Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Whitehawk get promoted?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why isn't the final at a neutral venue?

They changed it about 5 years because of the expense of paying a neutral club to use their ground. The league made it that the highest finishing team is at home - to be honest, I think it's a fair way of doing it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Both sides have won their way through to the final, if one was so good they would have gone up automatically not via the play offs. Having both got to this point why should one team have the home advantage?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Both sides have won their way through to the final, if one was so good they would have gone up automatically not via the play offs. Having both got to this point why should one team have the home advantage?

Just read previous posts on the thread, it really isn't that difficult to see why they do it this way - this level and those below are all happy with this format.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A 2 leg final played on both grounds would be fairer.

I think most teams are happy with just 3 games added onto a long season. They already have to pay wages for 3 extra games, no one really wants a 2 leg final. It's a massive insentive to finish as high as you can even if you've secured a play off place.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you think Whitehawk would be happier to play at Boreham Wood rather than 2 legs even paying an extra 3 days wages. Ist leg on Wednesday 2nd leg Saturday or Sunday. I dont I think they would prefer the 2 games if it was down to them.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Do you think Whitehawk would be happier to play at Boreham Wood rather than 2 legs even paying an extra 3 days wages. Ist leg on Wednesday 2nd leg Saturday or Sunday. I dont I think they would prefer the 2 games if it was down to them.

Every team starts the season knowing the rules, if Havant had beaten B'wood I'm sure Whitehawk would have been delighted with the rules!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I accept that rules are rules, no argument but surely the organisers of the competitiin should look it at in a more realistic and fair way irrespective of 1 extra game.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If you can't see that finishing higher in a league competition gives you an advantage over the team that finished below you as not being fair, then you've got your own way of looking at it. Seems fairer to me than 3rd v 6th at a neutral venue!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As I said didnt Blackburn win a 1 off final after finishing 6th? The season is over 40 + games not just 1 game. Actually I am anti the play offs completely for that reason.
I totally agree with you. The playoffs are ridiculous and are often an insult to the third placed team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here