing gym under arches in Vauxhall London. By all accounts he's skint.

Poor old Dave

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
He got nicked in UAE i think after bouncing a check and not being able to pay for a couple of other bills.... he's been forced to sell his boxing gym under arches in Vauxhall London. By all accounts he's skint.

Poor old Dave

Sorry to be pedantic but the gym under the arches is Adam Booths. David Haye had his gym set up in a hotel, which must be a bit pricey !

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
A prize bell end and their money are easily parted I suppose but still, that's a fair wedge to blow.

What a shame. LOL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here