Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Had a pop at him on this thread after the Forest game, have to say, he was quality today.
The penalty save was a game saver if ever there was one.
As plenty of people have pointed out, he is young for a keeper, some inconsistency is to be expected.
Chuffed with the points today, onwards and upwards.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I missed the game today, typical. Im still to see a good game from Stockdale :lol: Great to hear he's had a great game though, hopefully its like a striker finding the net after a drought and he can now kick on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As I said early the ball skimmed our defenders head slightly changing the trajectory of the ball which was moving fast.

Fair enough. Wasn't obvious from the WSU. My mate did his nut and then all of a sudden Stockdale was having the best game of his time here so far.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Stockdale contract is 3 years so no premiership football then. Wow, he saved a penalty so now is a world class keeper. He's so shocking it's unreal, he's cost us at least 12 pts. Law of averages says he'll have a good game or two but Jesus, the man is a clown and we paid over £1m for him.

He's best calamity moments are yet to come and someone should tell him the game doesn't start after conceding after their first shot on target and how many has he let in after the first shot, I've lost count now.

So you have a twitter account as well to abuse our keeper

[tweet]569182487525646336[/tweet]
[tweet]569236767007756288[/tweet]

still [tweet]569236172859412480[/tweet]

Last edited:

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
why wasn't the guy from outside the box prevented from having an angle to shoot at goal by our outfield players? he probably shouldn't have had that much room to even be able to pull the trigger but i guess it's far easier for some to scapegoat the keeper.

that was bennetts fault - but apparently he played a blinder today..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The penalty save albeit it was poorly hit was the turning point of the game we went in at halftime with our tails up. He then made a decent save by spreading himself a usual reaction from a keeper but none the less he did it. Had no chance with any of the goals which were all down to bad defending.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stocky had an excellent game today, two fantastic saves and nothing he could do about any of the goals. The defence were at fault massively for the 2nd and 3rd

sparky

Jan 17, 2009
Stockdale contract is 3 years so no premiership football then. Wow, he saved a penalty so now is a world class keeper. He's so shocking it's unreal, he's cost us at least 12 pts. Law of averages says he'll have a good game or two but Jesus, the man is a clown and we paid over £1m for him.

He's best calamity moments are yet to come and someone should tell him the game doesn't start after conceding after their first shot on target and how many has he let in after the first shot, I've lost count now.

do you actually go to games. stockdale most consistent performer this season considering he has had no protection

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Hope that yesterday was the break through and it goes from strength to strength from that. His confidence should now be up and that will hopefully lead to more match saving performances. His two saves yesterday were as good as two goals so it was a job well done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having just watched it again.

From a technique perspective the 'push out' was bad but it typifies the defence DS is playing behind.

There were 3 flat footed statues wearing Albion kit between DS and the Brum player.
Nobody moved or even looked like moving until long after the shot sailed over.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Stocky had an excellent game today, two fantastic saves and nothing he could do about any of the goals. The defence were at fault massively for the 2nd and 3rd

Give over, he had a good game and the penalty save most prob won us the game, ( if they went in at half time ahead I could of seen brum spending the 2 nd half wasting time )but two fantastic saves? They were shot right at him and he deflected one of them to a brum player lucky enough he shot high and wasted it.

It seems to be the NSC way of either slagging a player of or making him better than what he is. Barnes for example.

Stockdale will have to do a lot more to convince me he is worth £1m. As much as he had a good game he still let 3 goals in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
. As much as he had a good game he still let 3 goals in.[/QUOTE]

This is the worry about the number of goals they are conceeding at home.average 2 or 3 a game in recent games. This is surprising because CH CC and NJ were all defenders and you would expect them to sort out that department first.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Give over, he had a good game and the penalty save most prob won us the game, ( if they went in at half time ahead I could of seen brum spending the 2 nd half wasting time )but two fantastic saves? They were shot right at him and he deflected one of them to a brum player lucky enough he shot high and wasted it.

It seems to be the NSC way of either slagging a player of or making him better than what he is. Barnes for example.

Stockdale will have to do a lot more to convince me he is worth £1m. As much as he had a good game he still let 3 goals in.

That is a very harsh comment.
The 1st was a deflection off a shot that was going 3 yards wide and the 2nd and 3rd were two appalling defensive errors by Dunk and Ince, I think, who allowed the scorers to control the ball in our box, with their backs to goal, turn and shoot to score.
The similar thing happened for Arsenal's 1st against us, Dunk gave Walcott too much space. Our defenders are not close enough to the attackers, we stand off them too much.

So critising Stockdale for any of yesterdays three goals is unbelievable.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That is a very harsh comment.
The 1st was a deflection off a shot that was going 3 yards wide and the 2nd and 3rd were two appalling defensive errors by Dunk and Ince, I think, who allowed the scorers to control the ball in our box, with their backs to goal, turn and shoot to score.
The similar thing happened for Arsenal's 1st against us, Dunk gave Walcott too much space. Our defenders are not close enough to the attackers, we stand off them too much.

So critising Stockdale for any of yesterdays three goals is unbelievable.

Yep. There was a quite painful sense of deja vu about two of their goals yesterday, compared to others in recent games. Standing off an opposition striker in the penalty area, allowing him to turn and aim a shot into the bottom corner is defensively unforgiveable, and that's at least three times it's happened lately. FFS, Dunk & Co. You really should have worked this one out by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here