Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What song brings tears to your eyes?

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
Only one -Talk Talk's It's My Life, a song sung from the perspective of an animal in a laboratory. You'd have to have a heart of stone not to get emotional listening to it, the Gwen Stefani No Doubt version notwithstanding:

Funny how I blind myself, I never knew
If I was sometimes played upon, afraid to lose

I'd tell myself, what good you do
Convince myself
It's my life, don't you forget
It's my life, it never ends (It never ends)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOQrDASKEbc

This Talk Talk one for me, classic

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Not many songs would cause me to get teary per se but in the context of memories of loved ones and friends - Dance with my father -Luther Vandross and If you leave me now - Chicago can fill up the tear ducts if I'm on my own and in contemplative mood.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd forgotten how great this track was and how good Brilliant Trees is. I remember reading Sylvian had been compiling the tracks for Exorcising Ghosts at the time he wrote this. It's a real shame that (IMO) his work after The First Day has been so...disappointing.

Yeah, good point. His work suffered when his first marriage broke up. There are some nice tracks, nevertheless, on Rain Tree Crow, Secrets of the Beehive, and Dead Bees on a Cake. Actually a track from the latter is another massive tear jerker for me . . . .:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQlm0Q8HKUE

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Drive by The Cars
because of that Live Aid video.

Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
I lost my brother at the time it was out.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Seasons in the Sun - Westlife

It sounds relaxing at first, but once you delve deeper into the meaning of the song and the actual melody, it is really sad. Lost count of when tears slowly flowed down my cheek with this song

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We were in the RAH for this performance... absolutely spine-tingling every time I hear it... (song starts at 1:35 but it's worth listening to Jim Radford's story...)

Lush

Mods' Pet

Yes!

Also: Goodbye to Love - The Carpenters, any Vaughan Williams and Elgar's Cello Concerto

However, not long after my eldest daughter was born, I also remember bursting into tears at the theme from Home and Away.

"You know we belong together, you and I forever and ever. No matter where you are, you're my guiding star..." :cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here