Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our new Prime Minister Theresa May, and her cabinet...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
We are replacing (or rather, we having replaced for us) a Remain PM, who is resigning because he supported Remain, with another Remain PM, because there is literally no one who supported Brexit who the party deems up to the job.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
When there is a general election you are voting for the party as well as the person leading it...

you are voting for a representative for your local constituency. its a sad reflection of the system that so few seem to acknowledge this, let alone accept or understand the implications.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All these Brexiters talking about how Democracy has spoken...

How do you like your ****ing democracy now... We now have an unelected PM

I like my ****ing democracy very well, thank you. Same you seem to have a problem with it. What would be your preferred alternative to democracy?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i didnt correct you
someone else did and added the annual so it made sense.......as previously it didnt make sense.

take it to the other referendum thread chap
this is the wrong place

It was obvious it was annual... Wasn't going to be weekly was it ;)

The Clamp

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It was obvious it was annual... Wasn't going to be weekly was it ;)

I wouldn't worry about Rastafarian, he's got no valid points so just flits from thread to thread trying to find minor point that he will then try and string out over literally days trying to make it sound relevant, meanwhile he missed the thrust of the debate.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I like my ****ing democracy very well, thank you. Same you seem to have a problem with it. What would be your preferred alternative to democracy?

A democracy where idiots don't vote. Is this possible?

Theresa May is now leading the country. She is the leader and yet she was not voted in nor was leading the party when it was elected. This is hardly democracy at it's best.

I can't argue with idiots anymore if they cannot see the point i am making.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Awkward.................I hate to be the one to point this out but no one votes to elect a Prime Minister, thats not how it works at a General Election, the PM just happens to be whoever is the leader of the winning party.

If the leader steps down for any reason during the term then the new leader becomes PM.

Hope that clears it up for you. :)

We didn’t vote for the president of the European Commission, we voted for a government and MEPs who did.

That was enough for you lot to wet your pants.

I say bring back democracy to the ordinary man.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
We didn’t vote for the president of the European Commission, we voted for a government and MEPs who did.

That was enough for you lot to wet your pants.

I say bring back democracy to the ordinary man.

Exactly... The point i probably didn't highlight well...

People didn't like the fact that the EU officials were not democratically voted by us however they were by elected MEP's which is basically the same way as Theresa May, who is now leading the country..

You cannot class the first method as undemocratic and yet the other is??
[MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] Awkward

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
From the BBC website:

In her first major speech of the referendum campaign, Mrs May said the UK had to "stand tall and lead in Europe" rather than leaving the EU, and that membership made the UK "more secure from crime and terrorism".

So let me get this right - she voted Remain, as Home Secretary she is responsible for security from crime and terror yet has now ruled out anything other than Brexit thereby - in her own words - making the UK less secure from crime and terrorism.

Is it just me who thinks this is f*cked up?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Exactly... The point i probably didn't highlight well...

People didn't like the fact that the EU officials were not democratically voted by us however they were by elected MEP's which is basically the same way as Theresa May, who is now leading the country..

You cannot class the first method as undemocratic and yet the other is??

Not only democratically elected MEPs but the democratically elected heads of state too. But that process is undemocratic apparently?!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
So the new prime minister is Theresa May. Not to be confused with the Saint - Mother Theresa #leadsom

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
It appears there is not a single Brexiteer in the whole of the Tory party who is capable of taking the role on. Well who would have thought that ???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A 60 year-old woman - one initial M, one initial T, "a bloody difficult woman" - haven't we been here before?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
A democracy where idiots don't vote. Is this possible?

Theresa May is now leading the country. She is the leader and yet she was not voted in nor was leading the party when it was elected. This is hardly democracy at it's best.

I can't argue with idiots anymore if they cannot see the point i am making.

I'm 100% with you on your general point but calling people 'idiots' doesn't further or help the argument. Just sayin'.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I wonder how the Brexiters feel about a Remainer leading the negotiations with the EU. It's probably a good comproimise especially with all the Brexiters bricking it and jumping ship.

I wonder how the Brexiters feel about a Remainer leading the negotiations with the EU. It's probably a good comproimise especially with all the Brexiters bricking it and jumping ship.
I voted to leave the EU. I fully expect the government and it's leader to fulfil mine, and 18 million others referendum wishes. May has now been chosen to be that leader. Get on with it and come 2020 I will vote accordingly as to whether I feel if my wishes have been fulfilled.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here